countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout All-New Kindle Home Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on July 21, 2016
A classic piece. Timely. Able to be read every year, it is so well written. One novel I have in my library that I go back to read on some cold winter days, when I am feeling like a "pick me up" is in order. Jane Austen novels are sure to throw you into life in the late 1700's. Definitely a classic read.
on December 26, 2015
I had tried to read this numerous times as a kid, teen, early twenties, and the language always got to me. This si the first time I've made it all the way through, and it is a fascinating insight into some of the conventions of the Regency era. I've read various fanfiction in various fandoms set in the Regency era, so this was a bit of a "where a lot of that came from" revelation.
on April 13, 2016
Not as good as I thought it would be. Almost put it down when she becomes a wimp and doesn't say what she is really thinking, Then I remembered the times and thought maybe she can't because that is not proper. I could never have lived in that time I'm far too outspoken!
on October 5, 2013
I first wanted to read this book because I watched the mini-series and missed on of the episodes. I had to find out what happened. Since buying the book I have read it over 15 times over the course of about 10 or more years. Every time I read it there is some detail I didn't notice before and it made me appreciate the mini-series even more. However, it made me think the more recent movie was totally inadequate and a joke.

If you like the romance of older times and gentlemen and ladies, it's a good book for you!
on August 4, 2014
As a schoolboy, I hated Austen. Recently, I found that her thing was satire. My teacher certainly never told me that. As satire its brilliant, as was LADY SUSAN, and, I suspect, all the rest I'm going to reread soon.
on July 26, 2015
I am a big fan of Jane Austen, and this book is definetly the most famous one of her collection. I have read it when I graduated form high school. And three years later, I still want to read it again. Besides, I slso want to read the other five novels of hers. She is a great author with enigmatic life experience and somestimes I just feel that I can see her own stories in her plots. Expecially when the settings and conversations are so reall!
on October 2, 2015
This was my first book download for my new tablet. I had not purchased my tablet for this capability, but it seems that may end up as one of it's purposes. Have already loaded to other books which I found free online.
on July 19, 2015
Well written, though a quiet nook with a blanket is recommended before attempting the antiquated language... I love the romance and eloquence with which Ms. Austen delivers her story, but I did have to read some sections a few times over due to interruptions. Highly recommend to readers seeking a witty, inspired and feel-good romance.
on August 17, 2013
Wether you enjoy historical romance or not, this book is a classic of the 19th century England. Jane Austen is an excellent author, splendid epoch vocabulary. Plenty of funny and dramatic situations,it is a fabulous portrait of that century .
Every member of the Bennet family has a particular character and the details of each personality gives this novel a richness than is incomparable to any modern novel.
Anyone who pretends to be or become an experienced reader simply must read this book once in his or her life. I personally read this book and every Austen novel every five years or so.
If you are a romantic at heart, you will too. I strongly recommend you read the book before you see the movies that were made in the last few years.
Totally recommended for teenagers.
on January 26, 2014
The characters made me imagine a wonderful story and how first impressions are not always the right one. Always trust your heart.