5.0 out of 5 stars Easy
Bought this for a family member who lives in Canada but I'm in the US. I just needed their address and the rest was simple.
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars could not use for US address
First I tried unsuccessfully to order kindle books on line and have them delivered to my daughter in the US
Then I phoned and asked about giving 2 kindle books as a gift to my daughter in the US. I was told that was not possible, but I could purchased a gift card and she could use the card to buy the books..

She was unable to do that so eventually she...
Published 6 months ago by Karin McMurchy

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Oct. 25 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Gift, Feb. 24 2014
I purchased a couple of gift cards for a Christmas Gift for my son and his girlfriend. They loved it. They love the Amazon site and often make on line purchases. So, it was ideal. It was late in Dec when I ordered the cards but they did arrive before Christmas. Thanks Amazon for your reliability.

1.0 out of 5 stars could not use for US address, Jan. 10 2014

She was unable to do that so eventually she ordered some books to be delivered to someone in Canada. Certainly not what I had intended.

Karin McMurchy

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon.ca left me bitter and angry with the level of ineptitude and apathy shown., Feb. 18 2014
I ordered this card... received confirmation that it was shipped (manually... i.e. a physical card via mail).
Then received a notice that they were "sorry" that I had cancelled the order and that they would be refunding my account. I thought that perhaps there was some mistake and so I left it for a day or two.
I then received notice from the recipient that they received it so I thought all was well...
Then I saw the transaction reversed in my credit card... so I followed up via online chat.
The rep told me to give him a few minutes to investigate. He came back and confidently told me that they had reversed the order because I had requested it. I denied this profusely and he put me on hold again for several minutes. he came back and said... "sorry... it was erroneous information" they had tested the card prior to shipping it and it was found to be faulty...
I waited for more detail and when it did not come I exclaimed "why did you ship it!!!!"
Then he proceeded to tell me that he could fix it by having me transact it again but this time they would email the code directly to me. I was incredulous! What use would that be!?!?!?!? I needed it to go to the recipient I sent it to!!! So then the genius suggested... because I obviously had not thought of this in my infinite lack of technological knowledge... that he could email the recipient the code!!!!!! Brilliant!!!! But of course... the whole reason I had sent it as a physical card was because the recipient did not use email!!!! and was not a keen user of technology in general. The card was meant to facilitate a method to have her easily find someone to help her place an order. Such is the issue when dealing with the less technologically inclined.
I was upset because I had sent the card as a surprise to this person and I chose the form for the delivery specifically to meet that particular need. That was my prerogative and the customer service people simply decided that they knew what was best for me. Typical of the socialist mindset... no disrespect to socialists.
I was mad at the mistake... the insinuation that I had cancelled it... the obvious cover up by some idiot internally who had made the mistake... the insinuation that I was an idiot because I did not choose to email it in the first place and then... the insult of an offer of a $5 or $10 promotional gift card to make up for the inconvenience. They also were willing to give me 1 day free shipping which I found ironic since I get 2 day free delivery because I am a Prime member anyway.
I feel that Amazon.ca should have sent out a new card immediately at their expense. Period. They disagreed.
Not that it matters to them but I currently and will permanently remain a staunch abstainer of the use of Amazon.ca until they make full reparations. Amazon.com have bent over backwards to assist me with issues. I have never had an issue with the service at Amazon .com. I spend thousands a year through them as an Amazon Prime member.
At the end of the day... if you can't supply the service you advertise... don't advertise it. If you screw up and break it... own it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of the gift card, Feb. 24 2014
I bought this gift card for my mom as a late Christmas gift and she loved it. I recommend this to anyone who doesn't like buying physical things for someone and would prefer a gift card.

5.0 out of 5 stars gift giving, Feb. 23 2014
Sometimes it's hard knowing what to buy a person. With an Amazon Gift Card it's easy to order and you can have it delivered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenience for a gift-giver who cannot pick an age approate gift, Feb. 20 2014
With many gifts to give, this is a convient and speedy way to complete your holiday obligation. Amazon"s wide selection provides
gifts appropriate for all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Gift, Jan. 20 2014
Karen Goyette (Ottawa ON Canada) - See all my reviews
My daughter requested a gift certificate to help pay for a large "mix master". She was extremely happy to receive her gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars The gift card was great, Jan. 20 2014
This review is from: Amazon.ca Gift Card - $50 (Christmas Tree design) (Paper Gift Certificate)
I was vvery pleased with the card. It was my firsttime to order one and it was very suitable and came exactly when promised

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect and on time, Jan. 19 2014
Just that - exactly perfectly what I needed and on time with when they said. I would highly recommend it.

Amazon.ca Gift Card - $50 (Christmas Tree design)
CDN$ 50.00