4.0 out of 5 stars Generally good.
And good personal financial product. Didn't see any big improvement from old version. Good to have.

Con: no direct download from bank sites. Have to log to each bank one by one. Mint.com is more convenient.
Published 17 months ago by Jazz Joe

1.0 out of 5 stars Really bad
Published on Feb. 15 2012 by tjohn

1.0 out of 5 stars Really bad, Feb. 15 2012
This review is from: Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
I've used Quicken for over 10 years now and I can say that this is one of the worst versions ever. The Canadian version has many technical problems that I believe they have fixed in the US version. The program is extremely slow and the budgeting module is really awkward. Worse yet the budgeting selection process has a technical problem that pretty well renders it useless.
Too bad. The 2011 product was a pleasure to work with.

1.0 out of 5 stars dreadful program & support, May 12 2012
This review is from: Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
I have used Quicken since 2002. I have updated over the years. Recently I had a problem with transfering between accounts. I wrote support and was advised they wouldn't support an older version (2007). So I updated to 2012. And the problem transferred from the old version to the new. Wrote again and after many emails, they finally figured out I was a Canadian. They would no longer help me and if I wanted help I was to phone in, for a very low fee, I could obtain support. So be wary - they are NOT interested in providing support to Canadian versions, UNLESS, of course, you want to pay for the calls.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a big change from 2010, Jan. 31 2012
This review is from: Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
Just purchased Quicken 2012 thinking it would be better than 2010. Well I was wrong. They moved things around but no real enhancements as such and incredibly slow to react and I have the latest in computer technology. Good thing i did not pay the full price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Time limited functionality, April 10 2012
This review is from: Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
It appears to be Intuit's policy to remove functionality out of their program after 2 years or so (a time period that may change at their discretion) so that it no longer updates daily stock prices or download bank account info, for example. Check out their licence agreement. We think their customer service is fairly poor. According to their own technicians, a lot of the software is obsolete and undocumented which makes it hard for them to improve the actual nuts and bolts or fix problems when things go awry - so they make minor cosmetic improvements with potentially lots of bugs. Unfortunately I've been unable to find a satisfactory competitor although I continue to look

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst financial product, Aug. 4 2012
This review is from: Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
When you buy Quicken, please realize that:
1) After 2 to 3 years, you can no longer import any stock/mutual fund updates (which is reasonable, since those update cost money).
2) After 3 years, you can no longer download financial statements form your bank, which is outrageous.
Banks have to pay money to support the intuit server which they will redirect the cost on to you. They also have to pay more if they want to allow mac users to download the statements.
You will get an error:
"quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download"
You will get this error if you are on Mac (even the most updated version) or using an older version on PC.
Your copy of quicken will be completely useless after 3 years, so essentially, you have to pay them every year or two.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Money has stopped and there is little alternatives (MoneyDance, MoneyGnu seems to be the best alternative)

This is what happened when you allow a company to gain monopoly on one particular sector.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product Was Good - Service was BAD!, Jan. 10 2012
Franco Tortora (Delta, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
Just updated our Quicken after 5 years. There were a number of changes. Set up was definately more user friendly and we are glad we updated except our impression was clouded by our disappointment in the purchase process.

Quite disappointed that there was no price protection on this purchase. Bought it and one week after it arrived we received notifcation from Quicken (with Amazon noted in the ad) that the price had dropped by $60 - unable to get any satisfaction from my complaints. Make sure you purchase this product from a company that offers price protection as the price fluctuates dramatically!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally good., Nov. 12 2012
Jazz Joe "3 books a year" (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win (CD-ROM)

5.0 out of 5 stars from the dinosaur age to the 21st century with Quicken, March 9 2012
This review is from: Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
I like this program very much and would have bought it sooner - problem was, I was using a very old program, Quicken 6 for windows which needed floppy disk back ups and wasn't upgradeable to any newer Quicken bookkeeping systems. It was also impossible to transfer files between computers any more. (I'd used Quicken 6 since about 1995 and it was becoming overloaded with data). Last December 31st I decided to take the plunge and I shut down the old program and carried forward all the balances into January 1, 2012. I love the new Quicken. It feels very familiar - keeps the same concepts and terminology - backs up easily to flash drives and CD's - and I love the ease of bank transaction downloads now! I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - But Not Much Improvement, Sept. 8 2013
This review is from: Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
I have been using Quicken since version 6. I have updated my Quicken software over the years and Quicken 2012 is pretty much the same product since version 2001. The only problem is that after two years, I won't be able to download my mutual funds and stock prices.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a relief!, July 26 2012
This review is from: Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win (CD-ROM)
I used Quicken years ago to manage my personal finances and then switched to Microsoft Money. After more than 15 years of using Money to manage my finances, I was somewhat nervous about moving back to Quicken when I had to buy a new computer and found that Money was no longer supported.

So, taking a deep breath, I took the plunge. Quicken not only converted all my Money files but I was able to easily and intuitively start using it right away and I even enjoyed some of the features that Quicken offered that Money did not (instant updating from my bank accounts). I'm still in the process of learning all the feature being offered but am so happy that I still have software to manage my finances.

Quiken rocks!

ARRAY(0xacac266c)

Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win
Quicken Home & Business 2012 Win by International Focus Press (No Operating System)
Out of stock