4.0 out of 5 stars No missing episodes, April 7 2012
jay kirkland (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night Gallery: Season Three (DVD)
Re: The Truth's review of Season 3 of The Night Gallery, none of the episodes he listed as missing were ever on Night Gallery. They may have been something tagged on from some other source(s) to pad the package for syndication, but they were never part of the original series. The 1st season, NG was part of a series called "Four in One", consisting of four separate limited series, including the 1st season of McCloud (which was edited from its original one hour episodes into half as many butchered and incoherent two hour episodes for syndication, and unfortunately for DVD). Gallery's first season was only six one hour episodes.
Night Gallery's 3d season included the same proportion of duds and gems as the first two seasons. The classics are: Ring with the Red Velvet Ropes, The Girl With the Hungry Eyes, Rare Objects, Something in the Woodwork, and (the amazing) Finnegan's Flight (an unforgettable Christmas Eve treat for us Canadians). As well as Return of the Sorcerer and Whisper, which were included as "bonuses" on the Season 1 set. These are all more than worth the price of the set to any fan of classic spookiness. I loved the 3d season theme, comprising mainly of screaming musical instruments. Truly scary. Very much looking forward to the "lost episode". Five stars for the above-noted episodes, knock one (or really only one half) off for the duds and blackouts. Not stocked by Amazon.ca but still a great deal from Amazon.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's there to say?, Dec 19 2013
This review is from: Night Gallery: Season Three (DVD)
Don't look at me. This is a classic series, spawned by the late and great Rod Serling. If you are even a part-time fan of Twlight Zone and love to catch marathon airings on Sundays, get this series. It's early 70s, it's campy, it's dark.

Rod Serling has cast a long, dark shadow on TV. No show measures up to anything Serling produced!

Get all three seasons now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing Episodes - Solved, May 9 2012
Tango and Cash "vemmef" (Toronto) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Night Gallery: Season Three (DVD)
Just a note that it seems that these "missing episodes" mentioned in some of the reviews were actually from a show called The Sixth Sense, which were subsequently attached to Night Gallery in syndication.

You can see many of the listings here ([...]) under "The Sixth Sense staring Gary Collins". Also, some of the episodes you list are alternate titles, like "Flying Sepulcher Of Death", which is actually "Coffin, Coffin, In The Sky".

I hope that helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarily GOOD!, May 7 2014
This review is from: Night Gallery: Season Three (DVD)
So many good scares and great actors on this collection!! A MUST have for horror fans all over the world! BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but where are the missing episodes, March 30 2012
This review is from: Night Gallery: Season Three (DVD)
I'm a huge fan of all of Rod Serling's work, including The Night Gallery. I have both of the first sets and plan to purchase this one when it is released. I do have one question for fans, reviewers, and the people responsible for these sets alike. Now that all 3 seasons are out or will be soon - where are all of the remaining episodes???
Based on shows I caught in syndication and video-taped and episodes listed on episode guides I figure that some 25 episodes in all still remain unreleased. These are supposed to be "complete" season sets, yet 13 episodes from season 1 remain unreleased and 13 additional episodes are not listed as content among any of the 3 seasonal sets.

Here is my list of missing episodes....

Night Gallery (Season 1)

Missing:

1. I Do Not Belong In The Human World
2. The Heart That Wouldn't Stay Buried
3. Lady, Lady, Take My Life
4. The House That Cried Murder - (with Carol Linley)
5. The Man Who Died At Three & Nine - (with Joseph Campanella)
6. Can A Dead Man Strike From The Grave? - (with William Shatner)
7. With This Ring, I Thee Kill!
8. Witch, Witch, Burning Bright - (with Cloris Leichman + Mike Farrell)
9. Eye Of The Haunted
10. Echo Of A Distant Scream - (with Stephanie Powers)
11. Whisper Of Evil
12. Shadow In The Well
13. Face Of Ice

I don't know which season or seasons the follow are from, only that I have them and that they exist, yet do not seem to be listed on any of the "complete" season releases.

Still Missing:

1. Flying Sepulcher Of Death - (with Sharon Gless)
2. Through A Flame Darkly
3. I Did Not Mean To Slay Thee
4. Five Widows Weeping
5. Candle Candle Burning Bright
6. Gallows In The Wind
7. The Eyes That Wouldn't Die - (with Tom Bosley)
8. If I Should Die Before I Wake - (with Jayne Wyman + Stephanie Powers)
9. Dear Joan: We're Going To Scare You To Death - (with Joan Crawford)
10. Witness Within
11. Once Upon A Chilling
12. With Affection, Jack The Ripper - (with Patty Duke)

Perhaps the people behind releasing this series can do us up a complete missing episodes set with these final missing 25 episodes???

With regard to the comments from Jay about these episodes not being part of the orignal series. In all fairness, I did mention that I caught most of them in syndication. Where I have specified Season One episodes as being missing those episodes are listed on a reliable online episode guide source as being from that season, but I don't know for certain if they are or are not. ALF I'm an expert on, but Night Gallery is just a show I've always loved and enjoyed watching, Right along with the various incarnations of Rod Serling's other classic series - The Twilight Zone.

I did see episodes in their original run on various versions of the show, but I am no expert by any means & I'm sure that I also missed seeing many during their original run. But anyone reading this review can rest assured that the episodes I have listed do exist - even if they only ran in syndication.

It has been a LONG time since I sat down and watched the actual original Night Gallery broadcasts & while I remember a few classic episodes, I have relied on what I've caught in syndication and read online when it comes to trying to track down a complete listing of all episodes.

If these episodes were run as part of another Night Gallery series or in syndication only that might explain why I couldn't find them listed on any episode guide though I do have the episodes.

It is unlikely though that they were developed specifically for syndication - but as Jay suggests, perhaps they were part of another incarnation of the show.

However, that said, seeing as they are still episodes of the show, even if only syndicated episodes - as a huge fan of the show - I for one - would like to see all of the episodes which were made, issued as part of a dvd set or series of sets. Even if they were not part of the 3 season run. As I said previously. Perhaps the people behind these releases can put together another set of the remaining 26 episodes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Night Gallery: Season Three, Dec 25 2012
This review is from: Night Gallery: Season Three (DVD)
I'm glad I purchased the last season of "Night Gallery." Now I have all three seasons. (Shame on you NBC for cutting it back to a half hour for the last season of the series when it was still in production. Considering they had a whole hour to fill on Sunday nights in the '72-'73 season!) Not as good as Twilight Zone, but a nice companion to my Rod Serling works. I do recommend purchasing it.

Night Gallery: Season Three