One of the most stunningly beautiful to look at films of the last 50 years, made with great wit, and full of strong
observations about loss, aging, and how we lie to ourselves.

But, personally, It doesn't quite rise to the level of `Annie Hall' for me in terms of timelessness or emotional impact.

It's a film I deeply admire, respect, see why...
Published on Feb. 4 2012 by K. Gordon

3.0 out of 5 stars Good disc but maybe some audio issues...
The sound was odd.. extreme volume changes during dialogue made it difficult to follow. I have no problems with other discs so I am not sure why I haven't read any complaints by other reviewers. Maybe the issue is with this copy and my system?
Published 15 months ago by nobody

5.0 out of 5 stars Physically beautiful, wise, if (for me) slightly more emotionally distanced than 'Annie Hall'. Finally available on blu-ray!, Feb. 4 2012
K. Gordon - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Manhattan [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
observations about loss, aging, and how we lie to ourselves.

It's a film I deeply admire, respect, see why others have it on their '10 best of all time' lists, etc. but feel guilty
that I can't unreservedly love. Somehow all the adult characters' self-obsessed narcissism keeps me at arms length.
I identify with moments, but -- unlike 'Annie Hall' - not the whole.

That said, it's strengths are so strong, and it has affected so many so deeply that its any film lover owes themselves
the chance to see. Among other things, Gordon Willis' photography will leave you with
images you'll never forget.

And as nice as the DVD transfer was, the beautiful new blu-ray goes it one better. This film has a depth
and immediacy on blu-ray that rivaled my memories of seeing it for the first time on the big screen. Of
course, as always with Woody, there are still no real extras, but these images are so great, that you
owe yourself the blu-ray version.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good disc but maybe some audio issues..., April 16 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Woody, July 9 2012
This review is from: Manhattan [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Manhattan is my all time favorite Woody Allen movie. It is about a group of New Yorkers and their relationships. This one has an excellent transfer. It is one of the best looking black and white transfers available.

Manhattan [Blu-ray]
Manhattan [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray - 2012)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 14.97