countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 7, 2015
At this stage this box set is pretty poor value for all the films and very little bonus features. The eight discs come crammed into a box that is little bigger than a regular DVD and each disc has a nice printed display on them. Something that adds to the 'unfinished' feeling of this box set is that two of the titles 'Half Blood Price' and 'Deathly Hallows Pt 2' are missing the printed cover, with shiny silver DVD fronts which looks out of place and gives you the feeling they were just thrown in there from some other set.

As for the movies themselves, well, obviously they lack some of the humour and charm of the books, but overall they are pretty good. As the years go on you see the actors not only age physically, but also mature in their acting, improving the movies overall. A lot of stylistic choices disagreed with by the fans, but a great attempt to bring this popular story to the cinema. Would definitely watch again and again.
on November 17, 2015
I bought this DVD set on a really good sale around Black Friday last year. The best part about it is that I now have all of the Harry Potter DVDs at my fingertips. However, the packaging is awful. Only the first DVD has an image on it, while the rest are simply silver with the names in print. There is an insider mechanism that is supposed to let you flip through the DVDs, but it was broken when we got it, and continued to break throughout the past year. Now it sits in the case completely unattached. I think that if I had bought this as a gift for someone else, I would have been more angry about the quality. But to get all of the movies for $20, I couldn't complain much.
review image
on December 2, 2011
This set is a space saver, which i love. it contains all eight films and a small amount of bonus footage on each of the disks. if you're not looking for the whole nine yards collectors edition this is perfect for you. it's every movie, clear and simple, and most satisfactory.
on July 24, 2014
Great to have all of the harry potter movies in one collection. The case is slim, so it's much better than having eight separate DVDs taking up room on your shelf. In this packaging, the eight movies take up the equivalent of a little over two standard DVD cases.
I would have liked more special features, but I can't argue with the value for the money. Great price at the time I bought it, and it was nice to binge on Harry Potter. Watched all eight in one week. Great movies
on December 20, 2014
Fabulous !
Having the complete collection of a such exceptional series is an immense pleasure. And have it for a fraction of price is even more exciting -- everything delivered the next day, free of charges !
I ordered it not only for me, but for my family and some friends too (a total of four items). Everybody was glad with such a gift.
Thank you, Amazon, and long life !
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 18, 2012
I've been a fan of the Harry Potter books since the first volume and have also enjoyed the movies that are based on the books. Since I have the complete set of books I thought I should also have the complete set of films but I wasn't interested in paying a fortune for a set of discs that included all of those extras that seem to be part of so many other sets of films. When amazon.ca offered the set at a huge discount for one day only, I jumped at the chance.

I've now seen all of the films and must say that they are good but not as good as the books, of course. The quality of the videos is excellent as is the sound and since all of each film is included in this set, this is the essential Harry Potter collection for those who simply want the films and don't really care about the interviews and all of the other bits. Having said that, I should note that there are some additional items included in each video disc but since all I wanted was the movies I didn't bother accessing those.

It's refreshing to see each movie in its entirety after we've all seen the edited versions on TV. A lot is left out of those that's interesting and worthwhile and this complete set is just what it says it is, the complete films with no parts edited out. Unfortunately there are also some previews of other films on some of the later discs so that it's necessary to fast forward through those to get to the parts that we paid for. Too bad those weren't relegated to an appendix but, I guess today it's all about advertising.

I think the Harry Potter series is one of the best set of books of recent times, appealing to children and adults alike. They're a genuine tour de force and the movies are almost as good. If this set is available at a reduced price, it becomes an even better buy and I recommend it without reservation. I give this set a full 5 stars out of 5.
on June 3, 2012
Loved this series. Would have given it 5 stars, but since this is a pretty bare bones collection, it just gets 4. One of my favorite things though about this set is the nice compact size. It's about as thick as 2 average blu-ray cases. So for someone with a large collection, the size is great!
All you get is the single disc versions from the previous blu-ray releases of all 8 films. For the price, this is a good deal. I am sure there will eventually be a more deluxe version of the set that will come out. So if you are a die hard fan, you might want to wait. Or at least be aware that you will probably want to buy it again.
But like I said, the price was right. So for me, right now, this is a great set.
on August 19, 2014
Great boxed set of the films, but sad that some of the discs don't have the movie art on them and are just plain, almost like burned copies. Would be nice if they all had the disc art on them so they all matched.
on November 8, 2013
This is a great series, and I am assuming most people out there have at least heard of it by now, so lets just skip to the collection itself. This little collectors kit is conveniently put together. Discs 6 and 8 don't have the color images on them, but just text instead (I am not sure if this is how the discs were when you bought the movies separately). The set up of the case is nice, with no overlapping discs or flimsy folders to slide the discs out of. Just a "book" set up, with the ability to flip to different discs. Have had no problems with the quality of the discs so far. If you are looking for bells and whistles, look elsewhere, but if you want all your Harry Potter movies in one location for a good price, here it is.
on July 22, 2015
I bought this when it was very on sale (I believe I paid about $25 for it). For the price I paid it was an excellent purchase (8 DVDs), but there's no bells or whistles. There are very few special features, and the DVDs and packaging are quite plain. So I'm very happy with it, but I'm not sure I'd buy it at full price.

Not all the DVDs have custom printing on them (they're just grey with the movie title), which doesn't bother me, but might bother you.