march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Blu-ray|Change
Price:$19.15+ $3.49 shipping

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on June 28, 2002
First off, let me say that I love old movies - and I love Hitchcock, especially "Rear Window" and "Vertigo". But this movie simply didn't do anything for me.
As a suspense film, it lacked much suspense. The big revelation by Maxim near the end of the film had very little dramatic impact - and the expository scene with Mrs. DeWinter's doctor, where much of the plot was explained, was dull and felt tacked-on.
As a love story, it lacked chemistry - Maxim was such a boring, obnoxious cad that I couldn't believe anyone would want to marry him. His new wife was a snivelling mouse who allowed everyone to abuse her. And that housekeeper!! Can you say "over the top"?? Anyone besides me wonder why she was even kept as an employee there?? I would think that trying to convince the mistress of the house to committ suicide might be grounds for dismissal!! Every time I saw that housekeeper I kept thinking of Cloris Leachman from "Young Frankenstein".
Which, by the way, was a far superior movie to this one.