summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

on June 10, 2016
on May 1, 2016
to scary to watch in the dark
on April 15, 2016
Le boîtier n'est pas dutout comme celui qu'on voie en image! Déçu du boîtier car je m'attendais à un boîtier spécial alors qu'il est comme partout ailleurs pour moin cher... ! Mais sinon très bon film!
review image
The movie opens with a spoiler by letting us know something evil is in the basement of a home.

I enjoyed the animated aspect of the credits. It gave the movie that classic 1960's feel. Afterwards we have Guy Pearce moving into the same home with his young melancholy daughter, Sally, who would prefer to be with her mom in LA. She also has an instant dislike of Katie Holmes, dad's girlfriend. Eventually the family discovers the basement, which had been sealed. The area is famous for its sink holes that go deep into the earth. Sally is fascinated with shaft/tunnel in the basement.

The movie initially keeps you in suspense as to what is in the basement and which travels through the old ventilation system. Good suspense. Good creepy story. Good child acting. Great movie to show when the girls want to have a sleep over. And then when things are good and tense, flip the breaker off and let everything go dark.

No f-bombs, sex, or nudity. Try not to think too deep and enjoy this one.
on July 8, 2015
Cool
on July 29, 2014
Thanks
on May 11, 2014
I loved this movie. The little creatures inside the house were awesome.
I love a great thriller and this was it. There wasn't much to dislike , so if my friends are into
thrillers, I would surely recommend this movie to them.

thanks
on July 17, 2013
.....The best thing about this movie is that we are introduced to the evil little creatures a few minutes before the halfway point, and not a little before the end, making them seem real, and not just a figment of Sally's imagination. Katie Holmes's character develops a belief of and later investigates Sally's claims - a nice change from the typical scenario where nobody believes the "crazy" stories someone tells. The interior of the house is not cold and unhomely, but rather warm and inviting, making you feel like staying awhile.....if you dare!!! There are also little pockets of suspense throughout the movie, so just when you begin to think the worst, you are tricked, and end up feeling a false sense of security. Also, Bailee Madison isn't your typical childish fraidy-cat - she'll really convince you what you're seeing is all too real.
on December 28, 2012
Was excited to watch this movie when it first released but all the scathing reviews from critics and consumers alike scared me off. Picked up the Bluray for $10 just to see how bad it really was. When the movie ended I found myself doubting my own perception...I actually liked it, alot. Simple but well executed story, tension building pace and a completely eerie environment. I can understand the popular loathing of Katie Holmes, but her performance in this movie was plausible if not engrossing. Yes, the big people should have been able to wreak havoc on the little rodents, except most of the time they were tied up, knocked half unconscious, petrified with fear, fighting in the pitch black or swarmed by a horde with sharp objects. Perhaps people just expected too much, maybe another Pan's Labyrinth, I don't know. For what it was, a simple, creepy monster movie it shines.
If I was Guillermo I would be shaking my head, saying "What the heck do you people want!"
on August 11, 2012
This is one of those haunted house movies. We all know the familiar formula where a family moves into a seemingly normal house and the child begins to sees strange things but the parents don't believe them until the climax. That's basically what this is. I didn't really like the "creatures" motives and I didn't really like how they looked. The ending felt non-climatic and just kinda ended. However, it did keep me interested and wanting to know what happens next. Good for a late night romp.