Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Weeds: The Complete Seventh Season
Format: DVDChange
Price:$9.88+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 28, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I've loved Weeds right from the start. However, after watching season 7 I've realized that it might have been better if at the end of season 6 (where Nancy takes the murder rap), that she just did a life sentence and game over. Even though I still consider the show to be great, it's definately lost it's "edge" that it once had. I'll continue to see it through to the end but it's starting to get to the point of finishing it off more than the excitement of what's going to happen next. I'm honestly getting the feeling that the writers keep changing locations (New York this round) as a point of distraction because if you kept this show in the same location the writing would be apparantly weak. I must admit that after 7 seasons it's hard to keep a show fresh however, instead of escalating craziness like another Showtime favourite Californication (see review) they're prolonging the inevitable. WRITERS: either step up your game or wrap it up before you ruin an otherwise excellent series!! Thanks for your time, hope this helps..
TOP 100 REVIEWERon March 5, 2012
**SPOILER ALERT**

I've stuck with "Weeds" through good and bad and defended it even when my opinion was contrary (Season 6 was one of my faves) to others; but this is definitely the bottom of the barrel for the once-mighty Showtime series. It's a bad sign when an episode ends and I simply turn off the DVD and don't really care what happens next. Previous seasons had me compulsively watching 3-4 episodes in a row because the plots were so addictive and interesting. Not here, folks. Season 7 offers no excitement, even though we have a flash-forward 3 years and Nancy is now living in a halfway house in New York after her prison stint.

The writers try and give us some bizarre visuals to spice up the proceedings (A group of mimes at a funeral; Silus walking around in a giant transparent beach ball in his underwear at some avante-garde gathering) but everything falls flat.

The finale doesn't get interesting until the last few minutes and I figure there's two ways they can go for Season 8. I don't know if Mary Louise Parker is returning or not; if she is--they will probably make Season 8 a prequel to the final scene of S7.

Diehards like me will want to own this for their collection; everyone else should just rent it. A once-great show is sadly past its prime. Three Stars.
on June 7, 2012
Why must amazon.ca use DHL courier service to deliver a single DVD? I use amazon.uk as it's cheaper and faster. They simply put the DVD into the UK Royal Mail and I receive it within 3 days. Dealing with DHL was an absolute nightmare.