5.0 out of 5 stars A great bargain and a Penguin Guide Rosette

2.0 out of 5 stars no good if unplayable
Published on March 15 2012 by harrydee

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bargain and a Penguin Guide Rosette, March 16 2012
This review is from: MOZART: THE PIANO CONCERTOS (Audio CD)
This is THE set of Mozart piano concerti to have. I've always wanted to have this set, and I now I can have it for a song. I'm listening to KV 503 and I like Perahia's cadenza. No pressing problems with my set (made in the EU). What a glorious set at a budget price. I'm OK with no notes as the price is so low. How lucky we are that Murray Perahia made these recordings before his hand injury.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST Have ... POETIC ELEGANCE from Murray Perahia, June 26 2014
Lee A. Steels "leepee" (Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MOZART: THE PIANO CONCERTOS (Audio CD)
Mozart wrote as many great piano concertos as ALL the composers after him. Murray Perahia plays Mozart's masterpieces as nobody after him. Perahia is a poet at the keyboard and for me, his recordings of these gems are at the top. I originally bought each CD as it became available, and I probably spent about $300 collecting the complete set. Now here they are for less than a tenth that amount ... an unbelievable bargain! For anyone who loves great music, this set is a must buy.

Very highly recommended!!! T E N stars ... if I could. Buy this set before it goes out of production.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful performances, July 2 2013
I had read about this version of the concertos. I also have an excellent version of the Goldberg variations, with Murry Perahia playing. I found his plying both engaging and refreshingly uncluttered. I have heard a few of the performances in this collection that a friend of mine bought.

I am delighted with the quality of the recording, the character of the performances and the side benefits of getting a collection rather than looking for individual discs.

I am no fan of MP3, you may as well buy rubbish speakers. I like the12 discs of proper CD recordings. I have not yet been tempted by digital downloads for classical music.

If you enjoy Mozart, then Murray Perahia's performances will surely delight you. Highly recommended as a first choice. Make sure you listen to this collection before opting for a different version.

5.0 out of 5 stars perahia's Mozart Piano Concerto, Feb. 24 2013
This review is from: MOZART: THE PIANO CONCERTOS (Audio CD)
A brilliant rendering of Mozart's crowning achievement. Perahia delivers the goods in a typically thoughtful and sensitive manner. Unbelievable virtuosity!

5.0 out of 5 stars A true poet of the keyboard !, June 22 2012
Louis Caron "An absolute must !" (Montréal, Qc, canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MOZART: THE PIANO CONCERTOS (Audio CD)
Perahia's version of the complete Mozart piano concertos is a reference along with the one

by Vladimir Ashkenazy on Decca; both technically and musically.

2.0 out of 5 stars no good if unplayable, March 15 2012
This review is from: MOZART: THE PIANO CONCERTOS (Audio CD)
The boxed set of Murray Perahia's recordings of all the Mozart Piano Concerti (Sony, 12 CDs) seems a terrific deal but when each CD is stuck in a tight cardboard sleeve that is impossible to open without smearing the disc with your fingers and then at least one (the second CD) has selections that end in mid-piece followed by a long series of skips it's no bargain at all! I have yet to play eight of them so it may be even worse than this!

MOZART: THE PIANO CONCERTOS
MOZART: THE PIANO CONCERTOS by MURRAY PERAHIA (Audio CD - 2012)