Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on November 3, 2012
Heavy Rain has attracted both large amounts of praise and criticism. Some would call it an entirely new video game experience, others that it is little more than a long series of quick time events. I for one, would place it in the former category.

Blending together four different memorable characters, that game tells a story of the elusive and mysterious Origami Killer. A more polished version of Indigo Prophecy (one of Quantic Dream's earlier forays into game design), it provide stronger voice acting, and a more engaging story overall. Perhaps most of all, the mood is reminiscent of films such as Se7en; it is realistic, gritty, and is full of atypical protagonists. Choice can have dire consequences down the line, and no character is safe from dying. There are some issues: there are a few elements of the story that don't come together perfectly, and some characters seem to add more to the story than others.

Nevertheless, the game stands out as truly unique in an industry that frequently is dominated by First Person Shooters. I would heartily recommend it; while replay value can be somewhat limited, the first play through is truly engaging. I was unable to put it down, and finished the game in just one sitting. While not for everyone, I would suggest to any gamer, or anyone even considering getting into games, as it represents something new and exciting.
on October 17, 2012
I am a grown person who recently bought a PS3 on a whim, having not played video games since I had my original Nintendo. This game made for a great introduction to 21st century gaming! I was impressed with lots of things many people probably take for granted, like the amazing graphics compared to way back when, but what was most impressive was the way the game and the storyline unfolded. You get to play a bunch of different characters, and you get to decide how they're going to approach and react to different situations, and the story unfolds from there. Sure, you can replay scenes if you make a mistake or want to do something different....or you can play it through, see what happens.....and then play it again. I decided the first round through just to play it out, and I'm glad I did...and then as soon as I was finished I went right back to do it all over again, noticing different things and making different choices. It was very cool to see what unfolded differently as a result.

All in all, this game has been a lot of fun so far. The first two times through I had a hard time putting it down. Now having played the story twice I am ready to put it on the shelf for awhile, and I look forward to playing it again down the road.
on May 17, 2013
Never played any game like it, and wish i would have owned it sooner, the interactive play is not matched by any other for a console game. Your decisions, your fate your future, i am almost stunned for words, aside from the slow start in your apartment as an architect (tutorial time),a few repeat back ground sequences, fun to play and now i know why its a greatest hit. Cant wait for the next one. Two Souls.
on April 10, 2013
Had the game delivered as i ordered and on time. Heavy Rain Director's Cut This game is a wonderful experience that challenges you and tempts your emotions. You will want to push forward as the plot progresses into a even more deeper story, this game will make you crave for more, and when you are not playing, you'll be thinking of it, you'll be thinking of characters and weather you made the right choices. Its very emotional strong story line and a very different game play to what most people are used to. I recommend it anyone and every one who wants truly be part of an interesting beautiful story and game play.
A Unique vision of director David Cage. 10/10
on August 2, 2014
This replaced fallout 3 as my all time favourite video game. Every single choice you make, or don't, results in a different story and ending, however you will learn nearly all of the story at the end of the game so don't worry about missing anything important in the plot. tons of replayability as there are 17 different endings, I've personally played the game from start to finish about 23 times to go back and see and do everything in the game. Amazing plot, amazing game play, the only fault is there are a few weird glitches sometimes and the voice acting isn't fantastic, but this takes nothing away from such a masterpiece of a game.
on May 13, 2013
I just played through this game 3 separate times and loved every minute of it.
My only complaint with the game is the voice acting. Otherwise it's an incredible experience.
on January 19, 2014
Awesome game!

This game is unique in that it resembles a movie more than a typical video game. I liked this experience since I usually play games for the story more than anything else. The story was amazing; however, it does start a little slow. The game didn't last too long...maybe about 6 hours-ish, but I actually prefer relatively short games since I don't have a lot of free time.

One minor hiccup was that the game froze at one point requiring me to restart my PS3. No big deal as it only happened once.
on February 8, 2013
I had heard a lot about this game, so I had fairly high expectations for it. Even with that, it completely blew my expectations out of the water. This game is utterly fantastic. The characters are great, the gameplay is fun, the story is solid, and the choices you make really make a big difference in the long run. This is a game you don't want to put the controller down in the middle of. The DLC is alright, though short, and much easier to achieve the endings in than the game proper.
on December 30, 2013
I can see why this game garners both love and hate. It's a narrative driven experience that pits you against the serial killer, The Origami Killer. I rather enjoyed the story but found myself aggravated with the control mechanics. Not that they're bad, just overly simple. If I owned the Move, I might have a different experience.
Overall: If you want a memorable gaming experience for a low price, this is the game for you.
on April 30, 2013
I can't say how nervous the challenges within Heavy Rain made me feel. It wasn't the difficulty level as the quick time challenges are intuitive and very well balanced. It was more in anticipation of what the 'serial killer' would have me do next, and whether I would be willing to do it, even in a game environment. This game really is something truly special, and should be enjoyed by as many people as possible.