Top positive review
9 people found this helpful
Nothing to complain about: produces amazing prints
on July 18, 2013
I haven't emptied my ink cartridges yet, as I don't produce that many prints. I just wanted the wide carriage option so I can print CAD drawings in addition to my photographs.
* photo prints are stunning, just like the real thing
* epson inks that last a long time
* wider carriage allowing to produce larger prints (especially if you do CAD, or low volume posters)
* bundled Photoshop Elements software (yay!)
* very nice printer control panel / print dialog allows granular control of all the printer's features and output
* the WiFi connection is so convenient, works flawlessly and was easy to set up.
* acceptable speed: very fast printing regular documents, acceptably ok printing pictures
* it's rather slow printing at high res photo. I don't see this printer being used in a production environment.
* the printer control software doesn't remember the last settings, and goes back to defaults. this is OK with you move between printing text, photos, CAD drawings... but when you're more frequently doing photos, for example, it would be nice for it to remember what your last settings were and allow you to set that as the default settings.
if you're like me, a home user, not in a hurry, with a low volume (watching out for your ink consumption and all), this printer is for you. you get bundled software you need anyways (and if you own, an extra license doesn't hurt), the image quality stands up to the very best. at it's price point, this is the very best value wide carriage printer I could find, and the output doesn't disappoint. A big thumbs up!
My experience with amazon customer service:
this printer was missing the promised photo paper that was supposed to be included. It had the package alright, but only the very small papers were left, the larger ones missing. I think it was at the factory, because the original epson tape closing the box was intact. amazon quickly offered me a 20% refund as compensation, which I was very happy about.