biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Blu-rayChange

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 1, 2012
I am a fan of ST:TNG, never bought the full series on DVD but have seen a few episodes. The picture quality on this is substantially improved over the DVD version, not grainy in the least. The sound also seems well done though it was really the image quality that I noticed more.

My biggest complaint is that this is still 4:3 aspect ratio. Perhaps that is a limitation due to how it was originally filmed. I do not pretend to understand the process of remastering this to Bluray, but 16:9 would have been a nice touch.

For a teaser it was well done. 3 Episodes total (Encounter at Farpoint part 1 and 2 (first episode), Sins of the Father (Worf) and the one where Picard plays a flute or something). Based on this sample disc, I could see myself taking the plunge and purchasing the complete set when it is released to Bluray.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2013
I don't know if I only watched TNG on a crappy old TV but The Next Level on my big tv with surround sound is worth the cost by itself. The sound of the engines of the ship is absolutely amazing. And the cleaned up/fixed up video was pretty good too. I'm not sure why they included some clunky episodes but overall, well worth it.
on January 2, 2013
Great transformation to blue ray on this disk. My favourite is the Inner Light, having seen it many times, but never like this. From the opening credits to the end, it was so clear!
on April 4, 2015
The picture and sound qualty are increbilbly. I can never watch this DVD again. Thank you Amazon for getting this to me in under two days.
on February 17, 2012
This sample of 3 episodes of Star Trek: TNG delivers. I only wish they could have remade the show to wide screen! But seriously, the image and sound quality is exemplary and the update to the effects makes the entire experience of watching these 3 great episodes a huge upgrade from the originals on TV!