summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on January 28, 2013
This is all I need, as I am a harry potter fan, but not a die hard, All I wanted was the movies on Blu Ray, and that's what this is, It's a reasonable Price for the whole collection.

HD Picture Quality is perfect 5/5

Surround Sound is great 5/5

It's a nice scaled down box that holds all the discs together safely 5/5

The one Disc that still has "Disc 1 of 2" on it is just lazy on their part. 3/5

As far as owning just the blu ray of all the harry potter films goes, this is all you need, if you are a die hard and you want every little special feature, this isn't for you. Hope this helps.
on November 19, 2011
If you are a die-hard Harry Potter fan, do not buy this collection. All you get with this set is the first disc (disc 1) from each of the original blu ray releases of the films, literally. This is fine for the first five films/books (Stone, Chamber, Prisoner, Goblet, Phoenix) because they were only one disc to begin with, but HBP and DH 1/2 are only the first of the two discs you get in the individual releases. The publishers didn't even take the time to re-skin the discs to remove the "Disc 1" and "Movie" titles from their original placement in two-disc sets. I am not a massive HP fan but I love the films, so this isn't a huge bother to me as someone who just wants all of the films in blu ray, but this is a pretty disappointingly presented collection. To include the second disc for the last three films would not have pushed the total cost much over a reasonable limit and I was expecting to get either A) a COMPLETE collection including bonus discs or B) a newly published set of discs with uniquely arranged extra features befitting a slimmed down package. As it is, this collection is adequate but not satisfying. The case is nice. I like having all eight films in one small, plastic blu ray case with plastic clip inserts for pairs of discs. It's like a four-page book, double-sided, with all the films laid out in order. Too bad the finishing touches are a little cheap and disappointing. I almost recommend this set.
0Comment|169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
Like other reviews said, this set is complied with spare discs from the full editions of the movies. Some are labeled "Disc 1" or "Movie Disc". One of them is just black with nothing but the title, like you'd get from a movie rental place.

Buy it for the movie but don't expect frills/extras. For the money, it might be better to wait and pick up the movies individually when they go on sale.
on July 5, 2013
I know that WB will probably try to sell special editions in the future but that's precisely why I cannot give these 5-stars. This is all 8 movies, and only movies. I would have liked a set of all movies + special features.
on August 18, 2014
We bought this set for $24.99 last January. I wouldn't pay a dollar more for it. We love having the collection of movies, but the packaging is beyond terrible. The case was broken when we got it, but the cheap plastic told us that even if it had come intact, it would have broken soon. As a Harry Potter fan, I regret not paying a little more for something with a little more character and substance.
on January 4, 2013
The item arrived damaged...the discs play ok but the inner case was crushed and the discs were scratched. Not sure why but it almost looked like someone sat on the package. I'm glad it worked, but it was a gift for the girlfriend. I was pretty disappointed to see it arrive in that manner. Other then that the rest is good I guess...
on January 12, 2015
Movies are great. The case that holds them though is the cheapest I've every seen. It literally fell apart when I opened it the first time and I noticed a piece that holds the disks in place was broken. The movies were ok though (not scratched).
on December 28, 2011
overall the movies are good but expected a lot more for a collectors collection.i am sure they will come out with another edition,for my set i will return mine as disc 5 freezes at a couple of points during the movie and you miss some parts
on March 20, 2016
Expected same look and feel for all discs in a box set... However, these all looked different visually and some went straight to the movie while others had menus and previews. Would have been nice to be consistent.
on February 20, 2015
Good value for the money if all you want is the movie discs (no special features), and don't mind a few of the discs saying "Disc 1" or "Movie Disc" for some reason.