1.0 out of 5 stars This is garbage and a waste of your money, April 1 2012
This review is from: Quickbooks Easystart 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
I purchased this because I am not a trained book keeper but needed to do my books as my business has grown quite large. I found out afterwards that this is only for cash based businesses and not for accrual purposes. I had spoken with two very knowledgeable agents who said they had tried to get the company to trash it as its useless and is very restrictive. If you are standing on a street corner selling peanuts this is the software for you but if you have capital assets, need to do invoicing..etc... forget it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT purchase this product, Feb. 14 2013
This review is from: Quickbooks Easystart 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
I have been a Quickbooks user for years. I purchased this product because I was told I could no longer download QB account updates without it. However, it turns out that it is NOT possible to import an existing Quickbooks data file into this product. So, unless you have no company history or have never used any electronic accounting package before, this product is useless.

The back of the box guarantees a 60 day full refund. This is NOT honoured. You will not get your money back. If you try to sell it privately (via Kijiji or Craigslist) the new owner will have to go through a huge hassle to transfer the license. The customer support is ridiculous, based in Asia, and not helpful in any way.

Stay clear!

1.0 out of 5 stars I could tell this was the beginning of a terrible relationship., June 1 2012
This review is from: Quickbooks Easystart 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
I run a very basic small business, no employees, selling a service, using PayPal as my payment processor. I thought getting Quickbooks Easystart would be sufficient for my very basic needs.

I started with the 30-day trial. I ran into a small bump, in that I could import my PayPal transactions into Quickbooks. The help available from the Intuit community gave instructions that simply said you could import these into "Quickbooks," not specifying whether that would be Quickbooks Pro, Easystart, or whatever.

Since I had planned to purchase the software anyway, I went ahead and paid for Easystart and upgraded my trial version to the paid version.

Problems started right away. The program crashed after upgrading, and no application shortcuts were installed on my computer. I had to hunt around in Program Files folder to find the correct Intuit application (there were more than a dozen in the folder) to start Quickbooks.

When it started, it still didn't have full functionality. A pop-up screen informs me I need to register the software, which requires phoning a toll-free number (instead of simply emailing me the license number to input myself.) Luckily, I'm doing this during business hours, so I phone up. I'm on hold for a while. Then I get the agent, whose speech I can barely understand. I don't care WHERE a company wants to choose to host their call centre, as long as the agents are intelligible.

After giving him my name, address, phone number, etc., he starts to ask me several complicated questions about what features I need and how I run my business. The language barrier is making it difficult to understand and answer these questions. Finally I realize he is trying to upsell me to Quickbooks Pro. I tell him that I run a very basic business and will upgrade in the future if necessary - but I also say that the ONE FEATURE I NEED is to be able to import PayPal transactions. To this he says nothing, and proceeds with registering and activating my Easystart version.

Once we're finished, I reopen the now-registered program. I still can't use the function I had just paid $75 for - importing transactions from PayPal (or even Excel.) Hunting around a bit more, I find out that you need Quickbooks PRO to do this function. If I had known this from the very beginning, either I would have paid for Pro from the outset, just to get it done, or I would have moved onto something else. Instead, I am caught in this farce, which has wasted me a good three hours.

Now I want a refund, and in order to do that, you have to PRINT OUT A FORM, fill it in, and either fax or scan and email back to them. And it will take 4-6 weeks to get your money back.

The last big $@#$ you from Intuit Quickbooks.

All around, an awful experience. I could continue to throw good money after bad, but I have a feeling that this past three hours is the red flag of a terrible relationship to come. I'm getting out.

I'm trying Outright.

Quickbooks Easystart 2012 Win
Quickbooks Easystart 2012 Win by Intuit (No Operating System)
Out of stock