5.0 out of 5 stars Happy gamer, July 7 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: MSI GT70 0NC-002US 17.3-Inch HD, Intel Core i7-3610QM, nVidia GTX670M 3G, 12GB RAM, 750GB HDD, SuperMulti DVD, Windows 7 (Black) (Electronics)
Im really happy with this computer. It plays every game I've tried on max settings (dragon age 2, skyrim with high res pack, diablo 3, sc2, kings of amalur, etc). I have no tried crysis 2 or anything that demanding yet though. The keyboard is cool but I don't know how useful it is. You have to press the keys a bit hard when gaming, but you get used to it. They work fine but if your press slightly lightens your character stops walking when holding W or something. The laptop has to be plugged in if you want to play on Max settings. The screen is great. The anti glare and HD really helps for gaming.

I was torn between this and the similar level samsung republic of gamers one. I went with this because it had slightly better stats, and I'm glad I did.

The sound on it is great and the extra touch buttons at the top are handy. The disc tray DOES have an eject button, I don't know why the YouTube review says it doesn't.

The hard drive comes partitioned and you have a free slot for another 4gb ram stick for a total of 16gb.

I was sceptical about the gaming Internet speed boost software. I forget what it's called. But I have never disconnected or had problems with connection once and my old laptop did occasionally.

The keyboard has a button to disable the track pad which is great for gaming with a mouse. No more accidental clicks or mouse movements!

It has a turbo button which I THINK over clocks it for a speed boost, but I've never had a need to press it. The fans can get a bit loud but they never bother me, especially because the speakers go much louder or I play with a headset. I've had zero temperature problems.

The bad: it's very heavy. The power supply is huge. It has to be plugged in to game.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, May 4 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Windows rates it over 7.2 on every thing other the hard drive witch is 5.9.,.,.,. But all my games included RIFT ( in the main city) run maxed out and still have over 30 fps and it cant go higher.,.,.,. Highly remended .,.,., it is shipped dubbed boxed.,.,.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but one niggling issue that is enoying, May 26 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I had just bought an Asus g74sx but the space bar did not work properly. I originally chose the Asus due to some of the reported issued with the MSI keyboards. I chose to wait for the Ivy Bridge processor units and picked up the gt70 once they were released. Impressed with the computer. On paper the MSI is a much better computer than the g74 I had but I don't notice much of a difference but I guess it might be there. What I do like is the keyboard seems much better on the MSI and the anti glare screen is a nice perk. With the better GPU and matte screen and the fact that the the gt70 was almost $100 cheaper than the similarly speced g75 (the MSI has better spec's and cheaper) it was a pretty easy choice to pick the MSI and I don't regret it. The two point I do have to give the Asus is that they look much better than the MSI. The MSI looks kind of bleh. The Asus are very sharp. Also the Asus is much much much more quiet and efficient at keeping everything cooled off. The fan on the MSI quite strong but it does make quite a bit of noise when you run something intense (games).

The one problem. 1/3 of my keyboard does not light up the apropriate colour. It displays most of the colour as purple. I just set them all to white and they all display the same colour. I would return it but I have already gone through that I and I have just been without a comp for well over a month so I am going to keep it as is and just suck it up. It does bother me though because I would like to make the keys red or orange but they don't appear properly on a 1/3 so white it is.