Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Anatomy of a Murder (Criterion) (Blu-Ray)
Format: Blu-rayChange
Price:$38.58+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
on April 29, 2002
This is a great courtroom drama, possibly one the finest. But the DVD, as a 1.33:1 ratio transfer, is a travesty and insult to Preminger's fine direction and mise en scene. If you need to see the film, please see it on DVD as the transfer is okay, definitely better than VHS, but could be better.
WHen the widescreen (1.85:1) comes out, get that instead. I, for one, thought I'd picked up the original aspect ratio and was quite excited. Now i'm a little upset that the studios are releasing so called "classic films" without treating them with any of the care that classics, like this film and others, so truly deserve. SHAME ON YOU COLUMBIA!
on September 22, 2001
Pretty good little, no good, doggedy dogg, "who's the man now dog", movie. Great performances all around. I thought Ben Gazarra was great. And so young. And Lee Remick, the girl, whoa. She was a looker. Of course George C. Scott and Stewart were great too. Although I thought Stewart did a little too much dramatics.
The only bad thing about this movie was that I don't think the ending lived up to the great beginning. I thought it was just a great intro, with great little moments that I so miss in modern movies. And I was a little confused about the courtroom specifics, which are kind of a big deal being that this is basically a courtroom drama. And it's not a bad courtroom drama, just sort of typical.
But great beginnng and good dialouge throughout. I think you'll like this more than me Rino. I think it's your kind of old movie.
But I give it a B-
on September 26, 2000
I was very disappointed when the first thing I saw upon playing this DVD was the all-too familiar "this video has been modified to fit on your screen" message.
Despite the Pan & Scan, the video quality is very good - watch the trailer to get a feel for what it would have been like without being restored.
As for the movie . . . well, it's dated. There was virtually no suspense in the courtroom scenes, because all of the big shocks that are revealed in court have already been explicity told to the viewer - it's a surprise to the audience in the courtroom, but not to you in your living room. Not something I would rent again.