5.0 out of 5 stars Braun is best!
This is the 4th epilator I've owned in the past 12 years. My previous favorite was also a Braun, but I really wanted one you can use in the shower so switched to Panasonic for a while. I was never very happy with the performance of that so finally returned to Braun. I am so glad I did.

This device is powerful and effective. Love the way the 'engine' revs up...
Published 18 months ago by Dani_S

3.0 out of 5 stars Pain
It's great for getting rid of some body hair, but the pain.... Too painful! Tips: use some oil such as azulene or jojoba oil before using the epilator. It helps with minimizing the pain!
Published 9 months ago by Shu

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun is best!, March 23 2013
This review is from: Braun SE 7681 Silk-Epil Wet and Dry Epilator (Silver) (Health and Beauty)

This device is powerful and effective. Love the way the 'engine' revs up each time you start it up! It feels sturdy in the hand and is very well designed. It works well in the shower, where the light comes in very handy and is super bright. I find I get a better result if I use some shower gel on the head.

It works even more efficiently dry, especially after using the pre-epilating wipes that come with it.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a versatile, easy to use, effective epilator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Having recently purchased the Braun SE 7681 Silk-Epil, I must say I absolutely love it., Jan. 27 2013
I have already recommended this product to other women I know who struggle to remove facial hair. Over past years, I tried a number of other techniques: creams, lazer, shaving, and waxing. None of these techniques worked. The most expensive and possibly the least effective was lazer. Perhaps that was because my hair is blonde, therefore, lacking the pigment that is required for lazer therapy. I ended up resorting to shaving. However, my hair seemed to grow back very quickly, so my skin always felt rough and prickly--not very appealing for a woman. The epilator has been the most successful approach ever. My facial skin feels soft. The Braun epilator seems to hold its charge for a long time. I haven't tried it in the shower or onm wet skin..

4.0 out of 5 stars If you've been waxing, you will laugh hard, July 18 2014
I have been waxing since I was 12 and I am now 30, so the hair on my legs have become very fine and scattered. I would also use simple tweezers now and then to remove the hair during long car trips. My mother insisted on me waxing because she said my hair would grow bigger and faster and would multiply with a razor. Anyway I decided to buy an epilator and I chose this one because I read it was one of the best. But some comments about the unbearable pain left me quite frightened...

This morning I tried it for the first time. I was ready for war, expecting the worst. But I felt nothing. NOTHING. So first I thought: ok this doesn't work, it's just a razor. But then I looked at the hair and saw some roots. And then I started feeling this very very mild pinch in the more sensitive zones. So yes it does work.

I am just astonished. I cannot believe how easy and painless it is to use this thing!! What a mess to wax in comparison, I'll never go back to waxing! I do see some hair that are just cut but I guess it's partly my fault since I tended to press the device against my skin at the beginning (do NOT press! Doesn't work if you press! It's written in the manual anyway).

So I don't know if it's the massage thingy in this epilator of if I have just lost sensitivity after 18 years of waxing, but seriously this is a winner. Very glad I bought it! And thank you mama for insisting on me waxing instead of shaving when I was a teenager. Now all this hard work pays off :D.

4.0 out of 5 stars No pain, no gain-Braun 7681 Epilator, Nov. 13 2012
I think I have a pretty good pain tolerance. I have waxed my own legs, underarms and bikini line, and I don't find that pain even close to unbearable. I do not think the pain is unique to this epilator, I think any device with 40+ tweezers yanking hair out at the same time will hurt. The first time I epilated my legs, my eyes watered. The first time I epilated my underarms it was torture. It felt like I was carving into my skin with a hot serrated knife. I have yet to attempt the bikini line...

BUT despite the pain, I had great results. And every time I go back to epilate again, it hurts a little less. The first time I used it I thought I'd have to return it because I didn't think I could get through the first epilating session, but once you do it is less painful than waxing.

Here's some tips for the first time:
1) There is a small window of perfect hair length for epilation. If the hair is too long it is much more painful. If the hair is too short the tweezers won't grab the hair. Err on the side of too short, in my opinion and if nothing happens try again in a day or two. For me, about 5 days after shaving is the best time. Approximately 1/8" I think...
2) Use the massage tip for your first time on your legs, and the underarm tip for your underarms. It makes a huge difference. The massage tip distracts from the pain a bit, especially in the super sensitive parts like knees and ankles. The underarm tip allows for more precision.
3) This particular epilator comes with Oil of Olay pre-epilation wipes. They work. I wouldn't have gotten through my first underarm epilation without them. Now I don't use them at all, but for the first time they are a must!
4) There are two speeds. I use the slower speed, and I find it more effective that way, and slightly less painful. It does take longer though.

