5.0 out of 5 stars one of the greatest of all time
Published on Oct. 10 2005 by heartofadragon

3.0 out of 5 stars Light-hearted (and lightweight) fun
No, this isn't the best fantasy movie of all time, and in a genre that's seen its share of stinkers, that's a real lowering of expectations.
But having said that, this movie is exactly what it sets out to be: A lightweight and charming fantasy movie that will keep kids occupied and have enough in it to keep adults interested, too. The last of the dragons teams up...
Published on Nov. 19 2000 by Beau Yarbrough

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the greatest of all time, Oct. 10 2005
heartofadragon (toronto, ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragonheart [Import] (DVD)
this is a movie that you can watch over and over again. from the first time i watched it ( in gr.7 as part of an english course) i was trapped in the moment....the characters are great, the effects are great, the storyline is great. It will make you laugh and it will make you cry. It also contains alot of valuable morals that can apply to even todays society. All in all its a great movie filled with laughs, adventure and it lets you be a kid again.......believe in dragons, i do

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Fun Fun, July 9 2012
This review is from: NEW Quaid/thewlis/connery - Dragonheart (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
This is so good and a fun movie i just love it who would believe a dragon can be so much fun and i mean very funny you have to check this one out......Dragonheart (Universal's 100th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic!, March 21 2013
This review is from: Dragonheart [Import] (DVD)
I used to watch this all the time as a kid, watching it again as an adult, it's still a great movie!

Where else are you gonna find Sean Connery as a dragon, David Thewlis as an evil tyrant of the land, and Dennis Quad as a medieval warrior!? That's what I thought!! We even got the late Pete Postlethwaite as a priest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie for Kids, Aug. 23 2009
Jean Hunter "Wolverine" (Mascouche,Quebec ,Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragonheart [Import] (DVD)
This is a must for any Dragon Lover's collection.
so sit back and enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars ....Cried.... A Lot., May 9 2005
Amy Campbell (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragonheart [Import] (DVD)
I love this movie. From the first time I saw it I was absolutely mesmerised. I definetly reccomend this movie to anyone who enjoys myth and a good movie

4.0 out of 5 stars This movie will bring the heart out in you!, July 19 2004
C. J Peters "Anne" (Lockhart, Tx) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragonheart [Import] (DVD)
I don't know about you guys,but I difinitly belive! The story of a valent Knight serching for the last of the dragons,who he belives bewitched his student. Dennis Quaid never ceases to amase me! And Sean Connory will make anyone belive. But, put those two together and you got a great movie. David Thewis even adds to the excitment. I would not trade this one for anything. I guess it's safe to say that I enjoyed this one immensly!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!!!, Jan. 9 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Dragonheart [Import] (DVD)
(I'm really 17 but I'm not a customer, my parents are. BTW.)
This is a brilliant movie, the story and the acting was beautiful and stunning!
I'd recommend this to everyone because I feel that it's that good!
However, if you'd like to read how it was supposed to be, I'd highly recommend that you read the novel of the same title based on the original screenplay. It takes the story to a whole new level, bringing more to the story and a slightly darker tone to it as well!
I hope you find this helpful.
P.S.
You must read the book!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Dragon Movie EVER!!!, Aug. 29 2003
This review is from: Dragonheart [Import] (DVD)
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! It is one of the best ever!!! It shows dragons the way I think dragons should be shown: as good guys, with feelings and a personality, not the way some movies show dragons as mindless, heartless murdering beasts.
Summary: A knight of the Old Code named Bowen has sworn himself to hunting down and killing every dragon in the world. The reason: his apprentice, Prince Enion, was badly wounded when the villagers revolted against his father, the King. The Queen took the prince to a dragon that lived nearby and the dragon saved him by giving the boy half of his heart. Soon after, the ex-prince became the King and began to forget everything Bowen taught him. Bowen, thinking it was the dragon's heart that corrupted Enion, vows to kill all dragons.
12 years later: Bowen comes across a dragon who claims to be the last dragon. After a endless fight, the knight and dragon form a truce. After their schemeing makes them a lot of $, Bowen and the dragon, who Bowen named Draco, meet a villager named Kara, who wants to lead a revolt against Enion. With the help of Bowen and Draco, she is able to get villagers to join their cause.
As the fight begins, Draco is captured. Now Bowen must find a way to rescue his dragon friend and somehow kill Enion. But... what will the knight of the Old Code do when he finds out that there is a terrible and deadly connection between Draco and Enion? What will Bowen do when he finds out that the only way to end Enion's terrible ways once and for all is to...
I love how the director added in the parts of light humor along with action and slight plot twists which all add up to a slightly surprise ending. The end (which I wont give away) is so sad that I always get teary eyed no matter how many times I watch it. Bring lots of tissues to this movie. If you like dragons, then you will LOVE this movie!!! I can promise you!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuine classic in composite digital 3D animation, Aug. 21 2003
indexsurfer "indexsurfer" (Davis, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragonheart [Import] (DVD)
If you have enjoyed Gollum in the epic Lord of the Rings movie series, you must see this. This is one of the most successful early attempts at including digital 3D animation in live action features. You either love or hate the story, cast and characters. I am a big fan of all three. It is a fun and heart warming movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE STARS ARE MADE OF DRAGONS, Aug. 20 2003
This review is from: Dragonheart (VHS Tape)
DragonHeart is a awesome movie!
I first saw this film when I was on summer vacation-and I saw it in the theatre like 4 times!
DragonHeart is about a guy who is about to be king-but he is wounded and his mother asks a dragon to save him-taking pity on the guy the dragon gives him half his heart-telling the guy that he must rule with honesty.
But when the guy becomes a king-he treats everyone cruelly-and
kills anyone he doesnt like!
So steps in this dragonslayer who becomes friends with the last dragon-who he names Draco-after the group of stars in the sky shaped like a dragon!
I wanna buy this dvd-to see how Draco looks!
It was pretty sad when the dragon dies in the end-but it was the only way the kings evil would be destroyed!
You will never win unless Einons evil is destroyed-and to do that you must destroy me!
I am the last one!
I love dragons-they are not evil like everyone thinks they are-
they are just misunderstood creatures who hide and lurk in caves simply because they are different!
When I looked at the stars one night-I swear-it was in the shape of Draco!
There are alot of shapes like that in the sky-there must be a dragons heaven!
Why must you knight errands out to make a name for yourself-always pick on us dragons?
Your one who kills dragons for money?!
No animal should be killed for money!
It just simply is very wrong!

ARRAY(0xbfd4d294)