4.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected components..., Dec 6 2011
This review is from: ASUS Zenbook UX31E-DH52 13.3-Inch Thin and Light Ultrabook Laptop (i5-2557M, 128GB SSD)(Silver Aluminum) (Personal Computers)
I read many reviews, pre-ordered and received mine on Dec 1st.

I was pleasantly surprised to find an Elantech touchpad. I didn't know they had swapped out the troublesome Sentelic.

Unfortunately, they also swapped out the fast ADATA solid state drive (which was benchmarked in all of the reviews). Mine came with a slower 128 GB Sandisk drive. Very annoyed.

Overall it's a good product, which will undoubtedly be improved in future versions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice ultrabook, Jan. 23 2012
I bought this ultrabook for my wife 2-3 wks ago. She mainly uses for word processing for her work. No concerns so far. Works well. Battery life is pretty good at this stage and I would say is above average. The high resolution screen and the solid state drive is worth the slightly higher price than competitors. Would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped for, Aug. 6 2012
Ian Ewing - See all my reviews
Tried to buy this laptop in Canada, but it was hard to find. Where I did, it was only available with a bilingual keyboard (shortened Shift and Enter keys to make room for French diacritical marks). Luckily, this Amazon model had an English-only keyboard with full-size keys - a must for me as a writer.

As far as the rest goes: super lightweight, awesome battery life. I'm lugging it around Europe every day in my day bag, and never notice the added weight and rarely worry about power - I've gone days without recharging, even with regular use throughout the day. I don't do anything that taxes the i5 even slightly, and the solid-state memory means that it boots from sleep mode by the time I've fully opened the lid.

Screen is large enough to open two documents side-by-side (useful for me as a writer with interview transcripts or source material I'm working from), and bright, with easily changed brightness levels. I can (and regularly do) charge my phone from the USB 3.0 slot. And the touchpad seems to have improved from earlier models - I've had none of the issues some other reviews mention.

All in all, I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase, even at the price. This laptop lives up to its "ultrabook" moniker. It's everything I had hoped for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Asus ultrabook, April 6 2012
This is my first Asus product and I am extremely impressed. I was using a coveted Mac Airbook, but just can justify the heafty price tag, especially if you need office products. I went through all the reviews prior to purchasing, and they were spot on to recommend this Ultrabook!

ARRAY(0xb161f39c)