Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on February 15, 2012
I've used Quicken for over 10 years now and I can say that this is one of the worst versions ever. The Canadian version has many technical problems that I believe they have fixed in the US version. The program is extremely slow and the budgeting module is really awkward. Worse yet the budgeting selection process has a technical problem that pretty well renders it useless.
Too bad. The 2011 product was a pleasure to work with.
on May 12, 2012
I have used Quicken since 2002. I have updated over the years. Recently I had a problem with transfering between accounts. I wrote support and was advised they wouldn't support an older version (2007). So I updated to 2012. And the problem transferred from the old version to the new. Wrote again and after many emails, they finally figured out I was a Canadian. They would no longer help me and if I wanted help I was to phone in, for a very low fee, I could obtain support. So be wary - they are NOT interested in providing support to Canadian versions, UNLESS, of course, you want to pay for the calls.
on January 31, 2012
Just purchased Quicken 2012 thinking it would be better than 2010. Well I was wrong. They moved things around but no real enhancements as such and incredibly slow to react and I have the latest in computer technology. Good thing i did not pay the full price.
on August 4, 2012
When you buy Quicken, please realize that:
1) After 2 to 3 years, you can no longer import any stock/mutual fund updates (which is reasonable, since those update cost money).
2) After 3 years, you can no longer download financial statements form your bank, which is outrageous.
Banks have to pay money to support the intuit server which they will redirect the cost on to you. They also have to pay more if they want to allow mac users to download the statements.
You will get an error:
"quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download"
You will get this error if you are on Mac (even the most updated version) or using an older version on PC.
Your copy of quicken will be completely useless after 3 years, so essentially, you have to pay them every year or two.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Money has stopped and there is little alternatives (MoneyDance, MoneyGnu seems to be the best alternative)

This is what happened when you allow a company to gain monopoly on one particular sector.