Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: LP RecordChange
Price:$236.76+ $3.49 shipping

on November 16, 2015
Great "wall of sound" Christmas memories from the early to mid 60's.
on September 26, 2015
This is one of the best albums ever produced, regardless of the producer, Each song is without doubt is Oldies rock Christmas music at its bes.
If you don't have this CD you are missing a great experience
on January 21, 2015
It was worth waiting for...this will be good for next Christmas though.
on January 21, 2014
Love the "Wall of Sound" Phil Spector created for us all to enjoy. The Christmas songs on this album are timeless and I suspect will be around for many holiday celebrations to come. This was a last minute Christmas gift request from my husband ordered about 2 weeks prior to the big day, and it arrived less than a week after I placed my order!
on December 13, 2013
Fabulous album and now sounding even better on 180 gram heavy weight vinyl ... Do youself a favour and buy it
on December 24, 2012
I just listened to this for the first time a few years ago. I heard so much about it for so many years prior to that though. It has influenced countless Christmas works since it's release so I can see why it is so acclaimed and well liked. It's a fantastic showcase for the 'wall of sound'. It definitely one of my favourites now as well!

1. White Christmas - Darlene Love
11. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Darlene Love
12. Here Comes Santa Claus - Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans
13. Silent Night - Phil Spector And Artists
on May 27, 2012
I purchased this Christmas CD for a friend, but when it arrived and I took a close look at it and it's contents, well I kept it...One of the very very best Christmas CD's I have ever bought...If you like that "Wall of Sound" sound, then buy this...You will not be sorry...Just "GREAT" as was the price and the prompt and courteous delivery and service...This year I will reorder it for my friend and this time she will get it...
on November 4, 2005
this album has made itself as traditional as turkey & mince pies.
christmas ain't christmas without these songs, they complete the season, great classics, loved by all generations, everyone can singalong, & also very danceable.
even tho' it's LA, & their palm trees, not xmas trees,
it still sets the mood! party on!
on January 7, 2004
I was watching a Christmas episode of Moonlighting in the 1980's - another telling of It's A Wonderful Life. In the opening scene, the alarm clock sounds and Sleigh Ride comes pounding out....cut short by a startled Cybil Shepherd. I did not like "oldies" music at the time, but eagerly waited for the credits that night to find out who sang that song! To my disbelief, the song was not listed in the credits, but the hunt was on. I had to find it - I had to figure out where that sound came from! So much time has passed that I don't know how I located it, but I somehow found out that The Ronettes were the group that was singing that night. I started talking about the song at work, and to my suprise, one of my employees gave me a cassette of this album a few days later. I played it that year so much, that I wore it out... literally. I had a 3 hour drive home that Christmas, and played it so loud for so long, that the amplifer mounted under the radio actually melted the tape as it played!!! I replaced that tape and have purchased it several times since - original pressings, cassettes, cds, etc. - I'll never be without a copy again.
This album had the unfortunate timing of being released the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated. It wasn't exactly the year to be celebrating..... and it's brilliance did not have a chance to shine in 1963. As they say, timing is everything.
40 years later... listen to "A Very Special Christmas", or "Mariah Carey's - Merry Christmas", or Any Jackson 5 Motown Christmas Song, or... the list goes on and on... and you'll hear this album's influence on song after song.
This album changed the sound, spirit and direction of Christmas music for generations to come. It finally became a hit when released on the Beatle's Apple Records label in 1970 (under the title "Phil Spector's Christmas Album"), and has been in print for most years since. Producers and artists have copied and reinterpreted the sounds on this disc over and over again.
I have 115 Christmas CDs in my collection and growing (not to mention lots of albums, cassettes and 45s). This isn't just any Christmas album, and there is nothing that equals it in my collection.
This isn't just one the greatest "Christmas" album ever released, it is one of greatest ALBUMS ever released. Calling this album a Holiday or Christmas album is actually selling the album short. It's a concept album. An orchestral pop masterpiece that reinterpreted decades old songs that everyone listened to on static-filled radios at grandma's house, and breathed life into them for the [then] current generation and all others since.
This is not an album to play softly. It is best heard at MAXIMUM VOLUME. The layers of sleigh bells, chimes, xylophones, maracas, castinets, booming percussion, guitars, pianos, horns, and other instruments, as well as a chorus of background vocals form the famous "wall of sound" (once you hear it, you'll understand) propelling the artists' voices like a rocket into the season. None of the songs sound alike, but they all have the same "sound". The louder you play it, the more energy you'll feel. It's infectious.
The only detraction from the album is the discs closing track, a recitation by Phil Spector over the artists rendition of Silent Night. Listen to it once or twice for curiosity sake, and then program your cd player to skip it.
Don't let another Christmas go by without this CD in your collection. And, start giving it to others too... this is a much better gift than a bottle of wine, or a batch of cookies!!!!
on December 26, 2003
The greatest rock and roll Christmas album of all time? Yes, it is. Great "Wall of Sound" production and great singing (especially by Darlene Love) on some Christmas classics. Okay, "The Bells of St. Mary's" isn't really a Christmas song (although it was the title song from a Bing Crosby movie), and "Parade of the Wooden Soldiers" isn't really a Christmas song either (although it is about toys), but they do fit in with the rest of the album. The rest of the songs are well known Christmas songs, other than "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)", which is a great song written especially for this album, and "Marshmallow World", which is a relatively unknown Bing Crosby song. This is a classic album that I highly recommend.