Top positive review
3 of 3 people found this helpful
Best CoD yet
on December 21, 2012
No matter what, there are going to be haters.
The whole Treyarch VS Infinity Ward thing is petty, so I don't worry about that stuff. I like them both, I am a CoD fan, and I love the engine the way it is.
That being said, this edition of CoD is superior to all others.
I give Black Ops 2 five stars.
Some things that I personally have noticed with this CoD:
- They have improved the response of the Ballistic Knife, making it actually useful and good.
- They have improved the trajectory of the Combat Axe, making it fly with reduced arch, making Combat Axe kills at long ranges a lot better.
- They also patched the Combat axe making it quieter/stealthier.
- If you quit a lobby because the other players are skilless campers, and search for a new game, it doesn't typically put you back in the same lobby you just left.
- Pistols seem much more lethal to me, and are very fast to ADS. (Seems faster than other CoD's, but not sure)
- Hit boxes seem to be tighter, making headshots headshots and bodyshots boddyshots even on moving targets
- Muting entire lobbies is super fast with only two button clicks.
- Muting single players in lobbies is cumbersome
- Players who Gold all items in a weapons catagoy get the recognition with Diamond Camo.
- The Pick 10 system is well designed and allows for total customization with balance
- You can opt to only carry one weapon, or none at all, and use the slots for other perks, etc. (Knifers rejoice)
My only gripes are these:
- Still no infinite sprint. (Worst decision ever)
- Melee is difficult with ZERO lunge of any kind. (Takes some getting used to)
- Akimbo pistols will not allow for a second attachment (Silencers, ext mags, etc)
- Perks are perks, there is no pro upgrade based on performance.
- The Video Vault is not accessible like it was in Blops 1. It is a pain in the butt to file vids away and keep track for later uploading.
- Nuketown 2025 is a stand-alone map that NEVER goes into rotation in regular FFA gameplay. You must go to a Nuketown Lobby and you are forced to play game types that you may not be interested in. (I exclusively play Free For All and Kill Confirmed)
- Some maps are left out of the FFA rotation. (Drone, Turbine, etc)
I encourage you to check out my Youtube videos if you want to see the Combat Axe and the Ballistic Knife in action. Search for "StabbyMcHatchet Montage".
I have only played the first couple levels of the Campaign, but one change that I LOVE that they implemented with the campaign was something I have ALWAYS wished for: You can create a class for the campaign!
Being a Combat Axe fanatic, I played the Campaign just long enough to unlock the Combat Axe by meeting the challenges outlined in the guide book. I am saving the campaign play for later if I get bored or frustrated with the Multiplayer, so that is all I will say about it. But I am happy that I can use the Combat Axe in Campaign gameplay when I decide to do it.
Anyways, this is 10 out of 10 for Multiplayer, IMO. Get it if you're a CoD fan or if you're an FPS fan at all. GOTY.