Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

on April 16, 2013
The sound was odd.. extreme volume changes during dialogue made it difficult to follow. I have no problems with other discs so I am not sure why I haven't read any complaints by other reviewers. Maybe the issue is with this copy and my system?
on July 9, 2012
Manhattan is my all time favorite Woody Allen movie. It is about a group of New Yorkers and their relationships. This one has an excellent transfer. It is one of the best looking black and white transfers available.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon February 4, 2012
One of the most stunningly beautiful to look at films of the last 50 years, made with great wit, and full of strong
observations about loss, aging, and how we lie to ourselves.

But, personally, It doesn't quite rise to the level of `Annie Hall' for me in terms of timelessness or emotional impact.

It's a film I deeply admire, respect, see why others have it on their '10 best of all time' lists, etc. but feel guilty
that I can't unreservedly love. Somehow all the adult characters' self-obsessed narcissism keeps me at arms length.
I identify with moments, but -- unlike 'Annie Hall' - not the whole.

That said, it's strengths are so strong, and it has affected so many so deeply that its any film lover owes themselves
the chance to see. Among other things, Gordon Willis' photography will leave you with
images you'll never forget.

And as nice as the DVD transfer was, the beautiful new blu-ray goes it one better. This film has a depth
and immediacy on blu-ray that rivaled my memories of seeing it for the first time on the big screen. Of
course, as always with Woody, there are still no real extras, but these images are so great, that you
owe yourself the blu-ray version.