march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

on February 19, 2016
Film non réaliste. so so
on November 1, 2015
This film represented Canada at the 2011 Academy Awards in the category of Best Foreign Language Film. It is charming, human and features some outstanding performances.
on October 3, 2015
très bon
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 27, 2015
Good film. Not likely I will watch again
on April 16, 2015
Touching film. Somehow utterly Canadian yet borderless at the same time. Well done.
on January 7, 2015
This movie manages to cover a whole range of social issues without ever being preachy. A popular homeroom teacher in a Quebec Catholic school hangs herself in her classroom during mid-day break and the harassed principal, desperate to find a substitute quickly (nobody wants to replace a classroom suicide), takes on an Egyptian immigrant. And that sets the stage for multiple issues — underfunded schools, different styles of teaching, stressed out teachers, how to effectively maintain discipline or show sympathy without touching students, the refugee process, and so much more. The acting is impeccable — Fellag as Lazhar and Sophie Nélisse as the little girl central to the story are so convincing it's hard to believe they aren't the characters they play. It's a gentle, thoughtful, thoroughly engrossing movie that doesn't pander to any notions of political correctness. Can't recommend it enough.
on December 12, 2014
J'aime bien.
on November 20, 2014
I love this movie, I first saw it at our local Foreign Film festival and had to have it.....I lend it out to my "buds" ocassionally, I do not want to lose it so I am very particular to whom I lend it.
on November 6, 2014
lourd a écouter
on October 21, 2014
“It’s fascinating watching a movie like this” what was the purpose of it’s subject, to see how
kids react to death, how adults can think they know what kids don’t know, what and when we should
say to them It’s going to okay, with kids being so inquisitive and brutally honest, when they think
they don’t get the right answer for their question, it always comes another that makes the adults look dumb,
when I was a kid one of my friends drowned in the ocean, I remember hiding behind the house because I was
so scared that we were going to get blame for it, and sure enough we were to blame, and to this day, still haunts me,
the thing is no one ever ask why his parents or all of us was allow to go without supervision, just because it’s something
we normally do, so the point I think, maybe the teacher was sending a message to her staff, because the love for her
students outweighed the closed-mindedness of the principle and the board, which teacher in her right mind would do that,
obviously her, plus we never see if anything was accomplished by the psychologist, only Monsieur Lazhar” was the main
focus of the movie, and the two kids, so I was a little shortchanged on that matter,
this disc has the option of English and French, but I cant activate the English, it still goes to the French with the English subtitle,
it wasn’t a problem for me though, have lots of movies like this, I’m used to it,
Widescreen 2.35:1
Runtime 95 Min.
French 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
It Is Such A Sweet Movie.. Makes You Think About People..