5.0 out of 5 stars Disney DVD Buyers BEWARE!!!
Published on Nov. 7 2002 by alex_jones74

2.0 out of 5 stars Inexcusable lack of extras, while the pricing remains high
The movie's great. The lack of stars refers to the current Disney administration's poor presentation of their titles on DVD (no doubt because they're going to release them AGAIN down the road with extras and try to charge their customers AGAIN. What villains!
Published on Nov. 23 1999 by PatrickO

2.0 out of 5 stars Inexcusable lack of extras, while the pricing remains high, Nov. 23 1999
PatrickO "Patrick" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lady and the Tramp (DVD)
According to a review at dvdfile.com, this classic as actually filmed in two aspect ratios. Disney did not bother to include both on this DVD. Here's a sample from the dvdfile review:
"A word to the folks at Disney: by keeping prices high and features down, you're helping to alienate even your staunchest supporters, of which I used to be one. Unfortunately, not recommended."

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney DVD Buyers BEWARE!!!, Nov. 7 2002
This review is from: Lady and the Tramp (DVD)
First of all, I would like to warn DVD buyers out there. There are many unlicensed copies of Lady & The Tramp as with many other Disney Videos. Most sellers of These Videos will use Phrases Such as, "All region," "Import," "Imported," "Will Play In All VCR's," "Does not have original case or artwork" "Does not have insert," "No Chapter index," etc. These Are not official US releases, Nore are they Official Disney Releases! They may be much cheaper, but The quality is not the same! You get What you Pay for!
With that out of the way, I would also like to say that I love the Movie. It has been one of my favorites since I was a young boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, Feb. 20 2012
Lots of family fun with excitement, humour, and romance that won't have the kids squirming - basically everything you'd expect from a classic Disney film. One of my favourite parts of this movie is the background animation, which comes through beautifully in this blu-ray version (check out the grain, patina and lighting on some of the wooden objects in the house).

5.0 out of 5 stars "Puppy Love" at its finest!, April 13 2002
C. Tolley "Chris Tolley" (hampton, tn United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lady and the Tramp (DVD)
This is one of the Disney Studios finest efforts. This film was something of a stretch for the studio, as the story was set in a more modern time period. As you know, they needn't have worried. This has proven to be one of the more enduring classics they produced, and it's so very easy to see why. The story is simple, yet effective. Lady is the family pet of a victorian-era husband and wife, who has to deal with the addition of a new baby into her home. As this unfolds, she encounters the Tramp, a mutt from the wrong side of the tracks, and they begin a courtship.Lady's owners take a small vacation, and an aunt watches over the household, bringing with her two siamese cats, and a lot of problems, for Lady. After escaping the house and the mis-understanding aunt for a while, Lady is caught by a dog-catcher and spends time behind bars in the pound. At this point we're presented one of Disney's best songs, He's A Tramp, sung by Peggy Lee. Now, I really don't want to go into detail after this, because I hate to give a movie's ending and twists away. I think one should experience the film's story oneself, and enjoy it as it unfolds. Sorry, but I'll go no further than this in the plot run-down, but really, this film has it all: wonderful songs, wonderful voice-acting, and fantastic animation work from the magicians at Disney. The film transfer to DVD is wonderful, with clear, clean sound coming from all speakers in my sound system. Get this film and enjoy a little slice of Disney heaven!

