Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Format: Blu-rayChange

on June 18, 2012
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is a very successful sequel that lives up to the first one and keeps the franchise interesting. When I say successful I'm not just referring to the box office, I'm talking about a rich story with great action that will have you coming back again and again well after the mystery is solved. While this story is a bit darker than the first film it fits perfectly because Sherlock has finally met his match in Professor Moriarty and the mind games these two play with each other takes Sherlock past his limits to outwit the only man who can outwit him and try to prevent a world war. The perfect duo of Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law keep the humor coming in a way only they can deliver without ruining the seriousness of the movie. I highly recommend this movie to everyone even if you haven't seen the first one, it's not necessary but does help in establishing some character relations.
on March 27, 2013
Although I'm not very familiar with the older incarnations of Sherlock Holmes, I would like to get into them some day to see the first actors to bring this amazing sleuth to life. I enjoyed both of Guy Ritchie's action-packed versions of Sherlock Holmes, and Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows is definitely my favourite of the two. Part of what makes these two films so awesome is the chemistry between the cast members. It's rare to see movies these days where everything between the cast members worked. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law made fantastic partners--hell, they were one of the highlights of the first film, in my opinion. The chemistry between Holmes and Moriarty was just as appealing and fun to watch, and it shined during the showdown at the falls. The action was well-done, and of course, the music, done by one of my all-time favourite composers, Hans Zimmer, was AWESOME as usual.
This movie is definitely among my favourites of 2011, and the soundtrack also remains one of my favourite soundtracks alongside 'The Dark Knight' soundtrack. This is a great (and clean!) action movie that any family with kids around the age of ten should enjoy.
P.S.: I also received this DVD in perfect condition.
**** out of *****
"Lie down with me, Watson."
TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 15, 2013
Watson and Holmes ate at it once more and the game is afoot. Do not think of this as a sequel to the 2009 movie or relating to the books. It is more of a tongue-n-cheek Bond with lots of action. Moriarty is his own megalomaniac self. We get to travel all over Europe in 1891 or a reasonable facsimile.

The year is 1891. France and Germany are at each other's throats. There is a series of bombings. Most people pin it on anarchists. But Holmes has a different theory; we know what that theory is. We get to go along as Holmes proves his theory. What about Dr. Watson? Well it seems he's getting married. Will this throw a wrench into the works? And how can the new Mrs. Watson felt the Sherlock's brother is fond of her?

of the new Mrs. Watson
? One thing I appreciate in movies is placing the names of the actors/characters next to their picture so we are sure who they are.
on March 30, 2014
I love both Sherlock movies in this series. We watched this movie in the theatres and loved it. When both Sherlock movies came on sale at Christmas for $2.97 each, they were the first two items added to our Amazon order and they made great stocking stuffers. Thanks Amazon.
on February 20, 2015
An excellent 2nd outing for Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. I like their take on the "Holmes-Watson" personas. Good acting and plenty of action/special effects, interesting plots and looks great on Blu Ray, the DVD is also excellent for both sound and video.
on November 26, 2012
- Spoiler alert- If you enjoyed the first Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law this second one will not disappoint! There is even more action and suspense with enough humor to keep you smiling. I dare say that I actually enjoyed it more than the first as did many of my friends. And I'm sure we have not seen the last of the lovely Rachel McAdams either. Can't wait for the next installment as I'm sure there will be one now that Moriarity is in the picture.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 13, 2013
Watching this you wonder where it's going and it does drag in bits, but the payoff is pretty satisfying. All in all a good sequel and the introduction of Jared Harris (the English guy in "Mad Men") as Moriarity is brilliant casting.

The extras are worth getting the DVD for. They're all short and sweet but offer great insight into the Holmes-Watson relationship, the use of chess onscreen and off-, and a breakdown of the Holmes-a-vision special effects.
on July 21, 2012
I saw this film at the cinema, and just like the first Downey Holmes, every time you see it you actually see all kinds of things you didn't notice before. Just like the first film , there are great characters, and an interesting tale with twists and turns. This is a very entertaining film, drama with humour mixed in.
on March 2, 2014
Never seen this movie before. Bought becasue my daughter loves this movie and the currant TV show of the same name. Absoultely loved it!! Witty, comedy, action etc. with an odd ball detective make it a A+ in my opionion.
on December 27, 2012
Loved the twists and turns, and the great character development in this part 2 of the Robert Downery Jr. taking on the role of Sherlock. The action in this film, and action sequences make it a really enjoyable movie!