5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!
Published 21 months ago by Jarvy74

3.0 out of 5 stars Surpassed my Expectations Thus Far..
Published 11 months ago by A.Achibald

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, July 7 2012
This review is from: RECHARGEABLE Stubborn Dog Remote Training Shock Vibration Collar (Misc.)
I wasn't expecting much when purchasing this product as I have tried some much more expensive collars from the "big name" companies, well I tell you this one actually WORKED on my stubborn Lab/Sheppard mix! He had a jumping up problem that was getting out of control, this collar resolved it in a day! now he sits and waits to be pet like a normal dog :) I use shock for bad/unwanted behavior and vibrate to get his attention when he's not listening. Now I am using it on our Pug mix to control his excessive barking, its taking a little longer but its working.

The product itself isn't as tough as some other products, definitely not for sport training, but its not bad. I'm finding the charge last about two days, so just charge it at night and your good to go,

For the price its been the best purchase for my dogs I have ever made!, we can take them places now and people actually enjoy them as hes not jumping and hurting people anymore!! YAY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Training Collar, May 14 2012
PRODUCT: Works great. There's a vibration button and 6 shock buttons (#6 being the strongest). Also comes with 2 rubber caps to cover the steal pins so you're pet won't get zapped by accident. I tested #1. Plenty of zap for a 22 lb dog. There is no way I'd go any higher. Only downfall is that the collar is a bit too big. We've made it as small as possible but still to large for our 22 lb dog. Had to sew it a bit smaller.

RESULT: We put the collar on; let him out; bark, bark, bark. Pushed the Vibration button - he didn't respond. Pushed the vibration button a second time - still no response. Pushed #1 and it scared the poop out of him! That was about 3 weeks ago. He's only ever had one zap. Now, when he goes out, we put the collar on and he hardly ever barks. If he starts barking, we push the vibration button and he stops immediately. And we have covered the steal pins so he can't get zapped by accident. This item has been a life saver!

3.0 out of 5 stars Surpassed my Expectations Thus Far.., May 14 2013
My fiance and I were about to purchase an electronic collar from PetSmart priced at $220. After travelling an hour to the store to find they didn't have any in stock, we decided to look on line. Hubby came across this collar and bought it, thinking if it's a complete failure it's better to be out $50 rather than $220 - especially because we only have 1 dog so if one fails, we have a back-up.

The collar arrived promptly within 1 week to Northern Canada, with all the parts mentioned. I found the directions and information to be very sparse, but regardless it's pretty straight forward. We fitted one to our dog, a 1.5 yr old 55 pound male Siberian Husky, and removed it to charge it for the recommended 8 hours. The next day, excited to use it, I put it on my dog and we went out on our walk. I walk him on a 60 ft lead as we live on a farm, and the reason for purchasing this collar is to break his fixations and disinterest in "come" when loose. If you know anything about Huskies, you know they're prone to wander and after extensive training and no luck with the off-leash 'come', we resulted to this collar due to living right next to a highway and fearing he will get hit or cause an accident. I introduced this collar on the 60-ft leash to help him bridge the understanding, rather than setting him up for immediate failure.

So, when I stopped and asked him to come while he was at the end of the 60 ft leash, he looked at me and began to walk off. I used the Vibration button, and he immediately stopped, looking confused. I repeated my command and he began to walk off again, so I used the Vibration again and he immediately retreated. I praised, and we carried on with our walk. I was very pleased with the product, but as the walk went on and I used the collar again, he didn't listen - not even to the 'shock'. I had him come back by pulling him in, and removed the collar and pressed the buttons to ensure it was working. Vibration.. worked.. Low shock.. worked.. High shock.. didn't work.. pressed it again.. it worked. Feeling discouraged, we went home.

Once arriving home, I decided to try flipping the collar so that it was on the back of his neck, rather than on his throat - which is covered in a lot of hair and extra skin. Immediate results. We went for a walk again, with much better results however I did have to tie a knot in the collar as even at the tightest setting, it would still slide to his throat rather than stay in place.

Regardless, I wasn't expecting much and i'm very impressed thus far and I can't wait to graduate to working on 'come' off-leash in an enclosed area and eventually in the open on our farm. At this point, my only complaint is that the collars aren't very adjustable for smaller necks, and it seems that sometimes the buttons need to be pushed 2-3x before they work - even on an active dog (the info sheet says it goes into 'sleep' mode when it doesn't sense movement).

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, Nov. 29 2012
It is the only way to control my dog. When she is outside, she is totally out of control and barking loudly. It is really working on her. No more barking. And safe for dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, June 15 2013
C. Sakkit (Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
My 3 year old pug does this yelping / barking in her outdoor run. We had tried lots of things to make her stop, but the only thing that would work, would be to bring her back into the house, like she wanted....thus rewarding her behaviour. Initially I did not want to buy this as I think it is inhumane to "shock" your dog. However desperate times called. Bought the collar and put it on her. She started her barking / yelping routine. I vibrated the collar three times. She did not stop. Shocked her with the number 1 setting which is the lowest. She yelped and quieted down. The next day when she was out in her run again, she started. Put the collar on her and vibrated it once....she stopped without having to be shocked. It has now got to the point when she starts barking / yelping, I only have to put the collar on her and she stops immediately, I dont even use the vibration anymore. A very useful product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, numbers incorrectly labelled., April 2 2013
This seems to work fairly well, that being said mine came with 1,2,3 and 4,5,6 flipped so that pressing 1 really gives the shock of 4 and 4 gives the shock of one.

