Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on January 31, 2013
I was somewhat disappointed, I expected more of a story. It was a good movie but not a great movie in my opinion.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
First, great film, definitely deserved it's best film nomination at the Oscars. What I am writing about here IS regarding the actual product though. As a Canadian I accept this is a bilingual country, I think its great actually, and I know law requires all products have both French and English labels. What I can't figure out is why they ruin the artwork on these releases needlessly and carelessly.

In this particular case the film is known as the Descendants in both French and English, the only difference being the article of speech that proceeds it, 'Les' vs 'The'. So what do they do since this three letter article is different? They print the title twice with a different article of speech before each one. What? Can french people not understand the title without 'Les' in front of it? I know they can. But I digress, it isn't that the french is included, its that they put it all crowded in one spot tastelessly and the fact that the french is on the cover indicates with this company that french will also being crammed on the spine.

I wish all companies would be as kind as Alliance and print slipcovers that have English on one side and French on the other. Or if not, at least take the care to separate the titles enough that it doesn't look like one long one. I'll be buying mine in America. 3 stars for the Canadian release, 5 for the American.
on April 9, 2012
Acting not so good, story a little boring, movie too slow, not captivating, maximum stars 3, It is very difficult to maintain my attention, the story is not genuine for today life