biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on January 30, 2004
Basically, thus far the Lion King hasn't been a totally original story. The first borrowed heavily from Hamelt, and this, the second, steals most plot points from Romeo and Juliet.
This is not neceassarily bad. In the tradition of the first movie, it -is- unusually dark in areas... and would have been even more so if it hadn't of been 'edited'. Find the deleted scenes online. Nuka actually had one more line in his star scene which added a world of impact. But, in tailoring to children...
Though the film itself is worthy, the discs are... glitched. Two copies I ran into had hiccups in the same spot... but thankfully it was only in Timon and Pumbaa's intro. It's just very strange...
on May 30, 2004
Erm...well the basic point here is that this movie SUX! But more to the point is that I was sleepin over at my frendz house and we were watchin this to make fun of it and we got to the part right before they sing the song about Kovu gettin exiled and Simba sez "When you came here, you asked for judgement, WELL I PASS IT NOW!" Then the animals in the background start mumbling and I heard one go "YES YOU'RE GAY!" and I rewinded it over and over and I swear to god, you can hear them say that! I didn't get it off a website or anything like that, I FOUND IT MYSELF! Yeah...I have no life...
on April 22, 2002
I liked the first Lion King alot but this is just wrong. Who are these outsiders. They were lions loyal to scar. In the first Lion King scars only followers were hyenas. Lots of hyenas. This just does not work. Also Timon and Pumba appear to immortal and do not age at all. Simbas Pride is more for kids than the first film. There isn't as much action and it is not as compeling. This film is decent and isn't that bad but don't expect another Lion King.
on November 7, 2015
Akuna Matata!
on March 3, 2004
I got this movie the 1st year it came out (back then i was lion king addicted actullay i still am) I LUVED it! but now that i'm older i'm not so sure about it. it has a sappier story line then the last one. girl goes against father orders falls in luv with "Bad" guy you know? still it is a great movie but for us older veiwers it is boring!
on July 12, 2014
Tres rapide
on June 4, 2001
Ok, let's do a little movie math here. Entertaining+ fun+ new+ fantastic+ terrific= Lion King II, Simba's Pride! I thought this movie was better than the first sequal, the Lion King. The voice artists did a fine job, and I kinda like the songs, they weren't bad at all! [...]
on November 15, 2003
I am not a huge fan of sequels in general, and this one clearly illusrates the argument AGAINST them. Had THIS film been the first Lion King, there would never have been a sequel. It's darker, more violent, and less entertaining. Don't bother.
on November 16, 2014
all good
on December 30, 1999
This movie was horrible compared to Lion King I. It felt like deja vu with a lot of the scenes in the beginning and I couldn't force myself to sit through the whole thing. Stick with the original.