5.0 out of 5 stars a true gem of an album
A true gem of an album that is a fusion of Aqualung, Thick as a Brick and Minstrel in the Gallery. Ian Anderson delivers a series of soft and heavy songs in the true spirit of the best Tull musical styles. For a Tull fan, this is equivalent to The Beatles releasing a sequel to Sgt Peppers. I loved the deluxe package that has the DVD which includes many neat features.
Published on April 22 2012 by raffi NICOGHOSIAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick 2
Enjoyed the CD, but not nearly as much as Aqualung and Thick as a Brick 1. Now those two rate a 10 star... :)
Published 19 months ago by Avid Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars a true gem of an album, April 22 2012
raffi NICOGHOSIAN (Montreal, Quebec, CA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars FerdinandoP., April 29 2012
Ian Anderson still has the magic of composing extraordinary music and meaningful lyrics, I have listened the cd a couple of times,and everytime i listen to it the more i love it, even though i'd have loved to see some of his JT musicians joyning him in this venture, All in all thanks to I.A. for giving us more of his music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enfin!, April 27 2013
La suite de Thick As A Brick, quelques quarante années plus tard, c'est déjà inouï. Et avec cette qualité sonore, ça devient purement un délice!

3.0 out of 5 stars Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick 2, Feb. 13 2013
This review is from: Thick As A Brick 2 (Audio CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better then most follow ups!, April 3 2012
Stephen Bieth (Mississauga/ Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
The record sequel where not common is not new. Elton John did it (Cpt. Fantastic / Captian and the kid), Meatloaf (Bat out Of Hell 1&2) just to name a couple. I am sure in most cases it does help sell the product. Saying that this is better then most. It kept me ingaged till the end and I will be listening to it more. Music wise it is different then TAAB. Shorter songs (TAAB being one long peice) plus Anderson's voice has changed a lot since the original came out. The lyric content definatly continues from were the last one ends off. Over all a very pleasant suprise.
The down side 1) why do it under Ian Anderson's name instead of Jethro Tull 2) where is Martin Barre? Was calling it Ian Anderson's just a way to get rid of him. Where as I enjoyed the record his guitar playing is missed and would have added much. Ian Anderson has always bin very cut throat with the members of his band. Like Neil Young but maybe it's why their music is still good because the art always comes first. But I am sure Ian Anderson will agree with a Neil Young Quote "sometimes the hardest part of my career is looking back at the wake of destruction I left behind me"
In closing. Great record. If you get the deluxe it includes a great bonus DVD. Lots of extra's but best of all another wonderful 5.1 mix by Steven Wilson!

2.0 out of 5 stars Certainly Not Another Thick As A Brick, March 20 2014
Agha Shahrokh "Shahrokh" (North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
People who purchased this CD because of its title must have been very disappointed. I was. Because the music of this CD by Ian Anderson does not have anything to do with the original and unique Thick As A Brick. I am an avid fan of Jethro Tull's music of the 60's and 70's and have no question about Ian Anderson's brilliance as a composer of words and music. However this CD, with its enticing title was a big disappointment to me. In this CD, Ian Anderson entertains the possibiliy of Little Milton as a grown man occuping different professions. The music is forgetable and one can certaily Sit This One Out without any regrets. Martin Barre does not play guitar on this CD either that might indicate his disapproval of this piece of work. Nevertheless, I will buy any further works by Jethro Tull or Ian Anderson's solo projects because I am an avid fan of the man and his music and my disappointment with this CD would not discourage me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Monotonous, April 3 2012
G. Poulin "Guy Horse" (Montreal) - See all my reviews
Ian Anderson made a solo album, you do not feel the intake of other musicians, no synergy. TAAB2 is a succession of songs, the transition between songs is not as fluid TAAB. However this would not matter if the songs were at least fresh and dynamic, I really loved ROOT TO BRANCHES, it was in 1995, a major CD made by JT. I also loved UNDER WRAPS although it was more electronic keyboard. I am open to what Ian Anderson can make excellent, but this time I do not have hung.

Thick As A Brick 2
Thick As A Brick 2 by Ian Anderson (Audio CD - 2012)