5.0 out of 5 stars don't be afraid of the dark
I loved this movie. The little creatures inside the house were awesome.
I love a great thriller and this was it. There wasn't much to dislike , so if my friends are into
thrillers, I would surely recommend this movie to them.

thanks
Published 3 months ago by dawn

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent suspenseful thriller
Published on Aug. 11 2012 by koolz03

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent suspenseful thriller, Aug. 11 2012
koolz03 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is one of those haunted house movies. We all know the familiar formula where a family moves into a seemingly normal house and the child begins to sees strange things but the parents don't believe them until the climax. That's basically what this is. I didn't really like the "creatures" motives and I didn't really like how they looked. The ending felt non-climatic and just kinda ended. However, it did keep me interested and wanting to know what happens next. Good for a late night romp.

5.0 out of 5 stars don't be afraid of the dark, May 11 2014
I loved this movie. The little creatures inside the house were awesome.
thrillers, I would surely recommend this movie to them.

thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money, May 13 2012
Lord Byron (montreal canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't Be Afraid of the Dark / N'aie pas peur du noir (Bilingual) (DVD)
Well millions of dollars do not buy talent. What a waste of our time. Improbabilities and disbelief in a storyline that is full of clichés and foolishness. Guy Pearce was in need of money when he accepted this role. It was very early in the movie when we knew that it was going to be a fiasco. What designer in his right mind (Pearce) would take a sledgehammer to destroy an antique wood pannel wall just to see what is on the other side then later on boasts that those walls were made from rare imported wood impossible to replace today... Don't waste your time with this lemon

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what to do when everything has already been done....., July 17 2013
Stephen R. Peckhover "Crusty Rusty" (Aurora, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
.....The best thing about this movie is that we are introduced to the evil little creatures a few minutes before the halfway point, and not a little before the end, making them seem real, and not just a figment of Sally's imagination. Katie Holmes's character develops a belief of and later investigates Sally's claims - a nice change from the typical scenario where nobody believes the "crazy" stories someone tells. The interior of the house is not cold and unhomely, but rather warm and inviting, making you feel like staying awhile.....if you dare!!! There are also little pockets of suspense throughout the movie, so just when you begin to think the worst, you are tricked, and end up feeling a false sense of security. Also, Bailee Madison isn't your typical childish fraidy-cat - she'll really convince you what you're seeing is all too real.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why so much malice?, Dec 28 2012
Was excited to watch this movie when it first released but all the scathing reviews from critics and consumers alike scared me off. Picked up the Bluray for $10 just to see how bad it really was. When the movie ended I found myself doubting my own perception...I actually liked it, alot. Simple but well executed story, tension building pace and a completely eerie environment. I can understand the popular loathing of Katie Holmes, but her performance in this movie was plausible if not engrossing. Yes, the big people should have been able to wreak havoc on the little rodents, except most of the time they were tied up, knocked half unconscious, petrified with fear, fighting in the pitch black or swarmed by a horde with sharp objects. Perhaps people just expected too much, maybe another Pan's Labyrinth, I don't know. For what it was, a simple, creepy monster movie it shines.
If I was Guillermo I would be shaking my head, saying "What the heck do you people want!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 29 2014
Thanks

2.0 out of 5 stars not scared, Feb. 22 2012
This Movie Did Not Scare Me One Bit I Thought The Camera Work Was Way Too Fast To Set Up A Scarey Scene And Once You Get To It Nothing Happen's And Even [Guy Pearce] Was No Good In This I Think This Was The Worst Movie I Ever Seen Him In.i think Tom Cruise was right there watching him and told him if you kiss her i will kick your but that's why he look so nervous.... Don't Be Afraid of the Dark: Blackwood's Guide to Dangerous Fairies

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark / N'aie pas peur du noir (Bilingual)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 11.98