Just some things about this epilator:
1) The light is bright enough to epilate in the dark if you really wanted to. My bathroom is poorly lit, so this is a plus.
2) It can be used in the shower or bath, which I'd imagine helps with the pain, although I've never tried it.
3) Shaver part isn't the greatest but it gets the job done.

TL;DR: First time is SUPER painful, each time thereafter is less so. It's worth the price and pain to not deal with stubble 5 hours after shaving or messy wax and creams. Before you give up, read my tips. I'd recommend this for sure as long as you can get past the initial epilation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!!, July 9 2013
I just received mine today and I love it! Really gets the tiny tiny hair that my other (Remington) epilator didnt catch. Cleaning is very easy. It's sure more expensive than other devices, but you definetly don't want a cheap one that will do a cheap job... And seriously, not having to shave everyday is ah-mazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device! Better than expected, June 25 2014
I had never even heard of an epilator until I met my husband a few years ago, but even then I had never seen one. It was until about a month ago I was talking to my mother-in-law about how little hair she has and she sung the praises of epilating. Her advice was "It's worth spending a little more to get a good epilator. It's painful but you get used to it." Lately it seemed that every lady I talked to was a pro-epilator lady! I tossed the idea around for a few weeks not wanting to invest in something I would chicken out and not use, but also not wanting to save money at the sake of a good experience.

So I finally did it! It arrived quickly and that same night I used it. I took the advice of some other posters and heated my legs with a blowdryer just a bit before trying it out. We even had a video camera out to tape my first torture experience with this tool. Except it was a bit of a let-down because the pain was entirely tolerable and not that bad. I did an entire leg with the massager attachment. It took a bit longer than I expected, but overall the pain wasn't so bad. The other leg I used the efficiency attachment and it definitely got more bang for your buck and hurt a bit more, but still tolerable. I was very impressed with the battery life. My husband commented that it lasts a lot longer than his trimmer.

I tried out the trimmer as well. Great attachment! Makes a difference. Longer hair definitely hurts worse to pull.

I don't know if everyone's first experience with epilating was as tame as mine, but if it's the device that made it better, Cheers to Braun! I have no problem integrating this into my life. I think the wet feature will be great for the shower. Afterwards I spoke with my family and it turns out my sister-in-law has this same model and she's very happy with it too! Right now I'm feeling pretty great about my decision to just do it. Invested well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Epilady is great., Jan. 7 2013
Works great, easy to hold, and can use it in water. I have recommended this product to my daughter and sister.

5.0 out of 5 stars my wife love it, Nov. 8 2012
jose "jose" (toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
Great item at a good price, my wife love it but at the beginning was painful to use, she get use to it at the second time.

4.0 out of 5 stars works great, but..., Oct. 21 2012
first of all, this epilator does its job well. second of all, in doing its job, it hurts like a %#@&!. the first time i used it, i was literally crying and going, "ow! ow! ow! ow!!" but if you're serious about removing hair, you'll grit your teeth and keep going, because this machine works.

a word of warning to anyone who suffers from ingrown hairs like i do: this will not stop them. in fact, after epilating for the first time, i was covered with even more, pus-filled ingrown hairs (charming, eh?!) the pus part of the reaction seems to be toning down now that i've epilated numerous times, but i'm glad i didn't epilate for the first time the day before an important event. the ingrowns are still in full force. since that is a personal issue and no fault of the epilator, i haven't taken it into account in my review.

my review is based on its performance (5*s), the length of time it holds its charge (4*s), and its ease of use (3*s because of the pain!). i would definitely recommend this model to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent epilator, May 26 2013
Love this little do everything all in one epilator. Does not hurt at all but have not tried underarms yet. Great that I can take it into shower and cleans up very easily. Also rechargeable so no more hunting for batteries. I have been using this one for about a month now and am very happy that I chose this one.

Braun SE 7681 Silk-Epil Wet and Dry Epilator (Silver)
CDN$ 139.99 CDN$ 119.22