5.0 out of 5 stars WEEDS: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON
This started as a light-hearted, silly series, but evolved into a commentary on today's world. It probably should not have survived more than 3 seasons, but it did, and I have enjoyed it thoroughly.
Published on Dec 5 2012 by R. W. SIMPSON

3.0 out of 5 stars Great show but time to wrap it up.. (yawn)...
Published on Feb. 28 2012 by RIGGER1

3.0 out of 5 stars Great show but time to wrap it up.. (yawn)..., Feb. 28 2012
RIGGER1 (CALGARY, ALBERTA.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Don't get me wrong, I've loved Weeds right from the start. However, after watching season 7 I've realized that it might have been better if at the end of season 6 (where Nancy takes the murder rap), that she just did a life sentence and game over. Even though I still consider the show to be great, it's definately lost it's "edge" that it once had. I'll continue to see it through to the end but it's starting to get to the point of finishing it off more than the excitement of what's going to happen next. I'm honestly getting the feeling that the writers keep changing locations (New York this round) as a point of distraction because if you kept this show in the same location the writing would be apparantly weak. I must admit that after 7 seasons it's hard to keep a show fresh however, instead of escalating craziness like another Showtime favourite Californication (see review) they're prolonging the inevitable. WRITERS: either step up your game or wrap it up before you ruin an otherwise excellent series!! Thanks for your time, hope this helps..

5.0 out of 5 stars WEEDS: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON, Dec 5 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer gives viewers a high., Aug. 23 2014
Shawn Young - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Weeds: The Complete Seventh Season [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I guess I find myself watching later Weeds seasons just to see how it ends. I keep hoping the show will return to its glory days of the first couple years, but I fear it's a hopelessly lost cause. Smart satire has degraded into low level melodrama, and we generally just wait around to see what stupid thing Silas does next and who Nancy has to sleep with to make the problem go away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5 2014
Love this show!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WEEDS..., Feb. 6 2014
This is a real gem of a show,and despite what others say I am glad it lasted so many seasons.Mary Louise Parker is the bomb.Gotta love the shenanigans Nancy and the gang get into.

5.0 out of 5 stars cant wait, Feb. 2 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
have not seen this season yet,,,am so anxious, loved the series but fell behind, cant beat the price so why not purchase?

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, Sept. 4 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
DVD works fine, arrived quickly and as described. Love this series and happy to have added Season 7 to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weeds Season 7, July 2 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
The writers always seem to have novel ways for the families life story to continually keep me interested. I can hardly wait for the next season!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Louise Parker is the best, March 25 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Season 7 does not disappoint. The story carries on with new twists and turns you'd never expect. I will buy these seasons until the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weedzzzzz..., March 5 2012
Kasey G (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
**SPOILER ALERT**

I've stuck with "Weeds" through good and bad and defended it even when my opinion was contrary (Season 6 was one of my faves) to others; but this is definitely the bottom of the barrel for the once-mighty Showtime series. It's a bad sign when an episode ends and I simply turn off the DVD and don't really care what happens next. Previous seasons had me compulsively watching 3-4 episodes in a row because the plots were so addictive and interesting. Not here, folks. Season 7 offers no excitement, even though we have a flash-forward 3 years and Nancy is now living in a halfway house in New York after her prison stint.

The writers try and give us some bizarre visuals to spice up the proceedings (A group of mimes at a funeral; Silus walking around in a giant transparent beach ball in his underwear at some avante-garde gathering) but everything falls flat.

The finale doesn't get interesting until the last few minutes and I figure there's two ways they can go for Season 8. I don't know if Mary Louise Parker is returning or not; if she is--they will probably make Season 8 a prequel to the final scene of S7.

Diehards like me will want to own this for their collection; everyone else should just rent it. A once-great show is sadly past its prime. Three Stars.

Weeds: The Complete Seventh Season [Blu-ray]
Weeds: The Complete Seventh Season [Blu-ray] by Scott Ellis (Blu-ray - 2012)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 14.72