biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on October 25, 2015
I am very upset over this purchase. I purchased this in new condition, and guess what? It is used. When I put this DVD in my blue ray player for the first time, it read that it had been previously been watched, and asked me if I would like to resume. In all the years that I have bought DVDs, this has never happened to me. I don't know how this happened because it did arrive in plastic wrap, but I am not happy. I would have returned it if I still had the packing slip.
on April 22, 2013
I'm a completionest collector so of course I had to buy the final installment. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I did have that moment of "That didn't happen in the book!" and laughed at myself when that particular scene was over. Very sneaky, Hollywood, very sneaky. the movie stuck fairly close to the book and the ending was as mushy as could be expected. Thankfully, I watched alone and no one can say I cried. Although the CGI baby was a bit freaky.
on April 29, 2013
As someone who resisted these movies at the beginning, I succumbed and watched the first and got hooked. Then was able to watch the next 3 in succession. I guess the appeal for me was mostly it took me back to my first love, all the love and magic that happens at that young age I guess
on November 30, 2011
This time I waited to see the film before reading the book, as last time I did not enjoy the movie very much having read the book first. This time I did not know what to expect, and was not comparing the film to the book, which made for a riveting movie experience.

The film deals with serious subject matter, and while the love scenes are not explicit, the birth scene could tramatise young girls, so I would not recommend the film for under 12's. I find the film best suited to 15 and up, as with the previous two.

It was sumptuous viewing with gorgeous sets and locations, emotion packed and compelling situations and characters. The symbolism was strongest yet in this film, very psychological, and it had the feel of classic literature about it as well.

Gripes are that I found the vampires not nearly as beautiful as they are described in Stephanie's books, especially the visiting guests, and the white makeup seemed more apparant, even tactlessly tapering off at hairline and necklines. Characters also have new hairstyles, making them not instantly recognizeable. I found myself thinking, "Hold on... who is this?"

It ends at a good place, we are not left with a cliffhanger. I really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to part two!
0Comment15 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2013
Qui n'a pas accrocher sur twilight, qu'ai-je à rajouter... Breaking dawn part 1 et 2 sont les meilleurs de la série, sérieusement y'ont donné à fond pour tout, costume, effets spéciaux, bagarres, pouvoirs..tout pas juste sur l'histoire d'amour !
on May 23, 2013
Package received on time. But the package was not sealled and the DVD's could have been removed or dropped out. i would recommend for anyone who wants to buy Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 on Blu Ray
on September 7, 2013
True love, what a beautiful thing. If you enjoyed the other movies, you will love this one also. Each and everyone were special and unique. The story just keeps getting better and better.
on March 12, 2012
As a fan of the Twilight series and the movies, I was extremely disappointed with Breaking Dawn - Part 1. Having now seen Part 1, I don't think there was any reason to split the last book into two movies. This movie just seemed to drag on in order to fill the two hours. I also had trouble starting the movie using the "Play" button. I was only able to start the movie using the scene selection. At one point, I also tried putting on the subtitles and instead of getting actual subtitles I seemed to get a running commentary, which I found extremely annoying. I am still looking forward to Part 2 of Breaking Dawn, but I found this one to be quite boring.
on June 22, 2013
I say it all in one WONDERFUL! IT WAS EVERY GIRLS DREAM WEDDING!! There was more intensity and humour in this one and part two. The special effects, the cast was great to watch.
on January 24, 2013
being a twilight fan who wouldn't want to watch Jacob over and over and over again! He is hotter in the movie then the last 3!! can't wait to buy second part!