5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Published on Dec 18 2012 by Poco Traveller

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful at times
Convenient for small cooking tasks. The coating on the pan that came with it failed; it's not a high-glazed enamel finish. Front-removing crumb tray is easy to clean. The toast is usually disappointing. "A bit more" makes toast a bit harder, not necessarily a bit darker. It's better to set it to toast darker than you want, watch it and shut the oven off when you're...
Published 16 months ago by Katy TM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Dec 18 2012
Poco Traveller - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven" (Kitchen)
I needed to replace a broken Black & Decker convection toaster oven which I liked. I balked at paying so much for a toaster oven when you could get them for under $100. But our criteria were that it had to be electronic (my wife hates the ticking of the toaster timers on the non-electronic versions), it had to be compact (it shouldn't take up half the counter space), and it had to be convection (I compromised on this). This was the only one that met most of our criteria and looked good. Delivery was fast--2 days even though we expected a week to ten days. We have used many of the settings and find that it does a good job at cooking, reheating and toasting. We had to experiment a bit with the settings to get the toast just right, and it varies by the kind of bread you use. The feature where you can add 'a little bit more time' is nice. It heats to cooking temperature quickly. Broiling was fast to make quick open-faced grilled cheese. The tray that comes with it is heavy duty metal that is enamelled--not the flimsy aluminum ones you get with the cheaper ovens. The crumb tray is easily accessible and slides in and out easily, which facilitates keeping it clean. The overall quality of materials seems better on this one than on the cheaper ovens. The manual that comes with it is comprehensive and easy to understand. Well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little oven, Nov. 2 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven" (Kitchen)
I bought this mini oven this summer, to avoid getting the kitchen heated up when temperatures reached 35 degrees!
I have been using it for 4 months now and am very happy with it. It delivers on all counts. I have made muffins, reheated meals, broiled gratin dishes, made toasts and bagels. It is reliable and does what it is supposed to do.
It also saves on electricity because I do not have to heat up my regular, large, oven. And produces results faster.
I also like it because it is not too big. I was able to fit it on a small countertop, an important consideration when has a small ktichen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Oct. 11 2014
This review is from: Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven" (Kitchen)
I don't have much to add to the reviews that are already on the internet. This is just an amazing product. It has replaced 95% of all my baking needs that I would usually have to heat up the big oven for. This thing pre-heats in a minute or two, bakes much better than large ovens (more consistent). It's replaced my toaster; this thing makes way better toast.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great little taoster oven, Sept. 24 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven" (Kitchen)
My husband is a toast snob and it makes better toast than our toaster..... We gave it away!! It's compact but still cook shake and bake chicken.......love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product, March 9 2013
Karen-Anne (Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven" (Kitchen)
This is a quality product that I would recommend to anyone. The oven is small enough to fit easily on the countertop and looks clean and modern. One of the only toaster ovens I have found that does a fantastic job of making toast! There are no knobs or dials to twist - everything is a simple button setting. Did a great job baking potatoes, chicken strips and other small items you wouldn't want to heat up a large oven for. This oven is the perfect size for one or two people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toaster Oven Ever!, Sept. 13 2012
This review is from: Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven" (Kitchen)
This toaster is great. Digital timer for and special heat settings to cook just about anything. Well built and looks great without taking a lot of space on my counter top. I would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a toaster oven that performs - but at a price, Oct. 29 2014
This review is from: Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven" (Kitchen)
After many cheap toaster ovens it's good to have one that really performs. Toaster works extremely well and toasts evenly on both sides. I like the "Bit More" function that adds some time if you;re not happy with the doneness. I like the oven as well and will use it rather than cranking up my gas oven for many uses. The size is also a plus as it fits in the same size as my "late" toaster. All in all - highly recommended. While the Breville costs considerably more than the "low price"models it's a case of "you get what you pay for".

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toaster-Oven, May 19 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven" (Kitchen)
I am very impressed with this toaster-oven. Over the years I have gone through several toaster-ovens, none of which really did what they are supposed to do. This one actually toasts the bread in record time & repeatedly produces consistent results. I give this product 5 stars, well done Breville!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, Jan. 21 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven" (Kitchen)
This works well as a toaster (my main use) and as an oven. It is easy to use and works better than any toaster oven that I have ever had. Well worth the extra cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville Rocks, July 17 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven" (Kitchen)
This is the best toaster oven that I ever had. This oven toasts evenly and digital control is very accurate. Highly recommended!!!

Breville BREBOV450XL "Mini Smart Oven"
CDN$ 199.99 CDN$ 159.99