march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage scflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on January 26, 2014
The characters made me imagine a wonderful story and how first impressions are not always the right one. Always trust your heart.
on October 5, 2013
I first wanted to read this book because I watched the mini-series and missed on of the episodes. I had to find out what happened. Since buying the book I have read it over 15 times over the course of about 10 or more years. Every time I read it there is some detail I didn't notice before and it made me appreciate the mini-series even more. However, it made me think the more recent movie was totally inadequate and a joke.

If you like the romance of older times and gentlemen and ladies, it's a good book for you!
on January 12, 2014
One of my favourites. The English is easy to read, the characters are delightful and the plot is engrossing. A must read for any romantic.
on June 7, 2014
Pride and Prejudice is one of the most enjoyable books that I have read. Each time I dive into it I uncover another subtle insight into Elizabeth and Darcy's personality. Jane Austen followed a similar pattern in most of her novels but I feel that this book must be studied as the benchmark from which the others may be examined. I look for the Mrs. Bennett, Wickham, and Lady Catherine in all of her novels and shades of each seemed to be reflected in the others as well. This book should be required reading by all those interested in English literature.
on July 26, 2015
I am a big fan of Jane Austen, and this book is definetly the most famous one of her collection. I have read it when I graduated form high school. And three years later, I still want to read it again. Besides, I slso want to read the other five novels of hers. She is a great author with enigmatic life experience and somestimes I just feel that I can see her own stories in her plots. Expecially when the settings and conversations are so reall!
on December 26, 2015
I had tried to read this numerous times as a kid, teen, early twenties, and the language always got to me. This si the first time I've made it all the way through, and it is a fascinating insight into some of the conventions of the Regency era. I've read various fanfiction in various fandoms set in the Regency era, so this was a bit of a "where a lot of that came from" revelation.
on July 19, 2015
Well written, though a quiet nook with a blanket is recommended before attempting the antiquated language... I love the romance and eloquence with which Ms. Austen delivers her story, but I did have to read some sections a few times over due to interruptions. Highly recommend to readers seeking a witty, inspired and feel-good romance.
on April 13, 2016
Not as good as I thought it would be. Almost put it down when she becomes a wimp and doesn't say what she is really thinking, Then I remembered the times and thought maybe she can't because that is not proper. I could never have lived in that time I'm far too outspoken!
on August 4, 2014
As a schoolboy, I hated Austen. Recently, I found that her thing was satire. My teacher certainly never told me that. As satire its brilliant, as was LADY SUSAN, and, I suspect, all the rest I'm going to reread soon.
on October 2, 2015
This was my first book download for my new tablet. I had not purchased my tablet for this capability, but it seems that may end up as one of it's purposes. Have already loaded to other books which I found free online.