5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed
This set is a space saver, which i love. it contains all eight films and a small amount of bonus footage on each of the disks. if you're not looking for the whole nine yards collectors edition this is perfect for you. it's every movie, clear and simple, and most satisfactory.
Published on Dec 2 2011 by Mandy

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have, but low quality
Published on Nov. 17 2011 by Marie

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, Dec 2 2011
Mandy - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection (Bilingual) (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good collection, June 3 2012
Andrew Foster (tillsonburg, ontario) - See all my reviews
Loved this series. Would have given it 5 stars, but since this is a pretty bare bones collection, it just gets 4. One of my favorite things though about this set is the nice compact size. It's about as thick as 2 average blu-ray cases. So for someone with a large collection, the size is great!
All you get is the single disc versions from the previous blu-ray releases of all 8 films. For the price, this is a good deal. I am sure there will eventually be a more deluxe version of the set that will come out. So if you are a die hard fan, you might want to wait. Or at least be aware that you will probably want to buy it again.
But like I said, the price was right. So for me, right now, this is a great set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Movie basics, Nov. 8 2013
This is a great series, and I am assuming most people out there have at least heard of it by now, so lets just skip to the collection itself. This little collectors kit is conveniently put together. Discs 6 and 8 don't have the color images on them, but just text instead (I am not sure if this is how the discs were when you bought the movies separately). The set up of the case is nice, with no overlapping discs or flimsy folders to slide the discs out of. Just a "book" set up, with the ability to flip to different discs. Have had no problems with the quality of the discs so far. If you are looking for bells and whistles, look elsewhere, but if you want all your Harry Potter movies in one location for a good price, here it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, Nov. 14 2011
As a fan whose lined up for first edition copies of all the books after the first, I agree with many fans that the Harry Potter films do not do the books justice.
I feel they were a fair first attempt from paper to screen, and some of the acting - not all, but a bit here and there, were marvelous. However, I am not here to rate the films on how they are compared to the books. I am here to rate this collection of DVDs.

I was pleasantly surprised at how small the entire collection box was, the 8 DVDs come inside a box about equal in size to a VHS tape, for those of you not as ancient as myself, that is roughly the size of 2-2.5 regular sized DVD cases. The case is inside a cardboard sleeve which I've come to expect nowadays when purchasing DVDs, however the Amazon picture does not do it justice, it looks far better in person.

The only thing I was disappointed with (which I took off one star for) was 2 of the DVDs feature no artwork printed on them. While the rest feature pictures of actors etc., Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows (part 2) pretty much just have the title of the films on them. I don't think I have OCD, but I think it would have been nice to have printed artwork on all of the DVDs to make the collection feel more like a collection.

Apart from that, I highly recommend the set to fans.

I fondly await remakes that follow the books almost word for word even if they are 10+ hour long each :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have, but low quality, Nov. 17 2011
I have to say that I was greatly disapointed when I received this... First, I thought the box looked nice and all. But then, it seems the release of this item was too fast, as 2 of the 8 disks have no art cover on them... They are metallic with just the titles written in black on them... a bit disapointing as I've been waiting to buy the whole saga since a long time. It looks cheap and as if they hurried to get this out and the product was not totally ready. Still, great movies, but I guess I'll have to buy the 2 'cheaply packaged' DVD independently to get a great collector product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bon achat, March 4 2013
C. Cadieux (Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
La boîte contient les huit (8) films DVD. Je recommande cet item si vous voulez regarder les films de très bonne qualité mais ceci n'est pas une pièce de collection.
Nous pouvons choisir de regarder les films en français ou en anglais.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was a little worried when I saw some disks ..., Sept. 14 2014
I was a little worried when I saw some disks with "Widescreen" and some without, but all disks are Widescreen.
This is all I wanted: All the movies, in a single collection at a sane price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to have all of the harry potter movies in ..., July 24 2014
B. Hoskins (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
Great to have all of the harry potter movies in one collection. The case is slim, so it's much better than having eight separate DVDs taking up room on your shelf. In this packaging, the eight movies take up the equivalent of a little over two standard DVD cases.
I would have liked more special features, but I can't argue with the value for the money. Great price at the time I bought it, and it was nice to binge on Harry Potter. Watched all eight in one week. Great movies

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok Purchase, Feb. 2 2013
The price is fair for what you get. I was not really into the early movies(The first 4). The more mature the story lines became the better the movies got.

1.0 out of 5 stars Potter is notter, Jan. 10 2015
I ordered this set the beginning of January. It arrived a few days early and I was so excited! I loaded in Philosopher's Stone and it stopped 30 minutes into the movie. Reported it immediately to Amazon and they are sending me a second set. I thought since I had the original set, it must be a fluke so loaded in Chamber of Secrets. It only took a hour and a half and that disk stopped. At first, I thought it might be my dvr machine, but my husband loaded both into his dvr and the same thing happened. So, I thought I'd try disk 3...which was supposed to be Prisoner of Azkaban. Well, it wasn't even Harry Potter...it was The Polar Express! By this time, we were both laughing...

Can't wait to get my new Harry Potter set next week! Hopefully, I will be able to finally see the first three disks and they will all be Harry Potter.

Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection (Bilingual)
CDN$ 98.99 CDN$ 62.99