5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds expectations.
Published on July 6 2012 by persifunctant

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately, its not enough
Published on June 2 2012 by Ken

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds expectations., July 6 2012
This review is from: Kandle by Ozeri II in Black -- Designed for the Amazon Kindle (fits latest generation Kindle and all models), and other eBook readers (Accessory)
Bought this light after seeing some other reviews about it. It is WAY lighter than I expected it to be, and the brightness is great. I like that you can choose between two brightness settings. I don't have a Kindle, I have a Kobo, and I was a little bit concerned that this light wouldn't fit. Especially since my Kobo is in a cover. Well, it fits, and fits well. It also illuminates the entire Kobo screen all the way to the bottom without glare. Definitely worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book light ever!, June 27 2012
I've been reading with a book light since the days I first hid under the covers with a flashlight. A voracious reader for more than 50 years, I've purchased and used almost every type of book light on the market at one time or another. The Ozeri II Reading Light is "hands down" the very best book reading light I've ever used. The design gives shielded, even, glare-free light, directed solely toward your e-screen. It attaches easily and securely to the leather case I bought for my e-reader [without marring the leather] and is adjustable with two different levels of light, depending on preference. The angle of the light is also adjustable, insuring the elimination of any harsh contact with the light [unlike any other light source, including the built-in light on a Kindle cover available for purchase elsewhere and which I thought would be superior]. It is superior even to the new e-reader with built-in light in that it illuminates the entire page glare-free, more efficiently, and without shadows. At this price point and with these features, this light is a remarkable value. Its' ease of use and avoidance of eye strain will let you read well into the wee hours if you wish. And an added bonus is that your bed partner will not be kept awake either, since all available light is directed at your e-reader screen. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely has its goodside, but there are some cons., April 25 2013
I enjoyed this product very much, and even though its advertised for use on kindle, I use it with my sony PRS-505. So I tried it on a paperback book and it worked aswell. Id imagine it would work for pretty much anything to read on.

So what are the cons? Well it does feel a bit cheap. but really the only stand out con is that I cant seem to find an angle on the light in wich I dont have direct eye contact with the LEDS, and If I dont then there is seemingly too much glare on my ereader's screen.

All in all a good buy and happy with the product,

4.0 out of 5 stars The Ozeri Reading light, July 6 2012
I have been using the Ozeri for over a week now and I have to say that it meets my expectations. It is small, so it does not interfere with the screen of my Kindle touch.
The light works well on the screen. You can adjust it so that there is no glare on your screen. It is perfect for reading in bed because the light is concentrated on the Kindle and won't disturb anyone beside you. so if you are looking for a reading light for your Kindle this product will satisfy your needs. Plus it comes with extra batteries.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately, its not enough, June 2 2012
I am an avid reader and ebook reader. I have a tablet for ebook reading as well as an e-ink reader. I prefer the e-ink reader because it's lighter. However in the evening the tablet gets the nod because its so well lit. I tried a couple of book lights that had one bulb and they didn't adequately light up the reader for me. So, I tried what I thought would be a Cadillac book light with three bulbs. Sadly, its still not adequate. My issue is that the top half of the screen is well it, the lower half is not. I've concluded that a book light is a band-aid solution that's not for me - the best is not good enough. Too bad :(

3.0 out of 5 stars e-reader illumination for the visually challenged, May 9 2012
this is a clever little device. i am visually challenged and have found that other lights did not cover much of my kindle dx screen and as well produced a considerable glare. the ozeri II led is superior however, for me, does not satisfactorily illuminate the lower third of the dx screen. in view of this, i limit the rating to three stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light is great, clasp is a little loose, Feb. 13 2012
Nolan Zak "NZ" (Victoria, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
There seems to be two common ways to get a light for your e-reader. One is to get a case with a built-in light, or to get a light on its own. I decided to get a light on its own and a separate case because I usually only use one or the other, not both at the same time.

That being said, the light in this unit is great. Between the two settings it's always able to provide the right amount of light for the situation. My only complaint is that the clasp is just not quite tight enough. It stays on fine as long as it's not touched or jostled, but the moment you shift the reader or touch the light it goes wonky and you have to keep re-adjusting it.

3.0 out of 5 stars kandle kindle light, Nov. 23 2011
I like the size, function and how the light fits onto the
kindle - I don't like how frequently the batteries need to
be changed; not sure if I might have left it on accidentally,
but they didn't last long at all.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kindle Light, Feb. 3 2014
Reginald Jones (Nova Scotia) - See all my reviews
Fully recommend to kindle owners. Before my purchase I read many reviews about various kindle lights and the negative that came across on just about all of them was that the lights illuminate the top half of the kindle but not the bottom half. I had reservations about ordering any light but I decided to order the Kandle so I could read in bed without using a standard light which bothered my wife. And this turned out to a great decision as there is no problem seeing the entire page!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reading light., Aug. 24 2013
Jim (Surprise, Arizona, United States) - See all my reviews
Provides very good light for a Kindle. Very portable. Acceptable battery life. Fit is a little sloppy, but quite acceptable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›