5.0 out of 5 stars How could I NOT give it 5 stars?, June 23 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Lady and the Tramp (DVD)
Lady and the Tramp is simply my all-time favorite Disney film! In my opinion, it is a 5 star masterpiece, and I would give it more if I could! I remember when I was just four years old, watching the characters Lady, Tramp, Jock, Trusty, and the Siamese Cats light up my eyes, as well as my TV screen, as very few films have done for me before or since. The music and songs are especially enjoyable, especially "Bella Notte" and "He's a Tramp." And the thrilling climax, which I won't spoil for the people who have yet to see it, ranks with the climaxes of "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Lion King." I remember having to wait almost a decade for Disney to re-release this classic so that I could replace my old worn-out copy. Now that I have it on both VHS and DVD, and both editions are in widescreen, I can enjoy it for years to come as I never thought I'd be able to! Your kids will love it, and so will anyone who's still young at heart. Buy it today! Don't make the same mistake I did over 10 years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars How could I NOT give it 5 stars?, June 18 2000
This review is from: Lady and the Tramp (DVD)
Simply speaking, Lady and the Tramp is my favorite Disney film of all time! In my opinion, it is a 5 star masterpiece, and I would give it more if I could! I remember when I was just 4 years old, watching the characters Lady, Tramp, Jock, Trusty, and the Siamese Cats light up my eyes, as well as my TV screen, as no other movie (except maybe Pete's Dragon or Superman) has done for me before or since. The music and songs are especially enjoyable, especially "Bella Notte." And the thrilling climax (which I won't spoil for the peope who have yet to see it) ranks with the "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Lion King" climaxes! I remember having to wait almost a decade for Disney to re-release this classic on video so that I could replace my worn-out taped version. Now that I have it on both VHS and DVD, and both editions are in widescreen, I can enjoy it for years to come as I never thought I'd be able to! Your kids will love it, and so will anyone who's still young at heart! Buy it on DVD today! Don't make the same mistake I did over 10 years ago! (And don't let the lack of special features stop you, either!)

5.0 out of 5 stars How could I NOT give it 5 stars?, June 18 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Dazzling movie which touches the heart, May 6 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Lady and the Tramp (DVD)
If you're looking for a movie which will touch your heart, this one should be at the top of your list. The dinner that lady has with the tramp at Tony's (remember Tramp sharing, and that great song?) may bring tears of joy to your eyes. Yes, the price is high, but this is a movie you can watch again and again because of the wonderful characters, the great songs, and the beautiful animation. Also, Disney has done an incredible frame by frame digital restoration of the entire movie and soundtrack. This is an extremely expensive and time-consuming process, which is why only a few Disney animated classics have had this kind of attention lavished on them (and why apparently no other movie studio seems to attempt anything like it with their older films). What the restoration means for a DVD owner is that the movie looks and sounds almost exactly as it did if you had walked into a movie theater the day it premiered in 1955. There is not a single distracting scratch on any frame of the film, not is there a single pop of static in the sound. For some movies, perhaps, that might not make a big difference, but for a classic as great as Lady and the Tramp, it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 9 2001
"sannabelle" (kanata, ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lady and the Tramp (DVD)
This has got to be one of the best movies I've ever seen. It offers an enjoyable plot and lovable characters. One can't help but love Tramp, the streetsmart,charming scoundrel that he is. And Lady is adorable as a puppy, though she looses some of that charm throughout the movie. Jock and Trusty are a laugh, and you love to hate Aunt Sarah and her two cats, Si & Am. Did you know Si and Am were originaly named Nip and Tuck? Even the songs are good. Bella Notte is a lovely song, and Hes A Tramp is fairly enjoyable as well. 'Lalalu' is fairly annoying, however. Good thing it doesn't play very long. And the song at the begging isn't a real crowd pleaser either. We Are Siamese is okay... Alas - who can write a rewiew for the most romantic animated movie ever without mentioning the *gasp* Spaghetti Scene. That scene is FANTASTIC. Romantic, sweet, adorable, cute...genius. I loved it. This movie is a DEFENITE must-see. A real crowd please to the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Charming!, June 4 2001
Kris (Rhode Island) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lady and the Tramp (DVD)
WOW! This is a TIMELESS movie if there ever was one! If you want to see a classic, beautifully animated, charming, entertaining, and HILARIOUS movie, see this one! One of the few disney movies, next to teh fox and the hound, which integrates the animal and the human worlds together. You have to love when "Darling" is pregnant and wants "Jim Dear" to run out in the rain for some watermelon...and chop suey. Stuff like that makes this movie timeless. I found it much funnier now than when i was a small child...i probably didn't even get the jokes back then...so all you people who think you are too old for disney movies, this one will prove that wrong. A beautiful story, with surprisingly well-developed characters (after all, they are mostly dogs, among other animals in true disney tradition...) and the setting is very true to the Victorian era. Loveable as all get-out!

Lady and the Tramp (Diamond Edition) (DVD + Blu-ray) (Bilingual)
CDN$ 61.57