5.0 out of 5 stars another great jann offering
Published on Nov. 2 2011 by J. Ivins

1.0 out of 5 stars Is that all there is? Hope so!
I love cover records and I sort-of enjoyed Uncover Me #1, but THIS! Geez, I hope Jann got the discount rate from Bob because I thought she recorded this herself in her basement with Garageband.

Published on Nov. 3 2011 by Zuzupants

5.0 out of 5 stars another great jann offering, Nov. 2 2011
J. Ivins (poconos, pa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uncover Me 2 (Audio CD)
having read a few articles about this cd, and then hearing it...it is fantastic...jann didn't produce it, that was left up to mr. rock...who did justice to the wide range of songs...the opener does sound like a james bond theme, and jann sweeps right along with it..."in my room" has a very spare arrangement that suits its melancholy..."que sera sera" is bouncy and shimmery..."is that all there is?" oozes with janns trademark wry sense of humour...on the whole, she delivers a great autumnal album that i will be listening to on replay for days

5.0 out of 5 stars Jann Rocks!, March 20 2012
This review is from: Uncover Me 2 (Audio CD)
Uncover Me 2 has variety of song choices and arrangements. Love the choice of songs. Love the arrangements. My personal favourite is Mr. McLennen, because it tells a story while it rocks. What a talent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tunes, Jan. 13 2012
This review is from: Uncover Me 2 (Audio CD)
Great tunes from a great singer....

LOVE this CD....

Jann Arden is one of my favorite artists...

1.0 out of 5 stars Is that all there is? Hope so!, Nov. 3 2011
This review is from: Uncover Me 2 (Audio CD)

"Love Hurts" is the best cover, mostly because it fits her style of writing and her vocal can only improve on the original. However, "You Don't Own Me" suffers the worst rendition I've ever heard, especially when Jann pleads "I can do whatever I please.. please.. please!", changing the entire meaning of the song.

This would have been better if just recorded simply with guitar, bass, piano and minimal percussion, in an acoustic setting... unlike this over-produced bad karaoke pointless drivel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Completely re-stored my faith in Jann, Nov. 7 2011
Richard J. Stubbs (Saskatoon, SK Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uncover Me 2 (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of Jann since I first heard "Will You Remember Me" back in 1993. Obviously "Living Under June" will forever be Ms. Arden's Sgt. Pepper's but even with 1997's "Happy?" and later releases such as "Blood Red Cherry, her music had a certain appeal. It wasn't until "Love Is The Only Soldier" that I began to lose faith and interest in Jann's cd's....BORING!!! And remember, I'm a fan! A few other Arden cd's have been released since and have in all fairness made little impact. I had heard mixed reviews on Uncover Me (2007)albeit most were favorable and it turned out to be Jann's best selling album in ten years...however, I still had no interest. Then on November 1st, I set my eyes on "Uncover Me 2". I scrolled down the track listing and saw song number seven...."Dreams". My all time favorite Fleetwood Mac song. I was intrigued and purchased the cd. It turns out that "Dreams" is one of my least favorite covers on this album. She really goes for the gold with songs like "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me", "In My Room", "Mr. McLennen"...her only self-penned song on the album, and The Motels tune "Only The Lonely". Best of all is the beautiful and soothing "This Girls In Love With You"....obviously a Burt Bacharach ballad. In short, if you found yourself falling dis-enchanted with Jann's last few endeavours, you will be pleasantly surprised by this collection of interesting choices. I betcha it wont be long before "Living Under June" and "Time For Mercy" are back in your cd player and "Uncover Me 2" is rated in your top favorites.

4.0 out of 5 stars What I'd love to hear her record:, Jan. 5 2012
Christopher Moore (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uncover Me 2 (Audio CD)
I'd love to hear Jann redo Alicia Bridges' song "I Love the Nightlife" as a one-off or maxi single, now that her second album of covers is finished. She could sell it as a fundraiser for Canfar and Amfar, and it would fill the dancefloors!! Her voice is the only one on the planet that would honour Alicia's record!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Jan Arden Uncover me 2, Jan. 2 2012
This review is from: Uncover Me 2 (Audio CD)
I have heard Jan Arden in person. I don't think this recording does her justice. Some of them seem over before they begin. Perhaps this is as if she was really trying to reproduce the whole experience of listening to an old record. I have only listened twice so far while doing other things to destract me so maybe I'll change my mind when I've heard it more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncover Me 2 (Purchased on 12/01/2011) by Jann Arden, Jan. 2 2012
This review is from: Uncover Me 2 (Audio CD)
For me here this was a hard to find product, delivered on time in excellent condition, will use seller again

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Dec 27 2011
Tracy (Calgary, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uncover Me 2 (Audio CD)
Great Cd, happy with purchase. New as described and packaged well for mailing. I would order from this seller again. :)

Uncover Me 2
Uncover Me 2 by Jann Arden (Audio CD - 2011)