5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product works as promised.
After reading many reviews mostly positive and some negative, I decided to take a chance and ordered it. Free shipping from Amazon to my door in Calgary, Alberta the thermostat arrived in 4 days. I was concerned about the install, but it was amazingly simple and I had it installed in 15 minutes or less by myself. My heating system is simple, one forced air furnace and no...
Published on Oct. 22 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice...but was it really worth the money.
Looks good on the wall, but I don't think it has any real advantage over a decent programmable thermostat.

Would I buy it again ...Yes
Published 22 months ago by Dan

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars How have I lived without one? :), March 21 2014
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat - 1st Generation T100577 (Tools & Hardware)
As an admitted Apple fan boy, I can't help but admire the Apple-like qualities, the intelligently simple but feature-rich and...! gorgeous design of this product. I think it is revolutionary in a "thermostats before Nest vs. the era of Nest" way.
In combination with the online/mobile access it truly is practical and informative. The learning capability is a lot more useful than one could anticipate. It will learn your preference for temperature, and relearn these preferences if they change with the seasons. The auto-away feature is a blessing for people with irregular schedule. One caveat: if you stay home on a week day and fall asleep on the couch it will shut down your heat/AC (unless you sleep walk or snore extremely loudly).
Can I justify spending $175 +govt. ransom for the Nest?
I know that it minds heating or cooling better than a rigid program or a manual adjustment routine would however the cost of electricity and gas are only a fraction of my PowerStream and Enbridge bills. So it might take years to recover the cost of Nest by saving on these items but all those years living with this wonderful gadget... It sure is worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, March 18 2014
This is a high-quality product that does not disappoint.
The only complain I have is that the vendor does not have a user guide. They provide many videos on you tube, but not enough.
I would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product, March 12 2014
Couldn't be happier, money well spent. If you like technology and gadgets, buy one. I haven't really checked to see if we have saved any money, I'm sure we have. It's great to be able to control the thermostat from my iPhone or iPad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a difference!, Nov. 29 2013
The previous thermostat I had bought was only a small step up from the original and I changed it out within a few years to this(Nest) and wow what an giant leap for mankind. Love being in bed and turning up the temp from my phone and or tablet app. Love the detailed usage reports as well. Bought mine in spring 2013 for $149 (1st generation).

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Nov. 27 2013
This is perfect. love it. it does everything i wanted, was easy to install and almost no difference from the 2nd generation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade to have in your home, Nov. 8 2013
I needed a new thermostat for my house and read great reviews about the Nest. The Nest came with all the required tools for an easy installation. It took me 15 minutes to have it installed and running.

The menu on the Nest is very straight forward and user friendly. It takes about a week for your Nest to learn your ideal temperature for the time of day but once it learns your scedule, it becomes seemless.

The App for your phone is also user friendly. You do not ahve to be on Wifi to be able to control your Nest remotely. It also a nice option to have to be able to heat or cool your house before arriving home.

The Nest is a great way to save in the long term. I can say that I have saved about 7% on my monthly bills.

I would recommend the Nest to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and elegant home thermostat, Aug. 29 2013
This has got to be the best internet-connected home thermostat - so easy to use. I have two now, one at home, one at our cottage and they make managing heating and cooling very easy. The auto-learn process makes it "people proof" and the ability to check and set things via web or smart device app is one of the best parts. The monthly email with a summary of how you're doing with energy savings versus other Nest users in your area is also great info to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars got one for the house and now one for the office, Aug. 10 2013
This is just the best idea. Finally in the last software revision there is a filter change reminder. This is great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product (1st Generation NEST), July 29 2013
After couple of weeks of use: I'll make it short

Pros: Love the product, love the appearance, lots of features, easy to install

Cons: Mobile app was giving me hard time. Only 20% of time I was able to control the unit using my phone. A questions mark appeared and the NEST could not be waken up by my cellphone. After disabling AUTO AWAY mode on the thermostat, my success rate is about 95% positive that my cell phone can operate the thermostat.
My NEST is little bulky and 2nd generation is somewhat thinner (about a 1/4") so it could be a way to go for some of you.

Overall: This product is great if it works on your cellphone since in most cases that is the purpose to spend so much money for one of these thermostats. Very cool design, very easy to install. I would recommend this product to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite things...., July 25 2013
I love my Nest. Bought it here and installed it last November. Went 1st Gen to save a few $, no regrets. I'm in Alberta, so winter can be harsh on the prairies. I have to admit, I can be forgetful and a wuss. If I remembered to turn the old thermostat down at bedtime, I hated to get out of my cozy bed to a frosty house. I often did not turn the temperature down as much because of that. My work schedule can be irregular, so no way for the Nest to truly learn it, but I easily program in my schedule for the week using the iPhone app. Using my settings and the early on, I turn the heat down more than I ever did at night and wake up to a warm home. The same goes with our recently installed central air, the house is a nice cool temperature when I get home from work, warmer but bearable for my dogs during the day.

It does tend to cycle my equipment more than I had heard before, I assume this is the charging process, but I am not aware of any damage to my system. It loses Wifi at times, but not too frequently. The leaf setting challenges me to try to save more energy, and I love the monthly reports that show household usage as well as how you measure up against other users. If my parents did not already have a programmable thermostat, I would have bought them one of these because I believe it is very simple and user-friendly. And if they were to have trouble, I would be able to program and troubleshoot theirs remotely from the app as well!

I could not be happier with the Nest, and all the perks that go with it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›