Levels 1, 2 and 3 should be down the left side of the remote if you're looking straight at it. I tested every level of shock on myself and am certain that this one is messed up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Oct. 6 2012
i read the other reviews about this product and thought it would be good for my dog,we have had her for 5 years she was a rescue dog so not trained by us, she is a jack russell/border collie x,and just awful to take for a walk, she pulls all the time and is so strong she actually choke's herself with a choker collar on, barks all the time at other dogs,plus tries to chase trucks whilst on the leash,just terrible...but wow after i buzzed her just once on number 1 what a diffrent dog to walk,i warned her,then i gave her the vibrate buzz,then i shocked her at number 1,and number 1 is a shock, when i did it to myself holding the collar it made me drop the collar,i would not advise any higher than number 1,

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS WONDERS FOR MY XLG YELLOW LAB, July 30 2013
I was skeptical and very nervous about using one of these collars on my 1 yr old extra large lab pup. Molly is a handful weighing in at 80 lbs. She is a very good dog when all her puppy friends aren't around but her attention to my voice with them was terrible. When she was running with her puppy friends I knew I needed to get voice control in order to teach her and to keep her safe. Did I also mention that she is also very strong minded girl?!

I recieved the package exactly when they said it would be delivered. After charging it overnight (very basic), I tried the collar on my leg to see what it feels like. I could not see myself going over #1 shock...and I never have. Unlike other reviews, the buttons seem to work in the order that they should #6 being the most intence shock.

Using a training lead (around the other crazy puppies), to show her to listen to me, and what the "come" command is, then the feel of the vibrate to get her attention. She was a little startled and confused when she first felt it and scurried back to my side for about 20 minutes or so. Then when she was comfortable again I let her off the lead and let her run with her "puppy pack" through the field. I would vibrate the collar to get her attention and to my surprise after only using the collar for 2 nights (only 2 times at #1 shock), she soon got it and realized to stop whatever she was doing and to come back to my side when I called. She now comes when called with and without the collar. Training in progress!

I am very very pleased with this item. Two of my friends who also purchased this item for barking and recall, have also had great success.

Molly and I (and our neighbours!) thank you very much. Our walks through the open fields/dog run are now much more enjoyable with less shouting. Our dogs are learning obedience and good manners with a simple vibrate on their collars instead of losing our voices and patience.

NOTE: since purchasing this first collar it stopped working. But it made such a difference, I purchased a second one from AMAZON and it came once again on time, charged and ready to go. Working so well!!! Thank you!!
Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, reliable, basic function. It is all you need., June 11 2013
This collar doesn't have the flashy features or style but it has great basic functionality for a great price. Unlike other models, the collar stays on at all times so no pairing or turning on is required. This is key because if its not on, it won't work. I have had it for a couple weeks and the first charge still hasn't died. Wow! The vibrate function is (in my opinion) better for training than a beep. Use your voice as a warning and the vibrate works most of the time as a punishment. Soon your dog will be reacting to your voice, not a beep. Easy!

The bad = BE AWARE of the fact that the shock levels are labelled improperly. There are two strengths of single pulse shock...4 being the lowest, and 1 the highest. Level 5 is low level, two pulse; level 6 is low level, three pulse; level 2 is high level, 2 pulse; level 3 is high level, three pulse. I tried it out on myself and 1,2, and 3 are all very powerful. Level 4, 5,and 6 are appropriate for most corrections.

The vibrate button is sometimes difficult to reach. It is smaller and tucked away. Easy to hit shock by mistake. The remote is also a little large, however I have discovered it works well without the goofy antennae.

Overall I am very happy with this particularly with the price tag. It works much better than many brand name collars I have used and if used properly, your dog should respond well.

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest review, March 11 2013
Let me set one thing straight. I hate using it. But it's a necessity.

I have a biter. She bites kids and my other pet, a cat. She'll run far from the house when I let her out. It's not an overly busy street I live on, but the odd idiot does fly down the street. Yes, this is a roadkill disaster waiting to happen.

I've used it twice so far and my current dog is already listening better.

For all the naysayers claiming "pet cruelty" and such, I really hope the animal lovers reading this snub whatever snide, irrelevant comments they make. Better to inflict a little pain with this device than to have a dead dog flattened by a truck for refusing to listen to me when I call her.

As for training, you don't think a live person trainer will inflict pain when necessary on a dog? Think again. I went through that process, and if my other dog bit, you're damn right that trainer would grab its "lip skin" under its canines to inflict enough pain to teach it a lesson.

And remember, dogs are not humans. Stop treating them as if they are "little people" capable of understanding English!

ARRAY(0xb3c2615c)