Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage summerbaby Kitchen Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Cycling Tools minions

on December 6, 2011
I read many reviews, pre-ordered and received mine on Dec 1st.

I was pleasantly surprised to find an Elantech touchpad. I didn't know they had swapped out the troublesome Sentelic.

Unfortunately, they also swapped out the fast ADATA solid state drive (which was benchmarked in all of the reviews). Mine came with a slower 128 GB Sandisk drive. Very annoyed.

Overall it's a good product, which will undoubtedly be improved in future versions.
on January 23, 2012
I bought this ultrabook for my wife 2-3 wks ago. She mainly uses for word processing for her work. No concerns so far. Works well. Battery life is pretty good at this stage and I would say is above average. The high resolution screen and the solid state drive is worth the slightly higher price than competitors. Would highly recommend this product.
on August 6, 2012
Tried to buy this laptop in Canada, but it was hard to find. Where I did, it was only available with a bilingual keyboard (shortened Shift and Enter keys to make room for French diacritical marks). Luckily, this Amazon model had an English-only keyboard with full-size keys - a must for me as a writer.

As far as the rest goes: super lightweight, awesome battery life. I'm lugging it around Europe every day in my day bag, and never notice the added weight and rarely worry about power - I've gone days without recharging, even with regular use throughout the day. I don't do anything that taxes the i5 even slightly, and the solid-state memory means that it boots from sleep mode by the time I've fully opened the lid.

Screen is large enough to open two documents side-by-side (useful for me as a writer with interview transcripts or source material I'm working from), and bright, with easily changed brightness levels. I can (and regularly do) charge my phone from the USB 3.0 slot. And the touchpad seems to have improved from earlier models - I've had none of the issues some other reviews mention.

All in all, I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase, even at the price. This laptop lives up to its "ultrabook" moniker. It's everything I had hoped for.
on April 6, 2012
This is my first Asus product and I am extremely impressed. I was using a coveted Mac Airbook, but just can justify the heafty price tag, especially if you need office products. I went through all the reviews prior to purchasing, and they were spot on to recommend this Ultrabook!