5.0 out of 5 stars best movie of the series
final destination is back with a vengence in this 5th installment of the horror franchise. with new deaths in every corner, this is the perfect movie for any horror movie lover. i watched this movie in theatres and it actually freaked me out in 3d, and not many movies actually freak me out. i love the final destination series and this is a must for any horror movie fan.
Published on Nov. 6 2011 by Brian L.

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent ending to the 5 section story
this was another of a series of five nail-biting movies, culminating in a very exciting ending. i must say, however that, in my opinion, the second of the five 'chapters' was by far the best. very worthwhile purchase.
Published on Jan. 31 2012 by Carolyne V. Lain

5.0 out of 5 stars best movie of the series, Nov. 6 2011
Brian L. (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The best final destination of them all!, Dec 27 2011
This review is from: Final Destination 5 3D [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I thought that this was one of the best horror films of 2011! The deaths were suspensefull and creative and gory, much better than the fourth. I highly recommend this movie!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm beginning to notice a pattern:), Nov. 26 2011
L. Power "nlp trainer" (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
Death does not like to be cheated. Not only does death not like to be cheated, it apparently has a sense of irony, a macabre sense of humor, and compared to the previous movies in the series, seemingly endless and original ways of restoring the balance.

I went to see this with two friends, one of whom had never seen a Final Destination movie, and she definitely did not want to see this one, she wanted to sneak into the Smurf movie instead. If FD was bad, she would leave and go home and take my other friend, because she was his ride.

So, as the movie introduces us to our usual collection of destiny deceivers, it presents the different characters in new and interesting ways. This time, a group of people going on a company retreat, though not all of the people work for the company. This time it's not a plane about to take off, a freeway pileup, or racing cars in a stadium. It's a bus on a bridge, and I was surprised to be so gripped by what happened on the bridge I forgot what happened in previous movies. The further you get into the movie, the more gripping it gets.

If my friend wanted to flee she could not, maybe because she was rooted to her seat. Amateurs.

FD5 offers an interesting twist on a successful formula. Death has a new rule, by which it can be successfully cheated, and this creates an ethical dilemma for our participants. We get the stock characters, the suspicious police detective, who thinks the accident was no accident. The creepy mysterious guy who turns up at every scene and tells our survivors death does not like to be cheated. Is he death personified, you wonder? And then the bodies start piling up.

"If they didn't deserve to die, then why do you deserve to live?"

You may discover the scenes are highly inventive, very teasing, and gripping. Sometimes you are filled with a sense of anticipation, sometimes with a sense of dread.

Particularly the gymnastic routine, will it be the pointy screw on the balance beam, the loosening bolt on the parallel bar, the frayed wire to the fan, spilling water creeping across the floor, or the defective and shaky over head air conditioner.

As the girl prepares for the Lasik scene, you think, doesn't she know? For the Lasik scene. I had to close my eyes at times. How it toys with your emotions. You can be squirming one moment while anticipating the next.

As I looked around I noticed many people covering their eyes at certain points. A little kid sitting next to me seemed strangely unperturbed by the goings on.

And, as a trainee chef ambles into the restaurant and there are naked flames and long skewers, and sharp knives everywhere, you wonder what is he thinking.

With our usual assortment of up and coming actors, I wondered who the survivors would be. I remember thinking she is too pretty to die early, but that was short sighted of me, as death does not respect the pretty.

Having seen almost all the Final Destination movies, I consider this the best since the original. Obviously, these types of movies are not for everyone, particularly not my smurf loving friend. But, if you have enjoyed Final Destination before, you will undoubtedly enjoy this one again. I loved the twist at the end.

I hope you found this review helpful, and I think you will enjoy the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINAL DESTINATION - FANTASTIC, Feb. 27 2013
Looking over the Lion's Gate Bridge, I think about this movie all the time. Great scenery, average story, awesome twist, interesting dispatches. Have watched this movie about 4 times now. I really think this is the best one of the bunch. 5,1,2,3, then 4 - which was really kinda bad but still watchable. Here's hoping the series will be continuing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good but not the best one!, Feb. 18 2013
S. Simms (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
That's about all I can say without giving away the story line. Eight more words required so I guess that's it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness!, Nov. 23 2013
One of the best in the franchise! I loved this movie and there is a really good twist. Must see if you like the other movies, you will miss out if you don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best in the franchise, July 6 2012
koolz03 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I saw this in 3-D in theaters and it was awesome! This was 500% better than the God-awful "The Final Destination" which I threw across the floor after watching because it was terrible on so many levels! This one brought life back into the franchise with a breath of fresh air. If you liked the first 3 (and maybe the 4th) than you will no doubt love this one too if not more! I especially loved the ending and how it... well I won't spoil anything...

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent ending to the 5 section story, Jan. 31 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too ironic to explain, Dec 23 2011
Kevin Barton (Whitby, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
Even though I watch the fifth Final Destination, I thought the fourth was the final of this series. Although I never enjoyed this because I found this movie way too ironic to explain, even through out the whole movie. Why bother watching the fifth Final Destination?

ARRAY(0xb5357390)