5.0 out of 5 stars Old School Gameplay in a Beautiful Package
Published 19 months ago by Stephen

3.0 out of 5 stars partly a pokemon style
animation is great, story is so good.. but after a while playing it became repetitive and annoying to be battleling the sames characters over and over.. even when the 'pokemon' addtion of 'catch new' and make them gain experience it was not as good as pokemon in a way that keep you interested in keep gething more an new ones..
Published 8 months ago by Cesar

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School Gameplay in a Beautiful Package, Jan. 24 2013
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
I'll start off with addressing the feature that most people are getting this game for: the visuals. With designs and cinematics by Studio Ghibli, this is simply one of the most visually stunning games in anyone's collection. The world and characters are filled with so much charm, you'll instantly be sucked in. The story is a tad on the juvenile side and the voicework takes a little to get used to, but after a while it won't matter; you'll eventually be absorbed into a wonderful journey.

The gameplay is a mix of the Tales of series with a little bit of Pokemon. There's so many creatures to collect and have them do battle; You'll definitely have a couple of favourites! Overall, this game remined me of what RPG's used to be when I was younger: charm, a great world map, open travel, interesting characters. I'm definitely recommending this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game. One you can't miss., Feb. 13 2013
This review is from: Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
This is a must buy for any JRPG lover. Don't be fooled by the kiddish design, or by anyone who says that this game is meant for kids. It's suitable for all ages, be they children or adults who can still appreciate the childhood they once had. The story is great, not New York Times Bestselling novel great, but it provides a heartwarming and engaging experience. The gameplay is superb, with the familiars adding a lot of diversity. However, the game itself isn't overly difficult, so if you dislike that this may not be your cup of tea. One of its best characteristics is the art design. Made by Studio Ghibli, it essentially looks like a film that they would make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game overall: for JRPG noobies too..., Jan. 29 2013
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
I know I am one! Never played the genre before so I needed a little bit of adaptation for the gameplay style and written dialogue. But the game do a really good job of taking your hand from start with a gradual tutorial implementing the gameplay. Obviously, the visuals are superb. The story reminds me of the anime back in my own childhood. The child missing one parent, two parents and all that stuff about separation anxiety... A great, different experience so far.

EDIT: After 35 hours in I went from 4 stars fun to 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game!, Jan. 4 2014
This review is from: Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
I love this game one of the best j rpg i have playe don ps3 def worth it !! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best PS3 game, July 28 2014
This review is from: Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
Probably my favorite game for the PS3. I love classic JRPGs and this one brought me back to when they were story driven, fantasy games with character development, and charm. Unlike most current JRPGs, this game is fun from start to finish and doesn't try to impress you with more weapon customization or more stat augmentation, but instead has you learn new things about the world and keeps the story going strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any rpg lover, May 31 2014
This review is from: Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
Endless fun for this classic style RGP. The story line is awesome and the game play is addictive. This is definitely one of my top 5 ps3 games and anyone who love RPGS should get it asap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty game, strangely addicting., May 26 2014
This review is from: Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
Never been much int these games, but for the deal it had and the amount of friends I seen playing it, I couldn't help but grab it.

Though I never did complete it to this day, the time I did spend playing it I always enjoyed.

The colours are beautiful, the story is emotional, and the gameplay is easy.

I think it's just a personal preference that I end up forgetting how fun these games are until I push myself enough to put it back in my machine. Because they aren't my usual choice, I tend to drift off back to my other games and leave these to collect dust until one day returning and getting glued to it again for another short while.

Great game so far though, lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, May 18 2014
This review is from: Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
This game is refreshing it holds up to old school standards with story and artwork that is bound to please,for a while some of the games I was playing were losing that edge good but not all encompassing this brought all the elements i enjoy back together!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent RPG, May 11 2014
This review is from: Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
Purchased to fulfill my RPG itch. Although it was a well made game I just couldn't get myself to like the characters or the story line. If you wanted a nice RPG for the kids to get their feet wet; this is the one; but if you like something a little less... childish. then I would have to say pass. Please notice that I did rank it as 4 stars;I didn't like what they did with the game, but it doesn't change the fact that the developers did a very good job in creating this anime movie like world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, May 5 2014
This review is from: Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
The game arrived promptly along with my pre-order freebie. Other than the hard level cap required to beat the final boss, it's a fun game

Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Ni no Kuni - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition by Namco Bandai (PlayStation 3)
CDN$ 19.99