5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I've been a big fan of the Weakerthans for the last 7 years or so. I've been hoping Samson (The Weakerthans lead singer) would release a solo album for a while. Until now, he has just put out short download only efforts. I saw Samson preform some of these songs live in Toronto last year. I especially like the song "The Last And."
The songs are mellow and poetic. I...
Published on Feb. 27 2012 by Andrew Foster

2.0 out of 5 stars John K Samson, Provincial
Okay it's time to go back to the drawing board.....I so did not like this CD. I only liked one song on this CD which is the song "The Last And". I liked the lyrical writing of this song.

Published on May 5 2012 by C. Preston

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Feb. 27 2012
Andrew Foster (tillsonburg, ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Provincial (Audio CD)
The songs are mellow and poetic. I enjoy it very much. Feels like a good Weakerthans CD. Which is nice, since Samson did not do the vocals for the last Weakerthans album with Jim Bryson.
Highly recommended. Check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars His best work ever, Nov. 29 2014
His best work ever.

2.0 out of 5 stars John K Samson, Provincial, May 5 2012
C. Preston "Tunes Junkie" (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Provincial (Audio CD)

The strange thing is John K Samson's voice is good, his writing ability is there but I think to me his voice sounded the same track after track like it was on the same dial/speed the whole way through the CD! I think if you want buyers to take notice especially on your first CD.....you have to give them something in even subtle differences to make them want to come back to buy more! Just a thought from a Tunes Junkie!

So for anyone out there that just wants to put on some background music then slide this into the CD player! Sorry but that's just my opinion! Now excuse me while I go get a drink to save me from having listened to this whole CD! Ha! Ha!

Cheers!

Provincial (includes CD) (Vinyl)
Provincial (includes CD) (Vinyl) by John K. Samson (LP Record - 2012)