Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: Video GameChange
Price:$53.88+ Free shipping

on December 21, 2012
No matter what, there are going to be haters.
The whole Treyarch VS Infinity Ward thing is petty, so I don't worry about that stuff. I like them both, I am a CoD fan, and I love the engine the way it is.

That being said, this edition of CoD is superior to all others.
I give Black Ops 2 five stars.

Multiplayer gameplay:
Some things that I personally have noticed with this CoD:
- They have improved the response of the Ballistic Knife, making it actually useful and good.
- They have improved the trajectory of the Combat Axe, making it fly with reduced arch, making Combat Axe kills at long ranges a lot better.
- They also patched the Combat axe making it quieter/stealthier.
- If you quit a lobby because the other players are skilless campers, and search for a new game, it doesn't typically put you back in the same lobby you just left.
- Pistols seem much more lethal to me, and are very fast to ADS. (Seems faster than other CoD's, but not sure)
- Hit boxes seem to be tighter, making headshots headshots and bodyshots boddyshots even on moving targets
- Muting entire lobbies is super fast with only two button clicks.
- Muting single players in lobbies is cumbersome
- Players who Gold all items in a weapons catagoy get the recognition with Diamond Camo.
- The Pick 10 system is well designed and allows for total customization with balance
- You can opt to only carry one weapon, or none at all, and use the slots for other perks, etc. (Knifers rejoice)

My only gripes are these:
- Still no infinite sprint. (Worst decision ever)
- Melee is difficult with ZERO lunge of any kind. (Takes some getting used to)
- Akimbo pistols will not allow for a second attachment (Silencers, ext mags, etc)
- Perks are perks, there is no pro upgrade based on performance.
- The Video Vault is not accessible like it was in Blops 1. It is a pain in the butt to file vids away and keep track for later uploading.
- Nuketown 2025 is a stand-alone map that NEVER goes into rotation in regular FFA gameplay. You must go to a Nuketown Lobby and you are forced to play game types that you may not be interested in. (I exclusively play Free For All and Kill Confirmed)
- Some maps are left out of the FFA rotation. (Drone, Turbine, etc)

I encourage you to check out my Youtube videos if you want to see the Combat Axe and the Ballistic Knife in action. Search for "StabbyMcHatchet Montage".

I have only played the first couple levels of the Campaign, but one change that I LOVE that they implemented with the campaign was something I have ALWAYS wished for: You can create a class for the campaign!

Being a Combat Axe fanatic, I played the Campaign just long enough to unlock the Combat Axe by meeting the challenges outlined in the guide book. I am saving the campaign play for later if I get bored or frustrated with the Multiplayer, so that is all I will say about it. But I am happy that I can use the Combat Axe in Campaign gameplay when I decide to do it.

Anyways, this is 10 out of 10 for Multiplayer, IMO. Get it if you're a CoD fan or if you're an FPS fan at all. GOTY.
on December 7, 2012
Finally they stepped up their game. The past few call of dutys have been painful to play and every year we hope for a game like this one to come out. Thank the lord. I won't need to buy any more call of dutys. This game is difficult and I don't recommend it to a new call of duty player, but if you have a little experience then it is extremely fun (I'm talking about multiplayer here).
on April 24, 2013
While I have enjoyed playing the call of duty series for many years, I must admit, the games are getting repetitive. This game is a repackaged version of the original black ops, in a futuristic environment, and some slight improvements.

- Wide selection of (for the most part) balanced guns
- Large variety of maps
- Fun and original "campaign" mode
- an interesting and new take on the classic "zombies" mode

- double the price of black ops 1 with few new features
- lag has somehow managed to worsen
- quickly becomes boring, repetitive and frustrating.

It's a fun game, but lacks creativity. If you own any other modern COD game, you'll be disappointed with the similarities. If you are new to the franchise, I recommend any of the older iterations of the game. It is definitely a fun game, and if you have the money to spend, buy it, but it is not the ground-breakingly new game that I was hoping for.
on December 7, 2012
This game is all around awesome. Although i spend 95% of the time in multiplayer, the campaign is okay, with a somewhat boring storyline, but with never ending fun playthroughs. The graphics are full HD brilliant. They've added Kill Confirmed and League Play to multiplayer. Kill Confirmed seems to be my favorite where you collect enemy dog tags. League Play is a great idea, where you get to play against others at the same skill level as yourself. But, not too many people play it yet i've noticed. All around a great game, you will not regret buying it if you're an xbox live gamer!

Update: The new DLC "Revolution" has just been released and it's pretty good. It offers 4 new multiplayer maps and 2 new zombie modes, 1 new map. You can play as a zombie at the diner, which is different and refreshing. With 4 players, one person is the human and others are zombies. Whoever kills the human becomes human. With every kill you cycle to a better gun. Whoever spends the most time as a human wins. The new multiplayer maps seem smaller than the originals to me, but fun nonetheless. The dlc also comes with a new gun, the Peacekeeper. The only tidbit that bothers me is that there is only 3 modes on Core as of yet.
The new zombie world "A great leap forward" or something to that affect, is very confusing. You have to jump from floor to floor, building to building. I am still just figuring it out. There are some special guns and items you can build, i don't want to spoil it but they're pretty great. Hint: The mystery box is on the ceiling ;)
on January 9, 2013
I bought this game as a Christmas gift for my grandson, I really loved the fact that I could pay for it and send it to another address. My grandson (age 13) really enjoys the game and plays it almost totally now. He finds it very challenging, and almost real.
on March 8, 2013
The campaign is quite good, i can see that they put a lot of effort in it and it is quite fun and interesting to play with, but the multiplayer is just like every other call of duty, theres not much new in the game and the game mechanics are mostly the same as the others ones. And for the zombies, it just doesn't feel the same, they made it too easy and the map is only based on the easter eggs.

In terms of shipping, it is very good, it delivered extremely quickly and had a bubble wrap protection.
on March 25, 2013
Very disappointed with the substance in COD BO2.
Sure the graphics are cutting edge, but if the game isn't good, the great looks will not suffice.
It is far to short, doesn't have any in game challenges besides the main objective, but the biggest downfall is Zombies.
What a totally useless game, is no fun, and has no point or goal.
I also thought that the makers are getting very cheap not including some sort of instruction booklet.
Overall a failure, sticking with Modern Warfare.
on January 12, 2013
The storyline is entertaining and graphics are fantastic, multiplayer is wicked - refreshing with new weapons etc. The new feature (control troops from the air) sucks - turning more into a strategy game as opposed to a first person shooter. The part in the multi player where your perks and weapon attachments have to fight for space sucks. (Scribed from the man to whom I gave this game as a gift)
on January 13, 2013
In the beginning, quite intense; everything coming at me but it didn't take long before I got right into it...Love it!!!
on January 29, 2013
When I got this game. Faster then expected. I wasn't expecting it to be in the plastic wrapping still. But it was. There was nothing wrong with the package. No damage at all. I'm glad I picked this seller out of the rest.