5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says it does
I am an IT professional, so my tech skills are quite a bit above average. I had no problems installing the Ooma, it was plug and play. Instructions say it should be installed before your router. I advise strongly against that, install it as a device after your router. I have no problems working with it, I can even send faxes. I can't speak on its longevity, I have only...
Published 23 months ago by K.A.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT believe the hype!!
Forget it!!
I had better reception with Vonage (DSL). I was switching to save money. Bad choice. I revised my connections with Ooma to improve my telephone reception but in the process, lost my wireless signal quality. All of this "fiddling" I could accept but my REAL problem was my inability to communicate with Ooma. Try and try as I might---all I could get...
Published 8 months ago by Peter Merchant

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it so far. Have not found any drawbacks except having to pay for Android app but not Apple app???, Oct. 15 2013
This review is from: Ooma Telo (Discontinued by Manufacturer) - Free Home Phone Service (VoIP) - Canadian Version (Office Product)
"CR" a noted independent consumer product testing magazine rates Ooma the highest of ALL internet VOIP (voice over internet protocol systems. I agree! Having tried the big one which starts with a V, the one now being advertised C...Wave, and others. V is okay but too expensive in my view. C...Wave leaves out important details of their charges and surprises you with them after you get your credit card statement. Is that any way to do business?

Ooma tells you up front, lets you try it before commiting yourself to a plan, and the sound is great. My number is not ported yet, so I intend to add more after using the Ooma longer but so far am very impressed. At $9.95 a month and no charges for Canadian calls out or in, how does that get better?

New in Canada and new to Android. I rushed to download the Android app because the IOS Apple one is free. But android version, they still want $9.95 to purchase. After paying $9.95 a month, and Apple users can have for free, why am I as an Android user required to pay even a one-time fee for the app?

I would like to be able to phone from my android cell or tablet but on principle I will not pay for an app when I am already paying the company $9.95 per month! In that way Ooma feels cheap.

However they have a great product and I believe they WILL start giving the Android app free sometime soon. I hope! It's only fair!

More later after my number gets ported to Ooma.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ooma customer service is atrocious, Jan. 16 2013
The device itself appears to work well enough but Ooma's customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. I've encountered a problem in the porting process and I'm getting no help from Ooma -- it's been five days now that people can't reach me on my number.

Email Ooma and you get a cut-and-paste reply back, call their support line and the next day you get another generic email reply. I finally got them to agree to escalate the issue to their porting department and two days later... still no reply.

So don't count on getting any customer service if you buy this device. Their VP of Customer Service, Jamie Buckley, should be ashamed of the department he's running.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ooma's not quite as good as I'd hoped, Aug. 7 2014
I signed up due to a recommendation and the other features (2 phone numbers, cheap monthly rates and call blocking of telemarketers). However, it's not living up the it's reputation. People I talk to complain that they can't hear me or I cut out too much when I'm in certain parts of my house. Overall, that's not a good thing. I was also told that I could get some sort of refund from them because of a deal at the time, but I didn't get anything. So, I'm stuck with this at least for the time being (need to get my money's worth for the unit).

I don't know why this unit (it's nicely designed though) it's being discontinued in Canada—this is the first that I've heard. It better not be the service that's being discontinued. I also like the way you can check your calls from your email, that's a nice feature.

If I had better sound (no cutting out), I'd give it a 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars OOMA TELO Canadian Version, May 19 2014
Dianne Difabio "lady di" (canada) - See all my reviews
Vewry easy to set up! I am not at all tech savvy but at 66 I did it all myself .There are ample helps on line which answer most questions Very kind and helpful people on their chat line. You can easily see your account at ant time .Voice very clear when talking on phone~~~

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed with Features and Quality, June 6 2014
Awesome phone service with great features and crystal clear voice quality at a very reasonable price rate.
Not to forget the great customer service and the constant email communications and update.
I highly recommend it for everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent option to typical phone company BS, Dec 7 2013
Was told by a friend, ands its worth it! We are in Niagara Falls and it costs about $12 a month with Ontario taxes included. The unit and porting (fee to keep your old number) cost just under $200 but even with those up front costs its a smart move. I have ADT alarm system and even though ADT won't support OOMA Telleo works well with it, as long as you switch the dial tone to "alarm" mode (simulates standard dial tone). We are also had a cogeco Home phone but Ooma is still cheaper. Call quality is ok, generally is great but can be a bit choppy based on internet load/signal quality. We only have the cogeco lite internet (cheapest & lowest package).
Overall totally worth it!

3.0 out of 5 stars drops calls sporratically, May 19 2014
nice working system, but drops in the middle of calls for no apparent reason, support said they reset but problem still occurs, better than payin bell for long distance tho

5.0 out of 5 stars Big $$$ Saver and Great Features, Nov. 28 2012
I have always been hesitant to buy into VOIP phone solutions. Companies like Vonage are supposed to offer good service, but their prices are high and high prices defeat the main reason for switching to VOIP in the first place. Other companies, like Magic Jack, seem like two bit operations with poor quality service and could easily fold over night leaving you stranded without a home phone. When I heard about Ooma and read the positive reviews people were writing about it, I decided to give it a try and I have not regretted this decision since we signed up for the service three months ago. Ooma was a big factor in allowing us to 'cut the cord' on the traditional phone, internet, and tv services we used to pay over $140 a month for. The money that we are saving with Ooma (and an internet based TV solution called PlayOn) is significant and some of the features it offers, like call forwarding, personal black lists, and a web based management dashboard have transformed how we use our home phone. There is still more work for Ooma to do on the feature front (such as integration with Google Contacts), but I give it 5 stars overall for the significant money you can save by using it and for great features that previously weren't available for home phone service.

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works, Dec 26 2011
D. Watkins (Springfield, OH) - See all my reviews
We have several friends with Magic Jack and Vonage, and with the exception of the price of monthly service, they complain about the service, having to use the computer (what happens when it crashes), voice quality, calls getting cut off, etc. The Ooma just works. It's as reliable as your high speed internet service (which is what it uses), and it doesn't appear to slow down the computers, even when making phone calls. The quality is better than with hard phone lines. We are sold. Vonage = $29.95 / month x 12 months = $350. Ooma = $3.50 / mo X 12 months = $42.00 plus the original $250 for equipment and you're still ahead at the end of the first year. And only $9.95 per month to add a second line along with premium services that area actually worth it. The call screening is wonderful. We love never having to hear telemarketers call. Just follow the directions when you install it (6 pages, big pictures and big text), sign up, select your options, and start talking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best decision I have ever made!, Jan. 16 2015
Best decision I have ever made. Upgraded our internet to fiber running 10mbs down and 3mbs up. The calls are clear as a bell. Great features and all for less than $4 a month. We had this Ooma now for a year and aren't looking back. We cut our phone bill down by $60 per month. A great investment for anyone looking for a home phone without the cost. Our only problem is once in a blue moon we would get a bad connection. We would simply hang up and call back.

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›