5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed!
Published 20 months ago by PRfectPeaches

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate It
Got it early so for so good and connected it to my laptop and backed up my important stuff and now when I connect it won't show up all it says it's a local disk and I have to format it witch I won't do because of my stuff on it, it will show up on my xbox but nothing else tried Seagate web site witch is no help, waste of good money!
Published 5 months ago by Kent Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed!, Jan. 22 2013
This review is from: Seagate Expansion 500GB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STBX500100) (Personal Computers)
Great price for a huge amount of storage space! Was shipped out and delivered the next day. This hard drive is extremely portable, it's so small I could carry it around in my pocket. It's extremely easy to use, just plug it in and your good to go and drag'n'drop any of your files into the device. Also the device is USB 3 and 2 compatible, which is handy for older computers. I would recommend this to anyone who's just looking for extra storage and nothing fancy. It doesn't heat up and comes with a 1 year limited warranty for defects. Which unless you are accident prone or are careless with what you do on your computer the 1 year limited warranty should be all you should really need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seagte Expansion 500GB USB3.0 portable external hard drive stbx500100, Dec 1 2012
I just received this external hard drive... I had absolutely no problem connecting.. I just plugged it in my USB and was able to do backup instantly!!! since I am not very technical, I was afraid of running into difficulties but NO - it works fast and plenty of space for what I'm going to use it for...

also shipping was less than 3 days!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works perfect, Jan. 27 2013
This harddisk is perfect. It can plug and play without any problem with my Windows 8, and I receive it within a week. Awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent portable drive for travelers, July 15 2012
Big Al (Alan Rivière) "Alan Rivière" (Southwest, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This Seagate Expansion 500 GB Portable External Hard Drive STBX500100 runs on USB 3.0, which is a major improvement over the older 2.0 version, with transfer speed up to 5 Gigabits/sec, versus 480 Megabits/sec of USB 2.0. Computers with USB 3.0 are still relatively rare, but this Seagate Expansion Hard Drive is backward-compatible to USB 2.0, which is what I got in my HP desktop. The hard drive is plug-N-play. Within seconds after I plugged it in, it was up and running. A USB 3.0 cable is included. It is different in construction from USB 2.0 cables. A tiny blue LED lights up when the connection is made. Power is drawn from the computer via the USB cable. No AC transformer or cord is necessary. The actual read/write speed of a hard drive is not the same as the USB transfer speed. I tested this hard drive with a software called DiskBench. The write speed of this Seagate Expansion drive ranges from 114 to 170 Megabytes/second and the read speed from 384 to 614 Megabytes/second, which are decent. This drive is highly portable, measuring 3-3/16" X 4-13/16" X 1/2" thick. The capacity at 500 GB is limited but it is ideal for travelers to carry selected data. I don't have USB 3.0, but I can see the logic of buying a USB 3.0 drive for a computer with USB 2.0, because USB 3.0 will be the standard in a few years. I can't speak to the drive's reliability, but I own two Seagate external hard drives and they have been very reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, March 19 2013
Works as expected.
Backed up data easily.
Good data transfer rate and easily portable.
Can be used with any lap top or desk top computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, arrived promptly with no problems., March 29 2013
arrived quick, even with free shipping, works great, lightweight but not cheap feeling. good product. would recommend to any in need of more storage on a budget

4.0 out of 5 stars Working Well, Jan. 14 2013
This external hard drive seems to be working well. It is still too early to say much. Setup is simple and quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, Jan. 10 2013
I just bought this product because my personal computer hard drive was near full and I'm really satisfied about this product : it's small, fast and can be use with USB 2.0 or 3.0! If you want an external hard drive, I suggest you really consider this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seagate 500Gb, Jan. 5 2013
I bought the hard drive 1 month ago and for now it's perfect. Works good, don't overheat and the price is right!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful hard drive for a great price., Jan. 1 2013
I was looking for a hard drive to use with my Wii U so I could store games, but I didn't want something bulky. I wanted something that could be powered from the USB ports on the console. I had a G-Drive Slim but that didn't work with the console for some reason so I went to look for another.

The shipping was really fast, took two days and the packaging was fine. The hard drive casing is really nice, a matte black finish but it's smooth plastic and won't show scratches easily. The indicator light is right on top, so you can see disk activity no matter which direction the drive's facing. But the most important feature about this drive is that it's powered by the Wii U's usb ports, which is great for anyone looking for a drive to expand their console's capacity without having to carry around an extra giant bulky power adapter. I don't really see any problems with the drive so far. I've used it for a week and it's fast enough for my uses, quiet as well.

If you're looking for a great little portable hard drive this one's fantastic.