Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on December 30, 1999
This movie was horrible compared to Lion King I. It felt like deja vu with a lot of the scenes in the beginning and I couldn't force myself to sit through the whole thing. Stick with the original.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on June 30, 2000
Those that have given this "movie" five stars and have insisted that it's excellent are, in my opinion, die hard fans of The Lion King. Heck, most of them even SAY they are! LOL
I loved The Lion King, as well, but more for it's excellent quality as a film. I didn't join the cult following of The Lion King when it started simply because I'm not a blind follower of stuff that I like. ;)
Indeed, I was very anxious for Simba's Pride to come out, though still a little doubtful as to its film quality. The first day it came out I bought it and watched it, and liked it for the first time, probably because of the novelty of it. :)
But then I watched it another time, then another, and very soon I found that this "movie" is so much more of a video babysitter than a good quality film. Like many other successful feature films, The Lion King had a bland follow-up made for it and put right to video. With sequels, Disney doesn't look for making a good story - they're looking for making a passable, benign story, animating it with cheaper Television Animation, and throwing it out on video just to make a few bucks. >:P
That's exactly what happened with Simba's Pride. Sure, the TV animators worked their butts off to make this video look nice, and it does, barring the points that the overall color is too uniform and/or red, the characters are much less distinct, and originality is slim to nil. :(
If you research the movie thoroughly online and watch it carefully, you'll see that the plot has more holes in it than Swiss cheese. The story was shifted around poorly late in production, and concerning the (many) cut scenes, I'm willing to bet that some dumb producer took the rough draft movie and sliced scenes out that could be even slightly controversial. >:(
The bottom line is, this was a poorly made, overly benign sequel to one of Disney's greatest films, and will forever in my mind be an abomination to its predecessor, and to the entire Disney film collection. >:P
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again