5.0 out of 5 stars Mac and PC without formatting the drive.
The drive is slick, attaches seamlessly to my Mac and my PC without having to format the drive or losing any previously backed up data. Thin and decently portable as well. Very happy with my purchase.
Published 19 months ago by Joshua Hughes

1.0 out of 5 stars Drive failure in first few weeks
Unfortunately, I did not purchase this item at my local B&M store or I would have been able to return it and get a new same or similar item in exchange. I don't fault Amazon but I don't know that I will purchase this sort of thing online in the future.

Published 15 months ago by Karen L

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac and PC without formatting the drive., Dec 4 2012
This review is from: Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (Black)(STBU1000100) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product: simple, fast, slick and not expensive at all (69$ in an amazon deal), Dec 25 2012
Great product: simple, fast, slick and not expensive at all...
For 69$ it really worth the price!
It has been working for 3 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Drive failure in first few weeks, April 10 2013

The drive failed completely within a few weeks of first use and because it was outside of the return window for Amazon, I had to deal with Seagate's warranty. Be forewarned, Seagate replaced my defective drive with a RECONDITIONED drive and further, I had to pay for the return shipping. They also don't provide for data recovery, except for a coupon worth a small percentage of the total cost for data recovery services.

I hope the replacement drive lasts longer than the brand new one I had a few weeks ago, but I won't count on it. I already have multiple backup systems, but now I feel like this one was a total waste of money, time and effort. I won't buy Seagate next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, Sept. 28 2013
A little late in writing the review. it work great. the user interface is easy. havent experienced any issues with it so far and i have had it for a few months now. only sad thing is the price has gone down since i bought it :(. but a good product for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, March 28 2013
works like a charm, love the fact that is is compatible with both Mac and pc formats with having to reformat drive each time. Amazon delivery was quick and efficient as usual

2.0 out of 5 stars toooo expensive for online buying, Dec 27 2013
Seriously at this full price with extra profit who would buy this online and have problems returning the article. I've seen this article soooo many times at les then 45 $ Come on... and if you buy on special in the states it's less the 40$....don't buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor craftmanship, Nov. 1 2013
The drive is great, small and portable. With the aluminum body, it dissipate heat better then plastic, but the portion with all the connection ports that attached to drive came apart very easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backup drive!, March 15 2013
Easy to use, small, light and portable. Great value for the money. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a good, portable backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, March 2 2013
It runs with no problem. I trust this brand.
I prefer portable ones even if for the same amount of money, unportable ones provide larger space. Portable ones is more convenient, especially for laptops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Feb. 28 2013
I love this, USB 3.0 works and so does USB 2.0, it is pretty sleek in my opinion, and I really like it. It transfers files pretty fast and I would say that it is compatible since my school's computer is really crap