4.0 out of 5 stars 71" Cat Scratch Tree

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't pay full price for it
Published 10 months ago by Pen Name

4.0 out of 5 stars 71" Cat Scratch Tree, Dec 2 2011
This review is from: HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture
Great product - all my cats love it, especially the Bengal kitten for whom it was purchased. Worth every cent! My only gripe was that several of the flat boards were cracked when I unpacked the box. I considered sending it back, but because it was such a large box and had to be shipped rather than mailed, I decided I would just put up with it since the boards wouldn't actually break in half due to their positioning in the completed cat tree, and because the boards are covered, there is some protection. I guess that's what comes from using poor quality particle board for building such items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cat tree!, Jan. 31 2013
This review is from: HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture
We live in nunavut with 3 indoor cats and really wanted a cat tree. The issue was, no one would ship to us. This company helped us out by offering to ship for an additional fee which we gladly paid (nothing comes cheap in the north!). The cats LOVE this tree! They couldn't wait to play and, in fact, they were climbing on it even before we had it all put together. It is made cheaper (light particle board and soft material rahter than plywood and carpet) than some other trees out there but I would have paid 3 times the price. I am very happy with the product for the price we paid and I would recommend this tree to any cat lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this tree!, Aug. 28 2012
This review is from: HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture
Big, beautiful and my cats love it. What a large but stylish catt tree! My cats love to play with all the dangly toys and they love the boxes to hide in too! Great product for a great price. Assembly was a breeze. I have an 18 lb cat and he's able to play all over it no problem. Great tree! Very fast shipping! Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars My cats love it!!, Dec 2 2011
This review is from: HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture
The cat tree is fantastic! My two cats (both 9 years old and about 15 lbs each) love it. It's a little wobbly when they jump up and down from it, but otherwise, it's great. I'd recommend setting it in a corner (we have it in the open near the window so the cats can look out). My one cat sleeps in it all the time, and the other really loves the scratch posts. And they both play with the hanging toy mice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't pay full price for it, Aug. 29 2013
This review is from: HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture
I bought this product when it was about 80$ and i'm honestly happy I didn't paid more. I received the product in a giant (and very heavy) box. It's pretty easy to put together by yourself, but for some step having extra hands will make it easier. Unfortunatly, once done, you can see the structure isn't as straight as the picture. The worst is the two longest tube at the bottom of it, they almost have a v shape. However, it's still able to support two adults cats (3 and 4kg) even with them fighting in it.

The material use for covering it is soft and the cats love it and they both enjoy the two little house. The rope for the mice is pretty weak. My cats manage to destroy than all withing 3 hours...

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat scratch Tree, Sept. 23 2012
This review is from: HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture
This tree is simple to put togerher. The cats enjoy the size and have made it their new home base.

Unforutunately, one perch was broken upon arrival. We were given the offer of waiting for a part to come from China which we doubted would get here, or a discount. I took the discount and we have done a glue kind of fix and are hoping for the best

5.0 out of 5 stars Active cat waited about 3 seconds before having a ton of fun., Oct. 25 2013
This review is from: HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture
We have 2 cats, a lazy one and a VERY active one. The lazy one occasionally enjoys sleeping in the lower house. The active one, or as some have described him as down right crazy, absolutely loves the upper levels. To burn off some energy he climbs and plays with the mice that are hanging (this reduces the midnight crazies by quite a bit).

I gave this a 5 star rating because it was inexpensive compared to local pet stores (more than 50% off) and it arrived very quickly. Also free shipping was a bonus. Something to note is that the carpet is a little thin, not at all as thick as regular carpet or higher end cat trees. But that being said my cats don't bother scratching the carpet when there's the many rope covered poles. This tree appears to be untippable, as my cat made a valiant effort to jump from the highest level to a nearby shelf containing many framed photos. He did in fact make the jump and the tree barely wobbled. After he landed he was unable to turn around and jump back (an exit strategy was not planned) he freaked the F out and pushed some photos out of the way.... these photos came crashing down in a glorious shower of broken glass as the hit the furniture below. Don't keep this tree next to anything such as a shelf.

In closing, it's fantastic, they love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value - Huge Cat Tree, May 16 2013
This review is from: HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture
This is an awesome value for such a large cat tree, in the stores something of the same size was going for $350+. The material used in production was the same as my old cat tree which lasted 2.5 years. My cat's love the height and the boxes so in my mind it was a great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars best $ spent!!, Feb. 21 2013
This review is from: HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture
My cat loves his new castle!! he loves showing off and climbing up the sisal-rope posts with speed and accuracy !! I catch him all the time napping on one of the top levels. Easy to put together and neutral in colour. Beats the nearly 300$ i woul've spent in any pet shop! Happy indoor cat, happy family.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats love this tree!, Sept. 25 2012
This review is from: HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture
Great product! I able to have it fully assembled and set up by the window in the cat's room within 10 minutes and with minimal effort. The cats all love it, especially the hanging mice. I was very pleased that the mice are on there so sturdily, as the elastic strings on most cat trees just do not hold up to regular play for long.

HomCom 71" Cat scratch tree Post Pet house Condo Furniture