4.0 out of 5 stars The wolfpack is back

Published on Dec 6 2011 by Tailgater

4.0 out of 5 stars The wolfpack is back, Dec 6 2011
Tommy Sixx Morais (The Great White North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Hangover: Part II (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD] (Blu-ray)
In 2009 The Hangover was a totally unexpected and pleasant surprise, it was a bit of a phenomenon and for a while this comedy was everywhere. It certainly got people talking (I even found myself frequently quoting the movie). After watching The Hangover I was instantly a fan and the movie remained as good with repeated viewings. Almost two years later the unthinkable happened, a sequel. It seems that Hangover would be a difficult film to generate a sequel for a number of reasons (for one the concept of the original doesn't immediately have a door opened for a sequel) but Warner Bros. managed to find a way to bring the Wolfpack back to the big screen. The Hangover Part 2 stays in the same format as the first and besides being in Bangkok, the setting is the same: One guy is about to get married then they all get drunk, wake up, don't remember anything, lost one of the guys, panic, search for lost buddy and so on. This time around Stu is the one getting married and the wolf-pack goes to Bangkok for the wedding. It's easy to dismiss Part II; however, you have to ask yourself what you were expecting out of a sequel to The Hangover in the first place.

As far as sequel goes, Part II could have been totally different and gone a new way but it's really more like a sequel that goes in the same direction as the first. The colorful characters we have come to love in Hangover are back and as funny as they were then. Bradley Cooper, Zack Galifianakis, Ed Helm and Justin Bartha are once again great at their respective roles; the characters remain just as the audience remembered them in the first film. Mr. Chow gets a bigger role this time around which makes things interesting. The addition of the little monkey was a bit gimmicky as the first Hangover had a tiger and they had to match that, but he's very funny and cute. Add to this a few new faces and replace Vegas with Bangkok, shake well and you have Hangover Part II.

In 2009 Hangover pushed the limits of what could be shown on a movie screen. In 2011 Hangover Part II raises the bar even further; it's pretty safe to say that no unrated version of the film will be released. I can't into details without spoiling anything but it's hard NOT to be shocked in some parts of the movie, but for Hangover this only means more laughter. If you weren't a fan of the original or didn't like the type of humor it contained, nothing will change with Part II. Hangover didn't take itself too seriously and neither should you. If you were one of those who simply loved the first and couldn't get enough of it, chances are you won't be totally satisfied this time around but that you will still have a good time.

One thing can be said: It's definitely not as original this time around, we've been there before but the slight changes, new gags and the once again over-the-top situations make this a fun trip.Some will label it as "more of the same" and it would probably fit that category except that I can't seem to get enough of these actors and Part II is a great adventure as well. Part II is a great comedy but the problem that some people have with it is basically that it's too similar to the first one. They played it safe for the sequel and stayed with the same formula. I still think that the first Hangover movie is the best one but Part II delivers plenty of laughs and I cannot fault it for that, it's after all, a very enjoyable movie.

The Wolfpack is back and Part II is an excellent follow up overall, it doesn't add much to the first movie and it doesn't go in a different direction but after watching the trailers maybe that was to be expected. It's very hard to top Hangover; Part II is a nice effort and comes somewhat close. That's probably why many say it's not as good as the first, with Hangover viewers didn't really have any expectations, and with Part II it's different. As much as it stays to close to the first film I have to say I laughed out loud plenty of times and had a great time.Some people will have high expectations and I think Part II is a good as a sequel to The Hangover can be. You can fault it for sticking to close to the first but it remains hilarious and a sequel worth watching for someone who like me, has a Hangover poster on their wall. I think Bangkok is definitely worth the trip,4/5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars If you seen #1, you've seen #2, Dec 6 2011
The movie itself is very funny but the plot is exactly the same as the first Hangover. And when I say the same, I mean the exact same just in a different city. It certainly has its funny movies and it even somehow managed to be more crued than the first one. If that sounds like your cup of tea, than this movie is for you. I enjoyed it but was a bit disappointed they weren't more creative.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 4 2014
Okay

5.0 out of 5 stars As funny as the first, June 23 2014
This movie is quite funny... If I saw this one first I think it would be just as funny as the first. A lot of the same jokes but still great comedy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, Feb. 14 2014
I didn't really like this movie as I thought it would be better. I don't think that I will watch Part 3. Not really a fan of this movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars good, Jan. 13 2014
the dvd came in great quality and was what i expected but the movie itself is not great.. yet not bad

4.0 out of 5 stars If you liked the first then 2nd It is!, Jan. 12 2014
people will say it's the same thing over, but what ever. If you liked the first one then buying the sec and third shouldn't be a issue, how ever would i pay 25-20 dollars? NO but i would pay $10, for sure, All three movies are worth watching and owning. As For blue ray i could save my movie and watch then just the way they are, thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Hangover part 2, Jan. 7 2014
BabyGirl - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Good movie though I think in my opinion the first one was better but this is funny too. Since I have the first one already I had to buy the second and now i will have to buy the third one. I thought that this movie was a quick lets do this movie fast kind of way I feel like they just came out with it to say hey there's part 2 if you saw the first one then you would know what i mean but its still not that bad though I have watched worse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, Dec 31 2013
Good movie with some real good one liners.....not as funny as the first hangover though!! Still a good funny mivie

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old!!, Dec 30 2013
Disc itself was very good. Movie was ok but same old thing all over again. I have "part 3" but not even curious about seeing it.

The Hangover: Part II (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
The Hangover: Part II (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD] by Bradley Cooper (Blu-ray - 2011)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 8.40