5.0 out of 5 stars Braun is best!
This is the 4th epilator I've owned in the past 12 years. My previous favorite was also a Braun, but I really wanted one you can use in the shower so switched to Panasonic for a while. I was never very happy with the performance of that so finally returned to Braun. I am so glad I did.

This device is powerful and effective. Love the way the 'engine' revs up...
Published 13 months ago by Dani_S

3.0 out of 5 stars Pain
It's great for getting rid of some body hair, but the pain.... Too painful! Tips: use some oil such as azulene or jojoba oil before using the epilator. It helps with minimizing the pain!
Published 3 months ago by Shu

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun is best!, March 23 2013
This review is from: Braun SE 7681 Silk-Epil Wet and Dry Epilator (Silver) (Health and Beauty)

This device is powerful and effective. Love the way the 'engine' revs up each time you start it up! It feels sturdy in the hand and is very well designed. It works well in the shower, where the light comes in very handy and is super bright. I find I get a better result if I use some shower gel on the head.

It works even more efficiently dry, especially after using the pre-epilating wipes that come with it.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a versatile, easy to use, effective epilator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Having recently purchased the Braun SE 7681 Silk-Epil, I must say I absolutely love it., Jan. 27 2013
I have already recommended this product to other women I know who struggle to remove facial hair. Over past years, I tried a number of other techniques: creams, lazer, shaving, and waxing. None of these techniques worked. The most expensive and possibly the least effective was lazer. Perhaps that was because my hair is blonde, therefore, lacking the pigment that is required for lazer therapy. I ended up resorting to shaving. However, my hair seemed to grow back very quickly, so my skin always felt rough and prickly--not very appealing for a woman. The epilator has been the most successful approach ever. My facial skin feels soft. The Braun epilator seems to hold its charge for a long time. I haven't tried it in the shower or onm wet skin..

4.0 out of 5 stars works great, but..., Oct. 21 2012
first of all, this epilator does its job well. second of all, in doing its job, it hurts like a %#@&!. the first time i used it, i was literally crying and going, "ow! ow! ow! ow!!" but if you're serious about removing hair, you'll grit your teeth and keep going, because this machine works.

a word of warning to anyone who suffers from ingrown hairs like i do: this will not stop them. in fact, after epilating for the first time, i was covered with even more, pus-filled ingrown hairs (charming, eh?!) the pus part of the reaction seems to be toning down now that i've epilated numerous times, but i'm glad i didn't epilate for the first time the day before an important event. the ingrowns are still in full force. since that is a personal issue and no fault of the epilator, i haven't taken it into account in my review.

my review is based on its performance (5*s), the length of time it holds its charge (4*s), and its ease of use (3*s because of the pain!). i would definitely recommend this model to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Epilady is great., Jan. 7 2013
Works great, easy to hold, and can use it in water. I have recommended this product to my daughter and sister.

5.0 out of 5 stars my wife love it, Nov. 8 2012
jose "jose" (toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
Great item at a good price, my wife love it but at the beginning was painful to use, she get use to it at the second time.

4.0 out of 5 stars No pain, no gain-Braun 7681 Epilator, Nov. 13 2012
I think I have a pretty good pain tolerance. I have waxed my own legs, underarms and bikini line, and I don't find that pain even close to unbearable. I do not think the pain is unique to this epilator, I think any device with 40+ tweezers yanking hair out at the same time will hurt. The first time I epilated my legs, my eyes watered. The first time I epilated my underarms it was torture. It felt like I was carving into my skin with a hot serrated knife. I have yet to attempt the bikini line...

BUT despite the pain, I had great results. And every time I go back to epilate again, it hurts a little less. The first time I used it I thought I'd have to return it because I didn't think I could get through the first epilating session, but once you do it is less painful than waxing.

Here's some tips for the first time:
1) There is a small window of perfect hair length for epilation. If the hair is too long it is much more painful. If the hair is too short the tweezers won't grab the hair. Err on the side of too short, in my opinion and if nothing happens try again in a day or two. For me, about 5 days after shaving is the best time. Approximately 1/8" I think...
2) Use the massage tip for your first time on your legs, and the underarm tip for your underarms. It makes a huge difference. The massage tip distracts from the pain a bit, especially in the super sensitive parts like knees and ankles. The underarm tip allows for more precision.
3) This particular epilator comes with Oil of Olay pre-epilation wipes. They work. I wouldn't have gotten through my first underarm epilation without them. Now I don't use them at all, but for the first time they are a must!
4) There are two speeds. I use the slower speed, and I find it more effective that way, and slightly less painful. It does take longer though.

Just some things about this epilator:
1) The light is bright enough to epilate in the dark if you really wanted to. My bathroom is poorly lit, so this is a plus.
2) It can be used in the shower or bath, which I'd imagine helps with the pain, although I've never tried it.
3) Shaver part isn't the greatest but it gets the job done.

TL;DR: First time is SUPER painful, each time thereafter is less so. It's worth the price and pain to not deal with stubble 5 hours after shaving or messy wax and creams. Before you give up, read my tips. I'd recommend this for sure as long as you can get past the initial epilation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!!, July 9 2013
I just received mine today and I love it! Really gets the tiny tiny hair that my other (Remington) epilator didnt catch. Cleaning is very easy. It's sure more expensive than other devices, but you definetly don't want a cheap one that will do a cheap job... And seriously, not having to shave everyday is ah-mazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent epilator, May 26 2013
Love this little do everything all in one epilator. Does not hurt at all but have not tried underarms yet. Great that I can take it into shower and cleans up very easily. Also rechargeable so no more hunting for batteries. I have been using this one for about a month now and am very happy that I chose this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Jan. 27 2014
This was a great investment. I found that after the initial one or two uses that it became less painful than waxing, and my hair grows back finer and less noticeable than from shaving.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pain, Dec 30 2013