Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Format: DVDChange

on November 26, 2011
I saw this film and wished that I and my husband had been able to see it before our children were grown. I have purchased it for each of my children -- not just fabulous for fathers to see but also for Moms as well. This is well acted, every film this group does seems to improve on the last one. Especially for fathers of daughters for one scene in the movie, but for fathers who are separated or divorced, fathers who are with their families still, it contains so much wonderful wisdom in a believable and thought-provoking but endearing story. Can't wait to own it on DVD. It's keeper!
on January 24, 2012
Over the last few months people have been raving about the movie Courageous, and I am one of them! This movie is changing families, marriages, men and women around the world. What "Fireproof" did for marriages, Courageous is doing for men!

I cannot say enough good about it! There is plenty of action, comedy (the Snake Kings scene was priceless) and a little something for everyone. Although a family movie, because of scenes involving gang violence and drugs, I would recommend that younger children do not watch but that said, it is a movie that will definitely spur on some amazing family discussions to be sure. I often find that Christian movies tend to come off as cheesy and forced, but this was not one of those. Christian film making has come a long way! The story lines in the movie were great and everyone can relate with the many different characters. It was refreshing to see that despite differences in life experiences the men in this movie came together for the good of their families and did what needed to be done. This movie will definitely make fathers evaluate their lives and make some important changes! A perfect tool for churches, men's ministrys and marriage ministries for sure.

On January 17, 2012 the movie was released on DVD, with a Collector's Edition that includes over two hours of extras! I have had a blast viewing these, and its been great to learn how the movie came to be, laugh until I cried at the outtakes and bloopers and learn how to pray more effectively for the men in my life. You can purchase the movie at your favorite Christian bookseller in your area.
on January 22, 2012
This movie will touch anyone. "Anyone" means, people who will have children, who have children, who have been a child themselves or, all of the above. It will touch you on many levels. A real tearjerker: both me and my husband were crying like babies in many parts of the film. It touches to the core. I rented this off of our cable station, never heard of it before, never knew what to expect. Not a Hollywood production, meaning, there is meaningful acting and an actual story. A refreshing change. After I rented it, I bought 4 copies: one to save for my kid later, and 3 others to give to family members. Highly recommend!
on January 17, 2012
This movie is absolutely great!!!! Priceless, you will laugh, cry, be scarred, be in all of your states, the quality of a great movie. This touching and remarkable movie is truly of holywood quality but of great quality also in sense of morals, values, debt of story. You cannot watch this movie without thinking, bring your kleenex box. Even though it is clean, there is serious material though, for older kids and adults.
on February 12, 2012
Courageous - great title and story line that has a lesson for everyone and will make you laugh and cry - covers the extremely important subject of fatherhood, leading the family and being there for your children. It is all about choice and we need God to help us be the best that we can be. Full of excitement, action, hope and commitment - grab your older children and enjoy this film, which will really make you think whether you are seizing the opportunity to make a difference in your child's life. Don't put things off, when your child asks something of you whether to dance or run miles, be sure to drop everything and do it for they grow so fast and, sadly, some day will stop asking.

Some scenes may not be appropriate for very young children - some violence and drug content although I did not find it horrific or graphic like the Hollywood films we see today - no sexual content or foul language, which is nice.
on May 4, 2012
Friends of mine had recommended this movie and I'm so glad they did! What a beautiful and powerful message :) For those who enjoyed the movie, Fireproof this is another one to add to your collection :) Another quality production from the Kendrick brothers!
on February 20, 2012
Finally. A movie with substance and meaning. After so much drivel that comes from Hollywood, finally a movie that builds up your soul and promotes the value of the family. Whether you are a Christian or not, this movie challenges anyone who is a dad or mom to really look at their values and what they put their time and energy into. If only every parent could see this movie! Families today need this kind of "meat" and parents need this to be honest with themselves that how they live and love effects their children forever. Just a word of warning, I recommend watching this movie alone because you won't cry - you'll be sobbing - and many times. Thanks to all those who created this wonderful gem of a movie!
on June 1, 2013
This was an amazing movie! It had plenty of action, comedy and drama to keep everyone on the edge of their seats, laughing til they cry, and feeling connected to the characters. Each of the main characters has lots of depth and they are all equally different and interesting. I never wanted this movie to end! This is a great movie especially for dads because it makes you look critically at your life. This movie really inspired me and left me feeling great. It boosted my mood so much that I was still smiling the day after I watched it. The ending tied all the loose ends and I just couldn't stop talking about it. A must-watch. And watch again. And again.
on March 22, 2012
We have enjoyed this particular movie on five occasions. We love the content, and the realism it shows in same. We can highly recommend this, movie called courageous especially if you go through a difficult part in your life. What we really liked, is that in the movie, that it isnt just white Americans who play in it, but also African Americans and Hispanics. We also enjoy the sense of humor in the movie.
Pearl and Dick Alting
on May 8, 2012
This movie is a fantastic one for all fathers, regardless of age. It outlines quite clearly what fathers need to do to raise their children towards adulthood in a manner that will most likely bring forth a loving caring compassionate individual. The film is very well crafted and the acting is superb. A must see for Christians of all faiths.