5.0 out of 5 stars I'm speechless, but Carlo's guitars can speak! Whoa!
Can I give it 6 or 7 stars?

Must be one of the best concerts captured on Blu Ray, or perhaps the best! Not only the performance is brilliant, the video and audio are also best of the best!

Carlos was 64 years old, still looked so physically fit, and his guitars can really speak!

Too many highlights, so touchy to listen to a great guitar...
Published on Feb. 24 2012 by music lover

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great sound, very disappointing
We have purchased a few concert blu-Rays, and this by far the most disappointing. Sound was very muffled, and it seemed like the musicians were singing without the microphones on in some cases. I think the sound mix was really off. We probably will not watch this again.
Published 6 months ago by glojo

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm speechless, but Carlo's guitars can speak! Whoa!, Feb. 24 2012
This review is from: Live At Montreux 2011 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
Can I give it 6 or 7 stars?

Too many highlights, so touchy to listen to a great guitar player playing.

Listening to 'Benny (bass) and Cindy-Carlo's wife (drum) solo', and 'Europa ..... and other songs' are so enjoyable. The songs from 'Supernatural' were below his standard, but still better than most of the songs we can get nowadays.

I am speechless, and was so lucky to have gone to Santana's concerts two times when I was young.

MUST BUY if you consider yourself a music lover!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, still a good show., March 3 2013
This review is from: Live At Montreux 2011 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
Perfect show, video excellent, sound perfect and show incredebile. Musisican are excellent and very nice to see them playing music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Santana delivers again, April 18 2012
This review is from: Live At Montreux 2011 (DVD) (DVD)
As many other reviewers have indicated, this is another high quality performance. Beautifully filmed in high definition and sound and great playing b y Santana and his band. A great selection of songs (with the exception of Back in Black which simply does not fit and does not work). A great value since it is two discs of great songs.

It is also different than his previous Montreux concert from 2004 since this is really just his band instead of a long array of guests which featured many songs outside of his normal repertoire. Therefore having both in your collection is not redundant at all. I saw him in concert two years ago and this is an accurate representation of a professional musician and great, spiritual man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 20 2014
this is great

4.0 out of 5 stars So I guess as long as Carlos is there it's Santana?, April 24 2012
Stephen Bieth (Mississauga/ Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Live At Montreux 2011 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
First off this is not Santana but Carlos Santana with a bunch of musicians. That aside the band is great and very tight. Good song selection except for their horrible version of Back in Black with rap vocals. I saw Santana with Dylan in the late 80's early 90's and they had a little rap thing going then. I just assumed it was another 60's band trying to caiter to a generation X crowd (lots of Band's did this in the 80's and it hardly ever worked) but I guess I was wrong. This is a long show but he has lots of great music to get to. Lots of stuff off the first three records (the classic years) and not a track from his big record from a decade ago. Yes this is all Santana music none of the Carlos solo years. The only thing that really got on my nerves was every time Carlos talked to the audience. I don't mean to offend anyone but his little spiritual speeches I found really annoying. I also thought that his little speech about women came off making women sound as their sole duty in life was to love there man and were basically here for at best a man's muse. I don't mean to offend any religious people out there but if God is your thing power to you! Whatever gets you through the night ! But I really don't watch music DVD's to be preached to. You have to remember that this is the guy that said the reason the world is having all these natural disasters is because we don't pray enough. Thanks for your opinion Carlos but that's not what I bought your Blu Ray for.
If you want a great show with a lot of Santana's best songs you should love this. Just keep your finger on the skip button for those moments where he is at the mic. If you are expecting to see the Santana band from Woodstock or even a couple of them with Carlos then your out of luck.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great sound, very disappointing, Jan. 31 2014
This review is from: Live At Montreux 2011 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)

Live At Montreux 2011 (Blu-ray)
Live At Montreux 2011 (Blu-ray) by Santana (Blu-ray - 2012)
CDN$ 20.99 CDN$ 16.99