5.0 out of 5 stars This computer rocks and I love it
Published 21 months ago by Mega Rock Star

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor wifi and windows 7
WiFi reception can be irritating and it constantly drops connection. Very nice metal construction with rubberized bottom which helps prevent slipping. Doesn't overheat too much. Great for everyday use (HD movies, email, internet surfing when WiFi is working, etc.)
Published 17 months ago by shafiq92

5.0 out of 5 stars This computer rocks and I love it, Dec 19 2012
This review is from: HP Envy 6-1040ca 15.6-Inch Sleekbook (Windows 7, A6-4455M, 8GB DDR3, 500GB 5400RPM, AMD Radeon HD 7500G) (Electronics)
I have had the same computer above for more than awhile and I have never ever had any issues with it and I give this product 5 stars all the way. I know there are people that buy the products like HP and then bust them up and post comments on sites like this saying that they have failed on them . I know HP products and I own HP products and they have never ever given me any issues . Amazon.ca I posted this comment out of respect to you and the other loyal supporters of HP products who are really loyal to the brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars defective design, Feb. 15 2014
A hinge has broken after just over a year of light use. Looking online, this seems to be a common problem with HP Sleekbooks. Search for 'HP Envy hinge' and you will find many forum posts describing this problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good laptop for the price, May 15 2013
Bought this laptop to replace my daughter's broken machine. She was insistent on a HP, and this one did fit the bill in terms of features she required. The keyboard has a good feel to it and screen resolution is excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor wifi and windows 7, April 13 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars (Revised review) Broken Hinges. Initially poor support. Company came through, though, Nov. 19 2012
Maybe because I raised such a fuss, HP replaced the broken computer with a new one at no cost to me. The computer works wonderfully well. Except for the weak hinges and the consumer-unfriendly support process, it's an excellent product.
---
I purchased this computer on Sept 7 2012. Just a few months later, both hinges have broken and the laptop cover has split at the hinges. I have three other laptops in this house at the moment, all of them Dell products. All four of my laptops have been treated equally. Only the HP has had this problem. I contacted HP Support. They denied that this was a problem with their laptops and suggested that, at best, this was accidental damage, which is not supported by the basic warranty. It will be up to an HP technician to decide if this is or is not a problem under warranty. I really doubt that the HP employee has my, rather than his/her company's, interests at heart. Apparently, if they do not agree to fix the laptop without charge, the cost to me will be over $200. I can assure you, the problem is a structural problem, a poor design. I've treated the laptop no differently than any other laptop I've had, and, really, I'm in no way hard on my devices. I have looked online, and I am by no means the first HP customer to have exactly this problem.