Most helpful positive review
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
Best CoD yet
on December 21, 2012
No matter what, there are going to be haters.
The whole Treyarch VS Infinity Ward thing is petty, so I don't worry about that stuff. I like them both, I am a CoD fan, and I love the engine the way it is.
That being said, this edition of CoD is superior to all others.
I give Black Ops 2 five stars.
Some things that I personally have noticed with this CoD:
- They have improved the response of the Ballistic Knife, making it actually useful and good.
- They have improved the trajectory of the Combat Axe, making it fly with reduced arch, making Combat Axe kills at long ranges a lot better.
- They also patched the Combat axe making it quieter/stealthier.
- If you quit a lobby because the other players are skilless campers, and search for a new game, it doesn't typically put you back in the same lobby you just left.
- Pistols seem much more lethal to me, and are very fast to ADS. (Seems faster than other CoD's, but not sure)
- Hit boxes seem to be tighter, making headshots headshots and bodyshots boddyshots even on moving targets
- Muting entire lobbies is super fast with only two button clicks.
- Muting single players in lobbies is cumbersome
- Players who Gold all items in a weapons catagoy get the recognition with Diamond Camo.
- The Pick 10 system is well designed and allows for total customization with balance
- You can opt to only carry one weapon, or none at all, and use the slots for other perks, etc. (Knifers rejoice)
My only gripes are these:
- Still no infinite sprint. (Worst decision ever)
- Melee is difficult with ZERO lunge of any kind. (Takes some getting used to)
- Akimbo pistols will not allow for a second attachment (Silencers, ext mags, etc)
- Perks are perks, there is no pro upgrade based on performance.
- The Video Vault is not accessible like it was in Blops 1. It is a pain in the butt to file vids away and keep track for later uploading.
- Nuketown 2025 is a stand-alone map that NEVER goes into rotation in regular FFA gameplay. You must go to a Nuketown Lobby and you are forced to play game types that you may not be interested in. (I exclusively play Free For All and Kill Confirmed)
- Some maps are left out of the FFA rotation. (Drone, Turbine, etc)
I encourage you to check out my Youtube videos if you want to see the Combat Axe and the Ballistic Knife in action. Search for "StabbyMcHatchet Montage".
I have only played the first couple levels of the Campaign, but one change that I LOVE that they implemented with the campaign was something I have ALWAYS wished for: You can create a class for the campaign!
Being a Combat Axe fanatic, I played the Campaign just long enough to unlock the Combat Axe by meeting the challenges outlined in the guide book. I am saving the campaign play for later if I get bored or frustrated with the Multiplayer, so that is all I will say about it. But I am happy that I can use the Combat Axe in Campaign gameplay when I decide to do it.
Anyways, this is 10 out of 10 for Multiplayer, IMO. Get it if you're a CoD fan or if you're an FPS fan at all. GOTY.